color coded calendar app

rainbowbrite812

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
if i use the calendar app on my droid in agenda it is color coded to the diff calendars on my google calendar, but it's not on the full month...when i'm busy it's just green.

is there a way to color code the native calendar app, or is there a color coded cal app? i've searched and don't see one...

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i think the native app is just made that way for visibility sake, in week and agenda since you're zoomed in, it shows the colors.

evanthx

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Well nuts. I just set up different calendars just so I could get different colors and I am fairly disappointed I bothered now. :) Doesn't do me any good to drill down when I can't tell which days to drill down to and I didn't want to check each day!

Any advice on another calendar app that does support color coding on higher level views?

anon(697)

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Pure Grid Calendar Widget shows you a grid for the month - can be configured to show days with your agenda timeline in each and is colour coded from your Google Calendar

Dave

Cathy9887

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Evan - how does the Calendar Grid widget work? The current calendar on my Samsung Moment is a total deal breaker for me... so if this works, I might consider keeping it. Can you click on the days? Can you click on the color coded appointments? How do you like it so far??

Thanks!!
Cathy

Koxx

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi,
I answered to you email ;)
I need you to send me a logcat for your crash ...
without it, impossible to know what is the real problem.

evanthx

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
The widget gives me a calendar for the home screen that shows several weeks (I have it configured to three weeks.) There's a little color coded bar at the top of each date that tells me I have an appointment that day, and the color tells me which calendar so I know if it's business or not. If I tap the day, a little sub window pops open telling me the details of that day.

Tapping the first or last day advances the three week window, nice although it means that when I want to view the appointments on the first or last day I have to advance it, THEN view them. :)

I cannot use this to view the details of an appointment, at least I haven't seen a way to do that. So I do use it in conjunction with the built-in calendar. What's been working really well for me is an agenda view of the built in calendar which shows me just a bit on the home screen, then this widget showing me three weeks on a side screen. I have to go back to the regular calendar view to get details, but at least I can get to everything between the two of them - and this does give me a great overview at a glance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol