Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brently2013
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Rooted AOSP

Angry Stay Away from Slide Me

With Android becoming more and more prevalent, apps, and stores that offer apps are also increasing. I write today to let users know that I recently had and am having a dreadful experience with an app store called Slide Me. I recently purchased (4.99), downloaded and installed an app from the Slide Me Market (a separate app) to give it a try.

The application I purchased failed to work properly, and after I un-installed, attempted to re-download and re-install the application, the native Slide Me Market app locked up, requiring reboot. This happened multiple times. I chalked up my losses and wrote support to seek a refund.

There is where the bad experience really escalates.

After now about 10 emails I have been argued with and accused of changing my story to the point I can't see straight. I have been asked to send them the other app (same app different developer) that I had downloaded which worked properly (irrelevant, I see to their app not working), and somehow prove to them that the app I downloaded from them doesn't work (?). I was told one day I would be getting a refund, and then one day told I wasn't. Hrruf...

I understand that "000's" of people have used said app successfully and I understand protecting your developers. But for this user, I couldn't use it and I couldn't even re-download it. What more do you want me to tell you? Make a Video? In short I am asking for a credit or refund...not a new device.. or half market share of the company.

What really is irritating is that they continue to argue and accuse. They obviously have no interest in keeping me as a customer, nor do they understand the idea of bad "press". I am hoping it is simply a bad employee at their help desk.

With that said, the message to others from my experience is to steer clear of these sort of "start up" markets, particular Slide Me. I hadn't heard of Slide Me up to that point, and maybe I just had an isolated bad experience. However, after this debacle I won't do business with them in the future and I can recommend you think seriously about purchasing any apps from them. As third party Android App stores grow with Android Platform, I will look more seriously in the future at an app store when making a purchase, if not stick with the Titans, i.e. Amazon and Google's Android Market.

A 4.99 lesson, learned the hard way I guess.
    Last edited by Lttlwing16; 01-06-2012 at 04:09 PM.
    I am a product of my failures.

It's not the law, just a suggestion..

"Let's Flash Together" Bigjobber69.
    Thanked by:
    Thunderbolter

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Was it N64oid?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Rooted AOSP

Did you have a similar experience?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Thunderbolter

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

No, but I was planning on buying it as soon as I got paid (today), so now I'm second guessing it. Was it?

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Rooted AOSP

Honestly not trying to avoid your question, but I would try looking for that application from a different source I had luck using Google...

Thunderbolter

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Would the latest version of my unanswered question be found using said search engine?

Default Re: Stay Away from Slide Me

Lttlwing16,

Once again you word the story to your favour, without revealing the truth. It is correct that we were about to refund and we would of done so if your were able to follow up on providing answers to our questions to confirm your claim.

You said in this post:
    I have been asked to send them the other app (same app different developer) that I had downloaded which worked properly (irrelevant, I see to their app not working), and somehow prove to them that the app I downloaded from them doesn't work (?).
    is not true

We asked to provide the source (so we can review version details and package name) and then later we asked for transaction ID from where you purchased it.

You mentioned:
    I would like full refund as the app didn't work and the slide me market app
    malfunctioned as well. I have since downloaded N64oid from another site and
    have installed and used successfully.
    This clearly indicates that you sourced, purchased or pirated "N64oid" from another source not some other similar application. Then you change the story and mentioned you sourced a similar apk that did the same after being asked for transaction ID.

There would be no difference from the version on our store and whatever other source we asked you to reveal and not provide a copy of the apk but the source. Same apk file downloaded from different sources will not behave or affect your device differently, hence our request to review source you mentioned.

If you had purchased it, then you would of have received some sort of transaction ID, that we could relay to developer and justify refund for this transaction, being a marketplace.

When you were asked for the above you neither revealed your source nor provided proof that you had a transaction to justify your claim and reason for a refund.

I hope developers and many users read this post so they can understand the effort we put into making sure we protect developers and do not refund that easily when a suspicious request such as yours is brought forward.

Will let people reading this thread to decide on their own.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Rooted AOSP

Slide Me,

Here are the facts of this situation

I PURCHASED, (meaning paid for legally) an app from your store.

That application didn't work.

I attempted to redownload app, but that was impossible as your SAM app store didn't work either.

To ensure the problem wasn't my device, I located a similar N64 emulator app not sourced from Slide Me and installed. It worked fine.

I asked for refund as above situation justifies one.

You asked for source of the alternate N64oid app that I downloaded, which is irrelevant. Where and What I download doesn't change or effect that your apps didnt work, nor is it your business to know.

You agreed, but then decided I am out to pirate software or rip off the dev and withdrew the refund.

I still don't have a refund, only a huge loss of time, which is not worth 4.99.

Being accused of pirating software, which is an assumption on your part, defamatory, completely devoid of any character and lacks all evidence is staggering. Regardless of your opinion, I am an honest user, simply seeking a refund that I feel, and your store felt was justified at one point. Please keep the 4.99. It is no longer worth the time.

I wrote this thread to express my bad, err, horrible experience with Slide Me, which just continues. The above post just illustrates your desire to argue, accuse and your lack of willingness to correct a situation with an honest consumer, instead of offering the basics in customer service. If you think I am out to pirate software, you can ask PayPal or the Android Market about how willing I am to pirate software based on my collection of legally paid apps.

Sorry , but you've profiled the wrong guy Slide Me.
    Last edited by Lttlwing16; 01-07-2012 at 02:00 AM.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

how come n64oid and gameboid aren't in the android market anymore?

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I only buy from Amazon and sometimes on the Android market it self. I have used 3rd party markets (Other than Amazon) but I have not and will not buy anything with a 3rd party. Its all been free apps...

Sorry to hear about the issues. No good! Stories are good to read like this so others may know or even share their own stories.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    My Blog: C2JBlog.com

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by f0ug View Post
    how come n64oid and gameboid aren't in the android market anymore?
    Not sure if this is why but my bet is Nintendo had a fit and cried copy right. Needless to say it is correct though. Just a thought but I could also be 100% wrong!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    My Blog: C2JBlog.com

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

does anyone else have experience with n64oid?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    Rooted AOSP

To be fair with Slide Me, I want to say that Slide Me Market recently (Monday of this week) issued a full refund for the non-functioning application I downloaded from their market.

Regardless, this came with much time wasted, and a huge amount of time arguing. I don't want that as a consumer. I have money I am willing to spend, and businesses need revenue to stay afloat.

I love Amazon.com because they exemplify what customer service should be. Fully available all the time, no arguments, and even being gracious where I have made mistakes. The end result for Amazon is that I continue to shop with them, and encourage others to do the same. I understand they have more capital to offers such level of customer service, but hopefully one day Slide Me will be able to offer the same level of customer service and satisfaction.

Good luck Slide Me, but until then, I would still encourage others to think seriously about your store.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

where else can you buy the app? I just want to play OOT on my phone
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    Rooted AOSP

check posts 5 in this thread.

Angry Re: Stay Away from Slide Me

This is enough! The Slide Me Market is terrible!!!!!! It will say apps "seem to be compatable," then they never install. Tried to download updated version, wouldn't install. These are the most knock off, uninteresting apps ever! To top it off, they clearly have no respect for their consumers. The post here spells that out, any company that will argue, insult and complicate a clients situation over $4.99 is a pathetic joke. Google Play is the way for me to go. As others have said, stay away from this rude, third-rate market and any devices that come with it. Spend the money on the product construction and SOFTWARE that is functional and known. Anyone who is tech savvy will quickly see that this Slide Me Market, and all it's software is unreliable, undesirable and backed by a rude, smarta** company.
    Thanked by:
    mysticaly4u likes this.

Thanks for sharing. I'm actually a developer publishing my apps on Google Play Store.

I can confirm this would never happen on Play Store. User gets a refund, no questions asked. That's what I look in customer service as a user too.

That said, I tried AndroidPIT, same thing, no respect for customers or developers and they take no responsibility on anything happening because of failures on their part. Even worse, if as a developer you want to stop selling your app with them, they actually remove your apps and revoke all previously paid license from all users! And then they send all angry user to the dev! However they take 30% of every sale + 19% taxes, issue an invoice in their name, but keep claiming developer removed apps from their marketplace!

This again, will never happen on Play Store, Google offers a life-time guarantee users can download whatever they purchased, or even simply downloaded for free!

Now here is the story I had with SlideME:

1- They offer some guide to integrate their SDK and detect which marketplace is being used. The code is awfully unoptimized and I mentioned that to them. They got upset and started arguing with crap arguments. I actually keep a record of that just in case.

2- Once I published my app it was rated 3 stars, something aweful as I wouldn't bother trying or installing such rated app myself! So I questioned them about where it came from, here is the discussion:

SlideME: Generally speaking, all apps are given a rating now automatically when they are approved. To get the ball rolling so to speak.

ME: A 3 star fake rating is not very good for getting things rolling. Even more so when app rating is 4.8 on Play Store!

SlideME: Google Play store ratings do not reflect SlideME user ratings, and as mentioned in the FAQ you should never use Google Play as a form of credibility in your support tickets as this actually undermines your case with us. Nor does Google Play's rating system correlate 1 for 1 with SlideME's either.

SlideME: Your initial rating was given based on the actual quality of the application by our editors compared to other equivalent applications on SlideME and is by and large the real rating of the application--not fake. This is considered a positive thing by most developers since many applications do not receive such a good initial rating

I couldn't find any apps similar to mine on their market place.
    Last edited by Cedric Counotte; 05-11-2013 at 01:27 PM.