Contact thumbnail image not showing up in gtalk app

mnorris12706

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
So I have a push gmail account with Facebook syncing set to only sync contacts that are in both my gmail and facebook lists. Well, only a few contacts that are in both actually have facebook pictures. Second, manually adding the pictures works however when using the stock gtalk app, even though said contact has image, it will only show the default grey android guy. Anyone know why?

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I noticed that, too.... Contacts with facebook all show their facebook photo (which I love, btw)... but it seems that doesn't extend out to the GTalk app. Works w/ txt messages though -- it even shows their Facebook status in a text message thread.

mikedigital

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I've had the same issue. It's strange. I have one person that has an image, and then another person that has an image everywhere else, but not there. It's strange. I don't think there is a conflict with information as everything else seems to be joined correctly.

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I think it's trying to download folks Google Profile Icon. Would be nice if it would use either or. Half my Gtalk contacts have no Google icon, but they have a facebook icon, which appears everywhere but Gtalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aesthetics1