1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AndTorrent Bit-Torrent?

Since we will have unlimited 3g/4g data with the Evo, I was wondering if anyone had tried the app called 'AndTorrent Bit-Torrent'. Most other tools I've seen are more for monitoring/adding torrents to your computer, but I wanted one that would let me download torrents directly on my phone so i could transfer it later.

Anyone with experience or suggestions?

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ataneja View Post
    Since we will have unlimited 3g/4g data with the Evo, I was wondering if anyone had tried the app called 'AndTorrent Bit-Torrent'. Most other tools I've seen are more for monitoring/adding torrents to your computer, but I wanted one that would let me download torrents directly on my phone so i could transfer it later.

Anyone with experience or suggestions?
    I think it is more like a tracker, torrent manager than as actual download to my phone

ROM

SUCH BS!!!

I've been looking for something like this to come out since my G1 was released
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Boo. I think I remember when I had WinMo (HTC Mogul), there was a client...hopefully someone develops it!

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    MYN's rls 5

I have defintely been thinking the same thing . I do hope there is a client developed .

As far as i know, it lets you download directly to your phone.
    "AndTorrent allows you to download torrent files directly to your Android powered device."

The maker of Torrent-fu is developing a torrent client for android....called Swarm... I am on the list to be a beta tester.... check him out on facebook... search for torrent-fu.

I currently have andtorrent for my moto droid. However, some people (like me) are experiencing failure to download in the background however, my boyfriend (htc incredible) doesn't have any problems with the same app and same version. you can find the apk for .88 and .89.3 online it's not on the android market. the developer is now charging one dollar compared to the 4.99 that he used to. When you buy it, it uses the google market so you'll be covered in case you don't want it! I already emailed the developer about this issue and no response.

apristel hit the nail on the head. Swarm so far is the best and I think the only way to download torrents to the phone. Thorrent-fu is to search for the torrents without going into the internet browser. I use both myself.

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock SGSIIE4GT

AndTorrent downloads directly to phone, i just donwloaded Spiderman 3. Being on 3G takes forever though.

Default Re: AndTorrent Bit-Torrent?

We all know about adownloader now right?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Sent From My Galaxy Nexus