Handcent question

surf1

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Any way to remove the ? mark blank pic that's on every text bubble? Don't have the phone sync'd with Facebook since not everyone is on FB and it got annoying seeing some pics here and there, but it's annoying with the ? mark pic too lol.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used handcent in a long time, so I'm not sure. But I'm going to move this thread over to the apps section. Getting more eyes on this question might help.

grandmoo

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Any way to remove the ? mark blank pic that's on every text bubble? Don't have the phone sync'd with Facebook since not everyone is on FB and it got annoying seeing some pics here and there, but it's annoying with the ? mark pic too lol.

You may have to go into each individual contact thread that doesn't have a picture to do this (I just tried it on one of mine I didn't have a picture for), unless you don't want ANY contact pictures.

For individual contacts: open Handcent => open the thread, click the little contact/gear thing in the upper right hand corner, then choose "Bubble Settings". From there, choose "Display contact pictures" => "Don't display". Back out (use the "back" button) and be sure to save when it asks if you want to save your settings.

For ALL contacts: (this is an either/or, if you turn off contact pictures here, it turns them off, period, you can't get them back with individuals): open Handcent, click "Menu" => "Settings" => "Custom style" => (here you can either choose "Conversation list settings" or "Bubble settings" - you'll wind up in the same place). Choose "Display contact pictures" => "Don't display".

Hope this helps!

surf1

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll try that, thanks for the help

edit - that worked, thanks! Yeh I don't even have it sync'd to facebook for contacts anyway since not everyone is on FB, and even when I tried it, only some contacts showed pics, there were a lot on FB whom on my phone still showed no pic.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that in the last several days I stopped getting any Handcent notifications, sound or LED blinking. Texts (SMS) are in, but no notifications. Perhaps this is since the last update. Anybody else has experienced the same?