Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Default Re: Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

Here is my car mode configuration. It works pretty well - took me a million tries to get it the way I wanted it. Now keep in mind that I use the event of once the phone is plugged into a power source that bluetooth turns on for 3 minutes and shuts off if no connected. Once my phone is connected - well you can see what I have set up. The key was to get bluetooth on automatically. Once my HandFreeLink connected the rest of the events unfold. I also have everything turned off once the bluetooth is disconnected.

Also note that on JB you cannot have a third party app fire your GPS. I used secure settings since my phone is rooted and it has worked perfectly each time.

Hello,

I also like Llama, but I only want to configure my sound-profiles and for this the app is a bit too complex and needs to much energy.

For those of you who want to easy manage sound-profiles I can suggest the App named "Audio Mode Switcher". It is easy to use and reques really low power.

The app allows you to define weekly recorring times, when to switch to a certain audio-profile - that is really easy like setting the alarm clock.

Furthermore ther is the possibility to synchronize with your calendar. You can define events per keyword (i.e. if the word "meeting" appears in the event-title) or/and per calendars. When the event starts the app switches to a set profile and when it ends it switches again.

Similar to Llama there is also a location-based profile. It does not work such as accurate as Llama, but consumes way less energy. However, it works fine if your defined locations are not near by (about 1 km).

To sum it up - who searches a good alternative to Llama I honestly recommend Audio Mode Switcher.

It is available on PlayStore:

ROM
    CyanogenMod 10.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Kiley Hernandez View Post
    Also note that on JB you cannot have a third party app fire your GPS. I used secure settings since my phone is rooted and it has worked perfectly each time.
    Llama can! I don't use Secure settings anymore except for toggling data twice (see attachments).

Quote Originally Posted by Kiley Hernandez View Post
    Once my HandFreeLink connected the rest of the events unfold. I also have everything turned off once the bluetooth is disconnected.
    You could clean up your events by adding "Queued events". Activating car mode + car mode activated = Car mode : When HandsFreeLink TM is connected - Say 'Activating car mode', turn on car mode, enable GPS, enable mobile data, disable WiFi, set to 100% brightness, set Llama variable 'Car mode on' to 'yes' and queue an event named 'car mode 2' after 5 seconds
    car mode 2 : When 'Car mode on' has a value of 'yes' - say car mode activated.

Two events in One! do the same for Deactivating car mode and Car mode deactivated 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?-screenshot2013_5_3_11.24.53.png   Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?-screenshot2013_5_3_11.30.15.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier D View Post
    Llama can! I don't use Secure settings anymore except for toggling data twice (see attachments).
    The Moto Droid Razr Maxx HD I have not been able to do this using llama directly. The only way I was able to do this successfully was using secure settings as a locale trigger to accomplish GPS. GPS is the only one that I have not successfully gotten llama to trigger by itself. Thus my need to use secure settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier D View Post
    You could clean up your events by adding "Queued events". Activating car mode + car mode activated = Car mode : When HandsFreeLink TM is connected - Say 'Activating car mode', turn on car mode, enable GPS, enable mobile data, disable WiFi, set to 100% brightness, set Llama variable 'Car mode on' to 'yes' and queue an event named 'car mode 2' after 5 seconds
    car mode 2 : When 'Car mode on' has a value of 'yes' - say car mode activated.

Two events in One! do the same for Deactivating car mode and Car mode deactivated 2

I have also tried this set up and for some reason llama won't trigger my second event. Essentially leaving car mode activated when it should be off.

olivier - I cant get llams to trigger GPS either,
    I have the same event as you (when Maps is active enable GPS) but it doesnt fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Moleapps View Post
    Hello,

I also like Llama, but I only want to configure my sound-profiles and for this the app is a bit too complex and needs to much energy.

For those of you who want to easy manage sound-profiles I can suggest the App named "Audio Mode Switcher". It is easy to use and reques really low power.

The app allows you to define weekly recorring times, when to switch to a certain audio-profile - that is really easy like setting the alarm clock.

Furthermore ther is the possibility to synchronize with your calendar. You can define events per keyword (i.e. if the word "meeting" appears in the event-title) or/and per calendars. When the event starts the app switches to a set profile and when it ends it switches again.

Similar to Llama there is also a location-based profile. It does not work such as accurate as Llama, but consumes way less energy. However, it works fine if your defined locations are not near by (about 1 km).

To sum it up - who searches a good alternative to Llama I honestly recommend Audio Mode Switcher.

It is available on PlayStore:
    Bit of blatant self promotion ?!?!

ROM
    CyanogenMod 10.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by nickmax1 View Post
    I have the same event as you (when Maps is active enable GPS) but it doesnt fire.
    I think some Llama features only work with custom ROMs. I know I saw this warning somewhere but can't remember exactly. My screenshot might explain your concern (it's when you tap on the '?' icon next to what you want to add to an event)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?-screenshot2013_5_7_10.46.0.png  

That's an android issue. It doesn't allow third party apps to manage gps.

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2

olivier - I am running a custom rom (Omega 43.3)
    Secure Settings seems to have done the trick though.

ROM
    CyanogenMod 10.1.2

olivier - I am running a custom rom (Omega 43.3)
    Secure Settings seems to have done the trick though.
    Secure Settings is the solution for that...
    I guess it only works on CyanogenMod

secure setttings is pretty awesome.

thanks olivier

i have just got a car (ford smax) and it has an AUX input.
    Is there any way I can get llama to identify that as a condition when i put in a 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack from my phone to the car?

ROM
    CyanogenMod 10.1.2

i have just got a car (ford smax) and it has an AUX input.
    Is there any way I can get llama to identify that as a condition when i put in a 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack from my phone to the car?
    Try with the 'Headset Connected/Disconnected' condition

thanks olivier will try that later

anyone ever made us eof the 2g/3g action?

Looks like its Cryogen custom rom only - anyone had success on other roms?

Hey, first post on here and I joined up to ask this question ...

I have Llama on an HTC One V, which is rooted.

I would like to use Llama to trigger a reboot every night. Setting up the 'Event' is pretty easy, but it doesn't do anything - when the allotted time comes, nothing happens. I can test the action (using the "Test Actions" button) and it shows an on-screen message saying "Llama-INFO: REBOOTING!!!" but no reboot happens.

I have opened up SuperSU and can see that Llama has been granted SU permissions.

Why will Llama therefore not initiate a reboot?

Thanks, Oli.

thats odd
    i just created an event myself and tested and got the reboot message and it then rebooted just fine...

why not describe your event in detail, what does the event history tab tell you about your event?

also - out of idle curiosity, why on earth do you want to reboot your phone?

Nick,

Thanks. The event is called "Restart at Midnight" and has one condition (time between: 12.00am and 12.01am) and one action (reboot). The instructions say that the action should be triggered by the earliest time in the "Time Between", so should trigger at 12.00am (midnight).

What is the event history tab? If you are referring to the clock face button on the Llama 'home screen' then it says "<Date><Time> - Restart at midnight. Triggered by Event editor test condition". Am I looking in the wrong place?

I want to reboot the 'phone because it slows down with time (I know Android shouldn't but it does) and a reboot makes it crisp and responsive again. A reboot every night automatically would be one less thing to do manually.

Hope that helps. Let me know if I can get some more diagnostic information.

Oli.

hmm dont know what could be wrong.
    I recreated your event (condition being time between 14:06-14:07)
    and it rebooted no problem so I dont know what it could be....

You are sure that your reboot action setting is for reboot, as the default action is NOT to reboot.

Hmm. No, tried it again and still no joy.

Yes, the default setting is to do nothing (which strikes me as a bit odd). However I have definitely chosen the "Yes, I really want to reboot!" radiobutton.

(I've just tried it with the 'Do Nothing' option ticked and it ... >ahem< does nothing!)

Oli.

i know you have checked SuperSU, but i suggest deleting llama from SUperSU and trying again, allowing it to run and seeing if that changes things.
    Other than that I am stumped as to why yours doesnt work.

Nick,

Thanks. Good idea and I tried it, but no joy.

Anyone have any more suggestions? (Or even ways of getting better debugging information?)

Oli.

ROM
    CyanogenMod 10.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by zcacogp View Post
    Nick,

Anyone have any more suggestions? (Or even ways of getting better debugging information?)

Oli.
    Secure settings can do the trick. But this feature is only available if you upgrade it.

There is also another way you can do it, you would have to use commands, I'm not good with them but look up the internet to see if you can find reboot commands for android, Llama, Tasker or Secure settings. It should be universal

Let us know if you find anything good!

Quote Originally Posted by zcacogp View Post
    Nick,

Oli.
    Which version are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by kurokirasama View Post
    Which version are you using?

download the latest and greatest

intermediate llama video from xda.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast