Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

ROM
    non-rooted

Default Re: Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

I've just started testing out Llama too - but has anyone figured out if it can be used to silence the camera shutter sound? I tried assigning a "silent" ringtone but Llama didn't like that, I'm not sure if/how to do it within Llama.

I know there are other apps that can be used (different camera app, or Tasker, etc.) but I'd like to use one app for my location-based profiles and silencing the camera, if possible. Since Llama is free I'd like to use it if it can be done. Oh, and I'm non-rooted, using an EVO 4G LTE.
    Last edited by Hypnotoadd; 08-25-2012 at 08:47 PM.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    non-rooted

Never mind, I figured out a way I could do it in Llama, thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotoadd View Post
    Never mind, I figured out a way I could do it in Llama, thanks anyway
    What was your solution??? This thread is about sharing Llama actions, after all...

I have mine current set up as follows:
    For any area:
    • when leaving, turn off wi-fi and enable loud profile
    • When airplane mode is enabled, disable mobile data (probably not needed)
    • When Wi-Fi enabled, disable mobile data
    • When airplane mode disabled AND Wi-Fi not connected, enable mobile data

At home:
    • Enable wi-fi and set profile to normal
    • Between 22:30 and 07:30 when charging, set profile to calls only
    • Between 7:30 and 8:30 set profile to normal

At work (a little more complex, since I don't get signal):
    • At Work Mon. through Fri. between 8:00 and 17:00, set profile to quiet and enable Wi-Fi
    • When connected to <work wi-fi network>, enable airplane mode
    • When airplane mode is enabled at work, enable Wi-Fi
    • When Wi-Fi disconnects from <work Wi-Fi network>, delay one minute and disable airplane mode

Does anyone know how to control 4G (LTE) on a Verizon Galaxy Nexus? Whenever I tried using the 4G option in Llama, it always said "Llama-ERROR: Failed to toggle WiMax" and 4G was still enabled.
    Last edited by Crazycaveman; 08-27-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Hello everyone

I already solved it. i just put a variable here, another there and worked very well. kkkk

thx

"I would like some help about the following.
    I just installed Llama and im triyng to define a action that vibrate every 1 minuto when it have a notification from Whatspp.

Im doing this:

Event name: A message
    Event group: General
    Enabled: checked
    Repeat event: checked
    Repeat interval: 1 minute
    Conditions: App Notification Bar Icon (Whatsapp)
    Actions: Vibrate Pattern (500,500,500,500,500,500,500,500,500,500)

At android configurations > Acessibility > Llama is activated

And it doesnt work! Am i doing something wrong? Could someone help with this?

Thx a lot! "
    Last edited by LuizVid; 09-10-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

not sure man. Not good with the fancy stuff but it sounds like it would drain the Hell out your battery anyway..

Can someone tell me if it's possible to get this thing to not make sound when switching profiles? Using the area to change events And having to areas similar with different profiles it gets really aggravating switching from vibrate to loud back and forth... "buzzzzz, dunding. Buzzzzz, dunding ." Lol

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Hey all I read through the forum and saw a few good Actions that I wasn't using so I thought that I would share some that I didn't see on here.

Event Name:
    Low Battery.

Conditions:
    Battery Level below 20%

Actions:
    Toggle Bluetooth Off (if not connected)
    Toggle Wifi Off
    Change Screen Brightness to 30%
    Turn Haptic Feedback off
    Change Screen Timeout to 15 seconds
    Display Reminder "Low Battery, Charge Phone"

I also have another event set up for low battery:

Event Name:
    Extremely Low Battery

Advanced options:
    Require Confirmation Enabled
    Confirmation Dialog Enabled

Conditions
    Battery Level drops below 11%

Actions:
    Reminder "Battery at 10%"
    Toggle Mobile Data off

and the Inverse:

Event Name:
    Low Battery Charging

Conditions:
    Battery level rises above 25%
    Charging Status: Charging from USB or AC

Actions
    Haptic Feedback on
    Mobile Data On
    Play Sound "Good News"
    Change Screen Brightness to 80%
    Toggle Wifi on for at least 5 Minutes
    Change Screen Timeout to 1 Minute.

Hope someone finds these useful. I've had fun reading through what others have come up with.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Back to Stock TW

I have two Events that work well for me:

BT Helmet -- I have a BT headset for my motorcycle
    Conditions:
    • Bluetooth Device Connected
    • Sena SMH10

Actions:
    • Run Application: Google Play Music
    • Change music/media volume: 15/15

Headphones:
    Conditions:
    • Wired Headset
    • Wired Headset Connected

Actions:
    • Run Application: Google Play Music

I did this so that when I go to walk my dog all I need to do is plug in the headphones without turning on the phone and I know that Play music will be ready, then with a press on the in line remote I can start to listen to music. This solved a big issue I had when making the switch from the iPhone. The BT Helmet works just as well though sometimes I need to trigger the music twice before it plays but I think that's due to the BT connection.

Default Llama & NFC tags

Hi everyone,

New here and a new android user. Llama looks like an extremely useful app. However, the location by cell tower seems to limit options at a single location.

Home as an example: When at home - do this and do that is fine and doable; I don't go to bed at the same time every night, can I use a NFC tag in the nightstand dock to set the G3 to silent, dim, do this and/or that? Is there another way to accomplish this task?

Thanks,
    Ray

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 jelly bean

This seems like a great app to save time and battery but I live 5 min walking from my work so it's the same antenna. How is using gps to differentiate places? Does it really drain the battery?

hey there, if you go to the profiles tab and then hit menu, then settings, then notification mode, i believe you can turn it off in there. hope that helps.

---------- Post Merged at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    not sure man. Not good with the fancy stuff but it sounds like it would drain the Hell out your battery anyway..

Can someone tell me if it's possible to get this thing to not make sound when switching profiles? Using the area to change events And having to areas similar with different profiles it gets really aggravating switching from vibrate to loud back and forth... "buzzzzz, dunding. Buzzzzz, dunding ." Lol
    hey there, if you go to the profiles tab and then hit menu, then settings, then notification mode, i believe you can turn it off in there. hope that helps.

here are some of my settings:

Event: enter work - meeting
    Area: At work
    When:M-F AND between 7 and 4:28 AND when any calendar has any calendar events (must be not all day and not shown as available) [i have a seperate work calendar that llama checks]
    Action: change profile to silent [my silent profile changes my default ringtone and notifications to silent EXCEPT my noisy contacts (i.e. daughter's school)

Event: Get To work
    Area: Work
    When: M-F AND between 7 and 4:28
    Action: change profile to work [work profile: lowers the ringer/notification volume to 2 and changes the default ringtone to a "silent" ringtone that only people with extremely good hearing and dogs can hear]

Event: left work [llama knows i left work based on the location AND the time that i used in the "get to work" event
    Action: change profile to loud and enable bluetooth

Event: Normal at Home
    Where: at home OR mom's
    WHen: between 5:40am and 10 pm{when it's M-TH}
    action: change profile to normal, enable wifi and disable screen lock after an unlock

Event: Quiet at night
    where: at home OR mom's
    when: M,t,w,t or sunday
    action: change profile to Night and disable wifi [my night profile changes the notification ring tone to Silent and the ringer ringtone to something that won't make me jump up and want to slap someone lol]

these are just a few of my profiles/events. I have others if anyone would like them. HOWEVER, what I am interested in is if anyone has used the intents?? I am trying to get llama to basically override all the custom ringtones i have for my contacts while I am at work, making everyone just have the same (work appropriate) ringtone while i am at work, and then when i leave, let everyone have their custom ringtones again. I suspect I would need a third party app like Ringo Pro (which I do have) to do this, but I am not familiar enough with the coding part (i guess) to figure out how to get Llama to "suspend" the app from running. I think Whoisit? could have worked, but I don't think it is supported by the dev any longer and I still don't know how to use the android intents in Llama. (and i tried just "killing" it using llama but that didnt work).

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated, as the customization of ringtones is virtually a useless feature if i can't get them to change while i'm at work (they don't look kindly when booty shaking music is blaring over the walls lol).

Quote Originally Posted by aia8998 View Post
    here are some of my settings:

these are just a few of my profiles/events. I have others if anyone would like them. HOWEVER, what I am interested in is if anyone has used the intents?? I am trying to get llama to basically override all the custom ringtones i have for my contacts while I am at work, making everyone just have the same (work appropriate) ringtone while i am at work, and then when i leave, let everyone have their custom ringtones again. I suspect I would need a third party app like Ringo Pro (which I do have) to do this, but I am not familiar enough with the coding part (i guess) to figure out how to get Llama to "suspend" the app from running. I think Whoisit? could have worked, but I don't think it is supported by the dev any longer and I still don't know how to use the android intents in Llama. (and i tried just "killing" it using llama but that didnt work).

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated, as the customization of ringtones is virtually a useless feature if i can't get them to change while i'm at work (they don't look kindly when booty shaking music is blaring over the walls lol).
    Hey all,

I got a response from the Dev and it works! I can finally have whatever ringtone I want for my friends outside of work, and then have one professional ringtone for everyone while I am at work. THANKS, Steve!
    Edit your Normal profile, and choose LlamaTones, then create a LlamaTone for each of the contacts you have customised. Choose whichever ringtone you want for each contact as that LlamaTone.

Then go to the contacts/people app, and set the ringtone for each person to the appropriate LlamaTone (the contact picker should let you pick which ringtone-picker to choose, Llama provides a LlamaTone ringtone picker for this job)

Now your friend's ringtones will be controlled by Llama.

The next step is to modify each of the LlamaTones in your 'work' profile to set the LlamaTone for each contact to the boring, non-customised ringtone. Whenever you activate that profile, Llama will swap out the customised LlamaTones for the boring ones. When you switch back to normal, Llama will swap the boring one for the customised ones.

Finally, each of your other profiles will have to have the LlamaTones set up. Fortunately, you can copy the LlamaTones from Normal to your other profiles in the Profile -> LlamaTones screen.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Quote Originally Posted by aia8998 View Post
    Hey all,

I got a response from the Dev and it works! I can finally have whatever ringtone I want for my friends outside of work, and then have one professional ringtone for everyone while I am at work. THANKS, Steve!
    Edit your Normal profile, and choose LlamaTones, then create a LlamaTone for each of the contacts you have customised. Choose whichever ringtone you want for each contact as that LlamaTone.

Then go to the contacts/people app, and set the ringtone for each person to the appropriate LlamaTone (the contact picker should let you pick which ringtone-picker to choose, Llama provides a LlamaTone ringtone picker for this job)

Now your friend's ringtones will be controlled by Llama.

The next step is to modify each of the LlamaTones in your 'work' profile to set the LlamaTone for each contact to the boring, non-customised ringtone. Whenever you activate that profile, Llama will swap out the customised LlamaTones for the boring ones. When you switch back to normal, Llama will swap the boring one for the customised ones.

Finally, each of your other profiles will have to have the LlamaTones set up. Fortunately, you can copy the LlamaTones from Normal to your other profiles in the Profile -> LlamaTones screen.
    Pretty cool man. Llama just keeps getting better
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,011 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I am on the fence about llama or tasker.
    I tried llama for a day and decided to use NFC tags instead.
    However, I want to go back and use a scheduling app.

Can llama do this?
    I would like to have it silence my ringer, notifications, etc. at night UNLESS it's my wife that is calling or texting me, etc.
    I want immediate family to always override what my phone is set to in case of an emergency.
    Tasker does this.

Were you ever able to get that to work? I'd like to utilize the condition that if it's plugged in, the data stays on.

Hi:
    I've been using llama for a while now, and I would like to know if anyone knows how to create intents? I'm trying to let llama answer some of my calls.

Here are some events i'm using.

**Alarms:
    - At work between 8 and 8:30, speaks if i had anything to check out at internet or an important email to send.
    - I had setup my daily alarm with llama, every day of the week at 7 am if "I'm at home" (it happened before that the normal alarm it started when i were in a meeting xD). I put music voume to 1, then llama start playing some song i decided, then after a minute, volume of music changes to 5, an so on untill volumes reaches to 15. It is very good because to stop the alarm; you have to unluck the device, scroll down the notification bar and stop it, so you have to wake up xD.
    - Also, when I pass near the supermarket, llama tell me if i have to buy something.
    - When using battery.
    [ If it is M,T,W,T,F,
    At work, (When battery goes bellow 30% between 9 and 11AM or 14 and 15:30) OR (bellow 50% between 11 Am y 12:15 or 15:30 and 17:15)]
    OR
    [At home
    when battery is under 12%
    (if M,T,W,T,F and between 8:30 and 0:00) OR (if it is Saturday or Sunday, between 11 AM and 2 AM)]
    Llama tell my : "Low battery level, connect please" (and some random vibration).

** App control:
    - When current app is adobe readear, when the screen rotates 90 or 270, put screen time out to 5 minutes and queued event all to norlam when app it is closed.
    - At work when connected to work wifi, start firefox (since i have to login in the explorer to use the wifi)
    - I use the app smart stay , and i close in the night for saving battery, so llama automatically start it in the morning when i first unlock my phone.

**Bluetooth earphone
    - When the device is connected, start music app and send play/pause command.
    - When the device is desconnected, turn bluetooh off.

**System control
    - When battery bellow 15%, out of home and work, turn BT of if not connected, screen timeout to 15s, GPS off, bright to 20%, and queued event "Come Back"
    -ComeBack: when in home or work, when charging or battery above 5%, bright to auto and screen timeout to 30s
    - At home between 7:30 and 8:10, turn on the bluetooh for at least 30 min.
    - When call state is in a call, queued event "End Call"
    - End Call: When not in a call; intent android: Star home screen.

i hope this help you

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Thinking about it. Might be easier to just post screen shots of our settings from here on out. Lol. Just a thought
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,011 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I tried doing screen shot but I would need to post four images for one profile.
    This app do much easier to use without directions as opposed to Tasker, but I don't like the delay to run tasks in llama.
    Plus developer from Tasker responds to support while I hadn't heard a peep from llama

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    I am on the fence about llama or tasker.
    I tried llama for a day and decided to use NFC tags instead.
    However, I want to go back and use a scheduling app.

Can llama do this?
    I would like to have it silence my ringer, notifications, etc. at night UNLESS it's my wife that is calling or texting me, etc.
    I want immediate family to always override what my phone is set to in case of an emergency.
    Tasker does this.
    i think you can do that in llama.

edit one of your profiles, at the bottom you'll see "noisy contacts", from there you can set your contacts whom you'd like to override the silent or quiet ringer volume

im not sure if that works, but if its there in the options, well i think it will work.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,011 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I will try it. Lack of response from the developer has me leaning towards tasker. I wish you could create profiles that are not location based.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

I will try it. Lack of response from the developer has me leaning towards tasker. I wish you could create profiles that are not location based.

sorry. I had never seen your question. Yes llama can override profiles for contacts. You choose the noisy contacts. Works well. And what do you mean by non location profiles. I believe you can although I'm not sure I understand you
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,011 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Problem I am having is that using location it is taking 1/4 to a half a mile for the profiles to kick in.

I would love to a profile when home Wi-Fi is not detected. As it stands it is when Wi-Fi is not detected and I am out of my home area.

I think you can do that by using WiFi polling in the advanced configuration, altough it will obviusly drain your battery faster if you search in short periods of time.

Yes you can....most of mine are not location based at all.

eg to play a sound when charging goes above/below a level does not require any use of cell locations

OOPS I meant events.... will check re profiles
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,011 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

How?
    For instance I want my bt on and launch car app ultra when not connected to home wifi. Same when leaving work.

When you set up profiles don't you have to do location?

If you can help with this then I definitely won't go with tasker

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast