Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 21222324
Like Tree24Likes

Default Re: Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

I want to create a rule like this: if Volume=0 then change profile to Silent. I have looked into every setting of the app, but I can't seem to figure this out. I think I need to work with variables here. Can anyone help?

ROM
    CyanogenMod 10.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Brogleo View Post
    Hi everyone, I am new to Llama and so far it is terrific! That being said I want to set up an action in my Left work event that after 530pm it does an action that sends my wife a text saying "I left work". I figured it would be something like run application, but I have no idea how to pass a string of text saying "I left work". Does anybody have this set up?
    Download a SMS locale plugin app

Conditions ex. : between 5:30 and 6, when work wifi has disconnected
    Actions : locale plugin sms app with text I left work

Hopefully someone can help me with this.. I would like to have it so that when my phone is linked to my car's bluetooth, llama will just read any texts/notifications that I get while driving.. For that matter, if there are any cool driving gestures (proximity sensor, etc) that Llama can do, I'd love to hear about them.. I know Tasker can do this stuff, but it is just a weeeee bit too complicated for me.

I've been using Llama for a few years now (and LOVE it) and have occasionally used Tasker, but I've run into a problem that I can't seem to solve on Llama and I'm worried I might need Tasker to solve it. Anyone have suggestions about how to accomplish the issue below with Llama?

I want my phone to be set to silent with no noises (media, notifications,etc.) or vibrations between 22:30 and 7:00 each day. Easy enough. However, I do want specific contacts (wife, parents, etc) to ring through and I also want my weather radio app to ring through. I can accomplish the "noisy contacts" with Llama, but can't figure out how to exclude my weather radio app from being put to silent overnight with everything else.

Any suggestions?

ROM
    CyanogenMod 10.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyawilliams View Post
    I've been using Llama for a few years now (and LOVE it) and have occasionally used Tasker, but I've run into a problem that I can't seem to solve on Llama and I'm worried I might need Tasker to solve it. Anyone have suggestions about how to accomplish the issue below with Llama?

I want my phone to be set to silent with no noises (media, notifications,etc.) or vibrations between 22:30 and 7:00 each day. Easy enough. However, I do want specific contacts (wife, parents, etc) to ring through and I also want my weather radio app to ring through. I can accomplish the "noisy contacts" with Llama, but can't figure out how to exclude my weather radio app from being put to silent overnight with everything else.

Any suggestions?
    If it requires the apps to launch you could create an event with these apps in foreground condition and llama variable (when silent variable has a value of ON) and have llama switch notification volume on and as soon as the apps close, notification volume off.
    Thanked by:

Hello - was wondering if I could get some assistance from the gurus with an event.

I'm trying to create a "Screen Rotation" event for media applications. I can successfully trigger it to turn on when it is active and in the foreground and have a queued event to disable it when it is no longer active or in the background. However, I can only do this for one application at a time. I'm trying to consolidate multiple applications into the same event using the "OR" condition, but it won't work. Hoping that there is some way to do what's needed without having to create a screen rotation event for every app. If somebody could post a list of required commands, that would be excellent. Thanks!

Global Posts
    5,493 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by urthling View Post
    Hello - was wondering if I could get some assistance from the gurus with an event.

I'm trying to create a "Screen Rotation" event for media applications. I can successfully trigger it to turn on when it is active and in the foreground and have a queued event to disable it when it is no longer active or in the background. However, I can only do this for one application at a time. I'm trying to consolidate multiple applications into the same event using the "OR" condition, but it won't work. Hoping that there is some way to do what's needed without having to create a screen rotation event for every app. If somebody could post a list of required commands, that would be excellent. Thanks!
    I think your OR syntax is incorrect. The condition needs to be OR, within which you need to specify each app. Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I'll put up a screenshot or two.
    SGH-T999v running stock 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    I think your OR syntax is incorrect. The condition needs to be OR, within which you need to specify each app. Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I'll put up a screenshot or two.
    Ah... that was it! I mistakenly added an application condition and then added the "OR" condition. Adding the OR as the sole condition and all the apps within solved the problem. Thanks for the quick reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier D View Post
    If it requires the apps to launch you could create an event with these apps in foreground condition and llama variable (when silent variable has a value of ON) and have llama switch notification volume on and as soon as the apps close, notification volume off.

I figured it out with Tasker. If it was beween 22:30 and 7:00 and a notification popped up with "*watch*' "*warning*" or "*alert*", I ran this:

Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?-screenshot_2014-04-08-13-21-28.png

Question Re: Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier D View Post
    Download a SMS locale plugin app

Conditions ex. : between 5:30 and 6, when work wifi has disconnected
    Actions : locale plugin sms app with text I left work
    I downloaded the plug in for llama. I was wondering if this is possible: Set up so that when activated (say I go into the city with some friends and decide on the bus ride in to manually activate which is fine/easy enough to remember to do) after a certain allotted time or specific time since I have to at least leave by the last available train/bus back (which I know how to set time stuff) it begins to send a Text Message to a specific contact every 10 minutes that *includes a Gmaps link of my current location* until I reach my home area. The contact has an iPhone while I just got the new GS5 so I figured a Gmap link would work between both phones easily.

Edit: I know I could probably just give them my login to the "AndroidLost" account I have and they can see me on a map but I really don't want to give them that full power capabilities that it provides to do remotely to a phone in case they accidentally click erroneously around.
    Last edited by Joseph P Cirrilla; 04-18-2014 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Added additional clarification
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #586  

Global Posts
    1,915 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph P Cirrilla View Post
    I downloaded the plug in for llama. I was wondering if this is possible: Set up so that when activated (say I go into the city with some friends and decide on the bus ride in to manually activate which is fine/easy enough to remember to do) after a certain allotted time or specific time since I have to at least leave by the last available train/bus back (which I know how to set time stuff) it begins to send a Text Message to a specific contact every 10 minutes that *includes a Gmaps link of my current location* until I reach my home area. The contact has an iPhone while I just got the new GS5 so I figured a Gmap link would work between both phones easily.
    Not a llama solution, but check out application Waze. It's free GPS application and had option that you can share your drive or bus ride with friends. They can then track your location and arrival time via link that Waze will send to them.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Bob61 View Post
    Not a llama solution, but check out application Waze. It's free GPS application and had option that you can share your drive or bus ride with friends. They can then track your location and arrival time via link that Waze will send to them.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info - I thought having the "experimental GPS" feature turned on llama would have allowed it somehow.
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 21222324