Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi:
I've been using llama for a while now, and I would like to know if anyone knows how to create intents? I'm trying to let llama answer some of my calls.

Here are some events i'm using.

**Alarms:
- At work between 8 and 8:30, speaks if i had anything to check out at internet or an important email to send.
- I had setup my daily alarm with llama, every day of the week at 7 am if "I'm at home" (it happened before that the normal alarm it started when i were in a meeting xD). I put music voume to 1, then llama start playing some song i decided, then after a minute, volume of music changes to 5, an so on untill volumes reaches to 15. It is very good because to stop the alarm; you have to unluck the device, scroll down the notification bar and stop it, so you have to wake up xD.
- Also, when I pass near the supermarket, llama tell me if i have to buy something.
- When using battery.
[ If it is M,T,W,T,F,
At work, (When battery goes bellow 30% between 9 and 11AM or 14 and 15:30) OR (bellow 50% between 11 Am y 12:15 or 15:30 and 17:15)]
OR
[At home
when battery is under 12%
(if M,T,W,T,F and between 8:30 and 0:00) OR (if it is Saturday or Sunday, between 11 AM and 2 AM)]
Llama tell my : "Low battery level, connect please" (and some random vibration).

** App control:
- When current app is adobe readear, when the screen rotates 90 or 270, put screen time out to 5 minutes and queued event all to norlam when app it is closed.
- At work when connected to work wifi, start firefox (since i have to login in the explorer to use the wifi)
- I use the app smart stay , and i close in the night for saving battery, so llama automatically start it in the morning when i first unlock my phone.

**Bluetooth earphone
- When the device is connected, start music app and send play/pause command.
- When the device is desconnected, turn bluetooh off.

**System control
- When battery bellow 15%, out of home and work, turn BT of if not connected, screen timeout to 15s, GPS off, bright to 20%, and queued event "Come Back"
-ComeBack: when in home or work, when charging or battery above 5%, bright to auto and screen timeout to 30s
- At home between 7:30 and 8:10, turn on the bluetooh for at least 30 min.
- When call state is in a call, queued event "End Call"
- End Call: When not in a call; intent android: Star home screen.

i hope this help you

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I tried doing screen shot but I would need to post four images for one profile.
This app do much easier to use without directions as opposed to Tasker, but I don't like the delay to run tasks in llama.
Plus developer from Tasker responds to support while I hadn't heard a peep from llama

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

drianski1993

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I am on the fence about llama or tasker.
I tried llama for a day and decided to use NFC tags instead.
However, I want to go back and use a scheduling app.

Can llama do this?
I would like to have it silence my ringer, notifications, etc. at night UNLESS it's my wife that is calling or texting me, etc.
I want immediate family to always override what my phone is set to in case of an emergency.
Tasker does this.

i think you can do that in llama.

edit one of your profiles, at the bottom you'll see "noisy contacts", from there you can set your contacts whom you'd like to override the silent or quiet ringer volume

im not sure if that works, but if its there in the options, well i think it will work.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I will try it. Lack of response from the developer has me leaning towards tasker. I wish you could create profiles that are not location based.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I will try it. Lack of response from the developer has me leaning towards tasker. I wish you could create profiles that are not location based.

sorry. I had never seen your question. Yes llama can override profiles for contacts. You choose the noisy contacts. Works well. And what do you mean by non location profiles. I believe you can although I'm not sure I understand you

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Problem I am having is that using location it is taking 1/4 to a half a mile for the profiles to kick in.

I would love to a profile when home Wi-Fi is not detected. As it stands it is when Wi-Fi is not detected and I am out of my home area.

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I think you can do that by using WiFi polling in the advanced configuration, altough it will obviusly drain your battery faster if you search in short periods of time.

jay clock

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

Yes you can....most of mine are not location based at all.

eg to play a sound when charging goes above/below a level does not require any use of cell locations

OOPS I meant events.... will check re profiles

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
How?
For instance I want my bt on and launch car app ultra when not connected to home wifi. Same when leaving work.

When you set up profiles don't you have to do location?

If you can help with this then I definitely won't go with tasker

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
How?
For instance I want my bt on and launch car app ultra when not connected to home wifi. Same when leaving work.

When you set up profiles don't you have to do location?

If you can help with this then I definitely won't go with tasker

For example, this could work:

Condition:
OR (Not conected to home wifi , not conected to work wifi) (so you don't necesarily have to put a location condition)

Action:
Bluetooth on
Start your app

But this will work as you want only if you are always connected to wifi when you are at home and at work.

BR

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have this problem?

When the condition of a queued event are already true, the event doesn't trigger. If so, how do you solved it? I do it by delaying it, but i don't like it because the minimum delay is one minute.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
For example, this could work:

Condition:
OR (Not conected to home wifi , not conected to work wifi) (so you don't necesarily have to put a location condition)

Action:
Bluetooth on
Start your app

But this will work as you want only if you are always connected to wifi when you are at home and at work.

BR

I have a condition in there for Wi-Fi but it won't let me Deselect location it says if condition (matches all)

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a condition in there for Wi-Fi but it won't let me Deselect location it says if condition (matches all)

Hi:

I don't understand your problem.

Here are the screenshots of the event, sadly it is half spanish:
The event:
Screenshot_2012-10-25-12-02-58.png
The OR condition:
Screenshot_2012-10-25-12-03-13.png
I put two random wifi networs.

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
yes, just the event.
Profiles are for managing system sound, ringtones, notifications sound, vibration, etc.
And with an event you change the profiles you created usually accordint to locatiion, but not necessarily.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
See that is my problem I guess.
I have a profile called work.
Then that triggers the event which has wifi on/off, BT, launch an app, etc.

I will post shots soon....
Thanks for the help.

Pitxitxita

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Leaving the house,gym or work, turn off WiFi, turn on Bluetooth for 1 minute to see if I'm in my car, if I am it connects, if I'm in a different vehicle, turns off. If I am connected to my car, Blue will turn off no matter where I am when I shut off my car.
How exactly do you set this up? (ELI5)

Pitxitxita

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Llamas wanted

There are a couple of things I want, but have not been able to figure out how to ask Llama to do it. I am hoping someone here can help.

Not allow phone call from {contact} if I am at {location}
A related one - always allow call from {contact} if anywhere except {location}

There should be a wiki of just the recipes somewhere.

anon(995809)

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I am just trying to figure out how to terminate the action when the condition is no longer met (for some reason screen rotation remains turned on).

I was having the same issue. Solved it by checking the "Allow retrigger" on the "OR" condition that turned screen rotation off. Not sure why - Llama possibly saw that one of the conditions was met and didn't finish the entire statement, so it never reached the action that turned the screen rotation off. But after a few restarts it seems to working just fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance