[APP] SwitchMe - MULTIPLE USER SPACES

ftgg99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
SwitchMe - share your device!

SwitchMe is a unique application for root users that allows you to log in and out of multiple installations of Android just as you would on a desktop computer.

SwitchMe is a unique application for root users that allows you to log in and out of multiple user spaces just as you would on a desktop computer, with each profile having its own separate system settings, apps and data.

Some of the benefits of this technology:

Privacy
Securely share one device among many users, protect your accounts with passwords and log out automatically.

Kids
Create a profile for the kids, with only the apps and access you feel comfortable with.

Gaming
Overclock your profile for maximum performance in intensive games

Speed
Imagine a buttery smooth profile, with no kids games, messengers or bloatware to slow things down.

Testing
Create a sandbox profile to easily test applications and themes - no more nandroid nightmares!

Battery
Switch to a profile which only contains the essentials to save power through brute force.

Critical usage warning:

Incorrect use of this application can potentially harm your device. Before proceeding with use we strongly recommend that you perform a full nandroid backup through the device recovery.

READ THE HELP FILE CAREFULLY TO AVOID ISSUES

Without the Key, this application allows a maximum of 2 profiles and no security features.

Only the standard Android implementation of Apps2SD is currently supported. Use all others at your own risk.

Most devices should be compatible as long as they have enough free internal memory to create secondary profiles. The application will warn users if available memory is low.
These of course are only suggestions - there are plenty of other uses for the functionality SwitchMe offers.

Market link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.switchme

The free version allows the creation of two profiles and has no security features.

Screens:

Last edited:

ftgg99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [App] SwitchMe - Securely Boot Into Multiple Installations of

Come on guys, this app is seriously awesome! It was a top app at engadget last week - over 30,000 downloads on the first day, which is pretty good for a root app.

But here - only 130 views and no comments? What are you all, dead?

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Don't expect much traffic from this forum.

BTW, how long does it take to switch profiles?

Currently I switch specific app profile using Titanium Backup (for development).

ftgg99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

SwitchMe 1.2 has been rolled out and now includes a lockscreen replacement:

Added lock screen for logging in and out
More stable Fast switch implementation
Reworked UI colors

Now, its very important that we get some feedback on how this big new feature works, so please read up on it in the help and post your thoughts!

ftgg99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't see how setcpu is anything to do with this app. In each profile you could have different setcpu settings.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

ImHampe

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, on my rooted Galaxy S3 it doesn't switch profile. I let it load for around 20 min and it still didn't switch profile. Why is that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084