How to stop unwanted push notifications

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I've been getting them for these stupid dating apps and some of them are risque enough that I don't want me kids (7 & 9) seeing them. I don't have any of these installed.

(1) Is there an app that blocks these things? (ideal solution)

(2) The particular push notification I'm getting now is for Badoo - any way to stop these things without clicking on them?

Thanks

Reactions: mmwm

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
you probably have an app installed that's pushing them.

I used to have an MP3 Downloader and an update started doing that as well. I ended up uninstalling the app. What have you installed recently?

Reactions: Frannieannie

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I know there's an app that's doing it, but I don't want to have to sort through my apps and perhaps eliminate one that I and/or my kids enjoy or use. I'll try the "Air" apps and see what works.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I wound up using the Lookout Ad Network Detector app and have had zero problems. I don't know if it helps that I'm using Lookout in general for virus protection etc, but have had no problems with any unwanted push notifications since installing it. I did end up removing one or two apps (can't remember which ones right now) but even ones that it says are problematic haven't been. Definitely recommended.

Reactions: Frannieannie

Frannieannie

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Huge thanks to PossumPete and o2bnclemson. I downloaded your suggested apps and have now detected all of my apps that were creating push notifications. Agree that some of them were very risque and glad to be rid of them.
thanks again :)

BiffMate

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
:D thank you o2bnclemson for starting this thread ... it was just the right question that I also needed to ask.

:D also thanks to PossumPete for some solutions and also thanks to frannieannie for letting us know that these blocking apps work.

I will be applying these to my son's phone tonight!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692