Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By EvilMonkey
  • 1 Post By o2bnclemson
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to stop unwanted push notifications

I've been getting them for these stupid dating apps and some of them are risque enough that I don't want me kids (7 & 9) seeing them. I don't have any of these installed.

(1) Is there an app that blocks these things? (ideal solution)

(2) The particular push notification I'm getting now is for Badoo - any way to stop these things without clicking on them?

Thanks
    Palm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4
    Thanked by:
    mmwm 

Default Re: How to stop unwanted push notifications

you probably have an app installed that's pushing them.

I used to have an MP3 Downloader and an update started doing that as well. I ended up uninstalling the app. What have you installed recently?
    Thanked by:
    Frannieannie likes this.

Try Airblocker or AirPush Detector. One works with a root and the other doesn't. It worked once for me.
    Possum Pete

I'm Not Dead!
    Galaxy Note 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I know there's an app that's doing it, but I don't want to have to sort through my apps and perhaps eliminate one that I and/or my kids enjoy or use. I'll try the "Air" apps and see what works.
    Palm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I wound up using the Lookout Ad Network Detector app and have had zero problems. I don't know if it helps that I'm using Lookout in general for virus protection etc, but have had no problems with any unwanted push notifications since installing it. I did end up removing one or two apps (can't remember which ones right now) but even ones that it says are problematic haven't been. Definitely recommended.
    Thanked by:
    Frannieannie likes this.

Huge thanks to PossumPete and o2bnclemson. I downloaded your suggested apps and have now detected all of my apps that were creating push notifications. Agree that some of them were very risque and glad to be rid of them.
    thanks again

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/Franco

I can't wait to try these out! I use Instagram a lot, and the push notifications are extremely annoying.
    IG= @andrewshah_ru