(TUTORIAL) Get Chrome working on non-Nexus ICS builds.
This is a pretty simple process that shouldn't be dangerous, but there is always the possibility of something getting borked. As always, MAKE A BACKUP!!!
This will only work on ICS as far as I know. I've specifically heard about and tested it on CM9 on my Captivate.
1. Acquire a root file explorer with a text editor, such as . These directions will use Root Explorer, so other file explorers might differ.
2. Open it, grant it Superuser when you are asked.
3. Scroll down to the /system partition. Open it, and hit Mount R/W.
4. Inside you should see a build.prop file. Long press, select copy. Navigate out using the parent folder option, and then to the sdcard. Paste there.
5. Go back to the build.prop, long press and select Open in Text Editor.
6. One of the lines close to the top should read this:
If its different, don't worry. That's not important. Change this line to:
8. Reboot, and update Chrome. Chrome (and the market) will now think you're device is a Nexus S running ICS.
If you encounter any problems, simply change the build.prop back to what it was before (remember that backup?), and it should be back to normal.