1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [App][Free] Send it later - a sms scheduler

Hi everyone,

This is my latest Application: “Send it later” – a sms scheduler.

Let imagine: you surf internet too late into the night, and want to take a day off – but it’s LATE, remember ? So you cannot send a message to your boss now, but you can schedule a sms in the morning. Or, you always forget your mother-in-law birthday: well, you know what to do !

QR Codes:

Phone link

To be hosnest, there is already a very good app out there: "SMS scheduler" in android market - it is simple, and just work - the only problem is: the UI is not so nice - so I just take the idea and polish the UI, e.g: Feature swipe-to-delete is added to this app.

-----------------------------
    Scheduled messages:

------------------------------
    Create a message

-------------------------
    Sent messages:

If you have any problem with layout, crash OR want it in your language, please let me know at:

Thank you,
    Pham Hung Son

Default Re: [App][Free] Send it later - a sms scheduler

Very nice app, but unless I'm missing something, it doesn't seem to use the phonebook? I have to type in the full number for each message
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Bug report:
    For the first time u use the app, it takes some time to load all contacts (2-5s depends on how many contacts u have) - upon 2nd times, all contacts are cached, and they are loaded much faster (almost immediately). So, if you type ...too fast on the first time, u won't got the auto complete feature. Version 1.01 will be released next week. Thank you !
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Bug report:
    The auto complete feature doesn't work with some special characters (e.g: u" , o" in German/ ơ,â in Vietnamese .... ) , it will be fixed in next version !
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Update 1.13 (8,Mar. 2012):
    - Fixed crash bug when "empty" contact is added.
    - Fixed some problems with auto-complete contacts (Previous version has problem with users, who are using soft keyboard with word suggestion feature - e.g: swift x keyboard ).
    - Fixed some animation problems
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Up ! Have a nice weekends !

for some reason texts are sent fine but show up as failed in the app. i'm testing this by sending texts to myself on a verizon galaxy nexus.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

@peter: hi, thank you for the feedback. What you reported is a major bug, but it happens especially often with Verizon. I don't know why, but one user has sent me the same feedback. He also said that all sms scheduler has the same problems with Verizon.

I guessed the error occurs because of the sms delivery report of Verizon takes too long to come back to the sender phone. My app waits for the delivery report for 30 seconds, if no delivery report comes back, the app will take it as failed.

But it's a BUG of my app - not Verizon, I figure out a solution for this bug but still got no time to fix it. But it will definitely be fixed !

Thank you again - any feedback of the user helps & encourages us a lot,
    Pham Hung Son
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Bug report:
    When multiple messages are to sent at the same time (exactly at the same time) - the later one may not be delivered. The fix will come next week. Thank you !
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Hi everyone,

In the last 2 months I got a lot of feedback, and finally have some time to update app. The followings are the feature which are added & being tested for the next version:
    - Optimize layout for small screen - 320x240 (Galaxy Y, Mini ....)
    - Hide the softkeyboard while using on the auto-contact-selector
    - Bug fixed: now the app can send message to short/special numbers , like: 191,161....
    - Polish the UI: added some animations, make nicer buttons ....

This version is expected to be delivered next week, so if you have any recommendation/feedback - please let me know, so I may add it to this app.

Thank you in advance,
    Pham Hung Son
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Update version 1.9 - date: Apr.21, 2012
    This version is much better for devices with small screen (e.g: Galaxy Mini)
    - Optimize layout for small screen (320x240)
    - Bug fixed: couldn't send to special number (e.g: 911,1800190 .... )
    - Improvement: faster contacts suggest time on device with single core processor
    - Polish the UI: better animation, more beautiful buttons ...
    - Some small improvement
    -----------------------------------------
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Hi everyone,
    I've seen this app in various market place - but please do install it from google android market (new name: google play) - for your safety, please dont copy .apk or install it from another market - because my app is open source, so anyone can download and edit it (e.g: insert some adware in to the codes) then republish it.

Thank you,
    Pham Hung Son
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Version 1.98 - date 06.06.2012:
    Bug fixed: Message is actually sent, but displayed as "Sent failed"

Thank you for your feedbacks,
    Pham Hung Son

This is good if you have many girlfriends
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Version 1.99 is up
    - Add support for French
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Tks you guys for some good feedbacks,
    At the end of this month I will have some spared time, I may update the app. So if there is anything you want to improve on this software, please let me know .

Thank you in advance,
    Son
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Updated: Polish version
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I tried to find an uninstaller without advertising - but it was so hard. So I just write a new one:

- No advertising, no permission nothing
    - Support batch uninstall
    - Support auto-complete search

This is the link at

Tks everyone,
    Son

Hi, thanks for creating this app. I really like how it looks and its usability.

Would it be possible for you to add these features?

- ability to group messages according to recipient. ie. i want to send Tom 10 smses scheduled at different times of the year. if i were to scroll through all the pending messages it would be tough, could there be a search option to search via recipient name so that all the messages going to that recipient show up?

- ability to backup and restore from notepad- in the event i wanna do a backup and store it in my com i can do it, or edit smses i want to send from notepad?

thank you very much for the app and your help.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Updated (Mar.10 2013)
    - Spanish version
    - Fixed minor bugs

@DW JX: thank you for the suggestion:
    >>> ability to group messages according to recipient. ie. i want to send Tom 10 smses scheduled at different times of the year. if i were to scroll through all the pending messages it would be tough, could there be a search option to search via recipient name so that all the messages going to that recipient show up?
    I will consider it, it's just great to have that feature - may be I will implement it as following: there will be a filter on the topbar, when you type the name in, the auto-complete will activate, and just show only messages that match what you type. Is that ok for you ?

>>> ability to backup and restore from notepad- in the event i wanna do a backup and store it in my com i can do it, or edit smses i want to send from notepad?
    Yes ! I am googling as I am typing how to do that

Thank you again for the suggestions,
    Pham Hung Son