1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

Question Gmail App No longer Syncing Emails

I am sure I am not the only one having this problem but maybe I am the only one that hasn't figured out how to fix it. Thursday my gmail app on my phone stop notifying/syncing emails. No notification whatsoever, and when I just happened to check on my computer I realized I had missed about 30 emails. Sometimes I can manual sync and it will pull the emails up but I still have to delete emails twice since its not syncing. If anyone has a procedure I can do to fix this, I would be greatly appreciative. I have already tried reboot and clear data processes and its still not working. I must say the whole situation has become highly frustrating.
    Thanks

Default Re: Gmail App No longer Syncing Emails

do a hard reset back to factory fresh state. then do a manual resync and reinstall of everything (don't use a back up app to restore).

i had the same problem (lost push Gmail) after the last major OS update and this fixed it for me.

good luck.

Settings> Accounts & Sync> Click on Gmail account and make sure the "Sync Gmail" box is check

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
    Settings> Accounts & Sync> Click on Gmail account and make sure the "Sync Gmail" box is check

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    There isn't a "Accounts and Sync" option on the Atrix. If I go into "accounts" and go into google gmail, there isn't anywhere to check/uncheck sync. I can just see when the last sync was or I can manually sync

Do what he said...
    Do a hard reset back to factory fresh state. Then do a manual resync and reinstall of everything (don't use a back up app to restore).

I had the same problem (lost push Gmail) after the last major OS update and this fixed it for me. Good luck.
    [Edited by Rush Lindsay]

Check out an application called "Synker" on the market... it may help you out.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rush Lindsay View Post
    Do what he said...

[Edited by Rush Lindsay]
    Tried this last night and still no dice
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by expalpo View Post
    Check out an application called "Synker" on the market... it may help you out.
    The Synker app appears to be working. Well it's between Synker and another app I downloaded called sync settings. One of them or the combination has be running again. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by teddyp6 View Post
    The Synker app appears to be working. Well it's between Synker and another app I downloaded called sync settings. One of them or the combination has be running again. Lol
    The sync settings app and the link in the main Synker app for “Accounts & Sync Settings” basically take you to the same place, the core Android Accounts & Sync Settings “page”. Synker will also allow you to create a widget or Tasker/Locale profile to force sync specific accounts on demand.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

I noticed that. I took it off push notifications and have it autosyncing every 20. While I am still not getting emails instantly, at least I don't have to keep manually syncing.