1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thoughts on Dolphin Browser HD in the Android Market...

For those who have EVO 4Gs, has anyone tried this browser out? What are your thoughts?

I'm using it now and I love it.

I have the paid version.

Only thing I hate about it is you can't turn off flash like in the default browser.
    Thanked by:

I tried it but it really bugged me because everytime I tried to access the internet it would ask me whether I wanted to perform that action with "Internet" or "DolphinHD". No I didn't make Dolphin my main browser because I didn't want to. Yes I checked the box that said always perform this action, it still asked me anyway.

Also try Skyfire and xScope.

I use dolphin us as my main and I'm indifferent about it. I like it for its tabling and flash but hate how takes over everything and some other stuff

tried HD first. didn't like it. then tried non HD. i much prefer the non HD.

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by androidvirgin View Post
    tried HD first. didn't like it. then tried non HD. i much prefer the non HD.
    What's the difference? I just loaded HD and so far I'm digging it much better than the stock browser.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts

I use dolphin and prefer it over the stock browser.
    Android Lover

ROM
    Stock

I've been mostly using the stock browser but have tried the skyfire browser as well. I find the stock browser to more than adequate for my purposes but the skyfire browser is nice as well. So I suppose its more of just a personal preference .

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts

Default Re: Thoughts on Dolphin Browser HD in the Android Market...

I tried dolphin and skyfire. I don't see a ton of difference in how pages are rendered so I've been using the stock browser. It's not quite as nice as the iPhone or pre browsers but it does the job.

Nobody has found a browser that handles double taps like safari and pre browsers do have they? That's about the only thing I'm missing

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Stock browser is good enough for me

I love it. It's so much better than the stock keyboard.

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

One thing that smokes the stock browser is the ability to rearrange the bookmarks, though dragging across a long list is a drag since it doesn't autoscroll. It's still better than no ability at all like the stock doesn't offer.

I also think the gestures have potential. It's nice to be able to jump to the top or bottom immediately. Still getting the hang of the other gestures. Tabs are cool, too.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 &Cyanogen 7.2
    My Toys
    Google Nexus 10 JB 4.3
    Galaxy S4 JB 4.2
    Galaxy SII ICS 4.0.3
    Moto Droid Cyanogen 7.2
    Wife's Stuff
    Galaxy Note II JB 4.2
    Galaxy S II ICS 4.0.3
    Galaxy Tab II 10.1 JB 4.1.2

How well does Dolphin handle flash? I've heard that it no longer handles flash video very well.

Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    I tried dolphin and skyfire. I don't see a ton of difference in how pages are rendered so I've been using the stock browser. It's not quite as nice as the iPhone or pre browsers but it does the job.

Nobody has found a browser that handles double taps like safari and pre browsers do have they? That's about the only thing I'm missing

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Are you sure you tried Dolphin HD? It does double tap! Or am I confused on what you want? You double tap the screen on a column of text and it resizes and formats that column to fit the screen right?

I think DolphinHD is as good as the iphones safari (I have an iPod touch) or the Pre's browsers. They are all basied on webkit so are more or less the same but DolphinHD offers tabs and can play (some for now) flash and supports plugins like backup bookmarks to SD.
    Last edited by Paladin; 06-08-2010 at 11:25 AM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, drummer by desire and music lover by birth.
    A self proclaimed geek and gadget nut. ii <--Drum sticks

I love what I've seen from using Dolphin HD so far.

Now is stoke browser. I heard dolphin from my friends and i am going to try Mini not HD. It is said Mini is faster and more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    For those who have EVO 4Gs, has anyone tried this browser out? What are your thoughts?
    yeah, that's my phone, you know what, i have three dolphin browsers in my phone . they are fantastic , much better than stock browser. damn perfect.

Default Re: Thoughts on Dolphin Browser HD in the Android Market...

It works on my Asus Transformer as well.
    Now i am using the pad version.
    just feel it in the way!