Thoughts on Dolphin Browser HD in the Android Market...

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I tried it but it really bugged me because everytime I tried to access the internet it would ask me whether I wanted to perform that action with "Internet" or "DolphinHD". No I didn't make Dolphin my main browser because I didn't want to. Yes I checked the box that said always perform this action, it still asked me anyway.

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I use dolphin us as my main and I'm indifferent about it. I like it for its tabling and flash but hate how takes over everything and some other stuff

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been mostly using the stock browser but have tried the skyfire browser as well. I find the stock browser to more than adequate for my purposes but the skyfire browser is nice as well. So I suppose its more of just a personal preference .

phwelo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried dolphin and skyfire. I don't see a ton of difference in how pages are rendered so I've been using the stock browser. It's not quite as nice as the iPhone or pre browsers but it does the job.

Nobody has found a browser that handles double taps like safari and pre browsers do have they? That's about the only thing I'm missing

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
One thing that smokes the stock browser is the ability to rearrange the bookmarks, though dragging across a long list is a drag since it doesn't autoscroll. It's still better than no ability at all like the stock doesn't offer.

I also think the gestures have potential. It's nice to be able to jump to the top or bottom immediately. Still getting the hang of the other gestures. Tabs are cool, too.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I tried dolphin and skyfire. I don't see a ton of difference in how pages are rendered so I've been using the stock browser. It's not quite as nice as the iPhone or pre browsers but it does the job.

Nobody has found a browser that handles double taps like safari and pre browsers do have they? That's about the only thing I'm missing

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Are you sure you tried Dolphin HD? It does double tap! Or am I confused on what you want? You double tap the screen on a column of text and it resizes and formats that column to fit the screen right?

I think DolphinHD is as good as the iphones safari (I have an iPod touch) or the Pre's browsers. They are all basied on webkit so are more or less the same but DolphinHD offers tabs and can play (some for now) flash and supports plugins like backup bookmarks to SD.

Last edited:

paradox116

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Now is stoke browser. I heard dolphin from my friends and i am going to try Mini not HD. It is said Mini is faster and more convenient.