Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Memo pad/notes

Is there a native app in the Droid that I'm overlooking that's like the "memo" app on the Blackberrys or the "notes" app on the iphone?

If there isn't one, do you guys have any recommendations for market apps for this purpose?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Default here you go

i use ak notepad. fairly simple to use. good luck.

JRoid
    Thanked by:
    Roy Aguilera

Quote Originally Posted by JRoid View Post
    i use ak notepad. fairly simple to use. good luck.

JRoid
    Same here. Great App.

Best app I've found for tasks is Astrid.
    Thanked by:
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I think the answer is "no" in regards to there being a stock app on the Motorola Droid.

Moving to the Apps forum so others will benefit from the above recommendations.
    Thanked by:

I like MobisleNotes but have not using it very long.
    Thanked by:

I think AK notepad is the go to. That's the notepad program that is supported by backmeup.
    Thanked by:

i use GDocs Notepad. i like how it syncs to your google docs account.

that way i have a backup online.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Adiliyo View Post
    i use GDocs Notepad. i like how it syncs to your google docs account.

that way i have a backup online.
    Ditto.

Google owns my soul...
    Thanked by:

seriously. i kind of scares me. but then i get over it.

i bet there's some google app they installed that makes me feel okay about it.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Adiliyo View Post
    seriously. i kind of scares me. but then i get over it.

i bet there's some google app they installed that makes me feel okay about it.
    GoogleZac. Take one each day and get over it.

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock and faulty

I use sticky memo widget. you can select the widget size from 1x1 to 4x4 and all in between ( 1x3, 4x2, etc.). This shows your notes on the home screen and with just a tap on the sticky note you can edit what you have written down. Simple and in my face, I like.

I need an app like the 'Memos' in the Palm OS. You can add categories and have the notes in those categories alphabetized if you like.
    The droid should have an app to import from the Palm memos. I was able to do a copy and paste into AK notepad, but it is just one long list, and is difficult to find my info quickly.

what i found working good for me is colornote check it out i like it so far

How about a notepad that does speech to text?

Global Posts
    1,367 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

I'm using Color Note as well, I like it because you can color categorize you memos or notes.
    JF

3 banana notes
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by pwrpcer View Post
    I need an app like the 'Memos' in the Palm OS. You can add categories and have the notes in those categories alphabetized if you like.
    The droid should have an app to import from the Palm memos. I was able to do a copy and paste into AK notepad, but it is just one long list, and is difficult to find my info quickly.
    Wow! Another person like me moving from Palm OS to Android! I thought I was the only one left! I have your solution here.

I tried half a dozen note type programs over the weekend. None had the features that I wanted, but I found some interesting ones.

Note Everything or is not the only one that will import from Palm, but there's a link on the left hand side of the web page that has instructions on how to do it.

DioMemo was interesting in that you could add a Google Map picture to your note.

What I was looking for was 2 things: a note app that can take multiple picture attachments and an app that integrates with Google Maps.

Have you ever been out in your car when you suddenly decide to order from a take-out restaurant? If you could call ahead and order so that the food will be ready for pick-up, it would avoid going there, reading the menu, ordering food, then waiting for it to be cooked. Unless if you happen to have the take-out menus in your car, you could just take pictures of take-out menus and keep it on your phone.

The problem is that menus can be pretty lengthy, so it's not really something you could fit into one picture. Most note programs don't have the ability to attach multiple pictures to a single note. The Incredible doesn't have the ability to organize pictures into an album, so there's no easy workaround.

Google Maps is great, but it doesn't let you leave notes on specific locations. If you were researching a trip ahead of time, you can 'star' all of the places you want to go, but you can't leave yourself a note about what you wanted to do when you got there. This feature would also be useful when you're watching the Food Network and think, "if I'm ever in Town X, I'm going to Restaurant Y and order Dish Z." You can go ahead and 'star' the location ahead of time in Google Maps, but you won't remember what to order when you get there.
    Last edited by bobstudent3; 05-05-2010 at 03:25 PM.

I'm new to Android phones. I need help w the notes apps. I like in the sample screen shots they show you a page like a bulletin board of diff colored sticky notes. I've downloaded ColorNotes, AK Notepad and Sticky Note. I cannot seem to make this happen in any of them - only if I click on the app and look at a list. In Sticky Note, I did get one "sticky note" to appear on my home page. One. I can't figure out how to create a "new note" in it. I apologize if this should be very simple, but I am at a complete loss. Thanks. If you can tell me how to do it on any of these programs, I really don't care which, i just would like one of my home scene pages to be just notes.

k, thanks.

Default Answers!

OK, so I did some more research and after over 1000 people viewed this thread since my last post with no solutions, I am happy to report that I found my answers...I can't possibly be the only Android newbie with this question, so here's what I found out:

AK NOTEPAD
    This one seems to be easiest - you simply are in the app and hold your finger down on the note in the list, a menu pops up and you select "stick it' and it goes to your home screen.

COLOR NOTE:
    Wouldn't you know it, the answer was here all along:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/androi...-app-colornote
    you have to add it as a widget. To add a widget, hold your finger down on the background of the home screen and select ColorNote from the list.

STICKYNOTE
    Because it's a widget, you have to go into the widget and add/create your new note.

My vote, even though not as 'fun' with having multiple colored stickies on your home screen, is for AK Notepad. I think it is the simplest and most efficient at creating a note and posting it to your home page.

Smile Evernote for me

I've been trying each of the notepad apps over the last couple of weeks too.
    • EasyNote: Really pretty, but a bit clumsy when it came to actually editing stuff on my D-Inc.
    • NoteEverything: One of the better ones. Liked that it backed up to GoogleDocs
    • ColorNote: Nice idea and implementation.
    • HTC Notes: simple and standalone.
    I tried a couple of others, but these were the notable ones.

...and then...

I came to my senses and remembered that I'm an EverNote user. Now I just pump everything into EverNote and sync it to my EN account on the web. That makes the notes accessible on my phone, all of my computers with EN installed on them and any computer that has web access via the evernote.com website. Notes can be filed into my choice of notebooks, single/multiple categories or left without a category so that I categorize them later since they dump into a "notes without category" bucket that's easy to find and then reassign.

Evernote is the place where I keep everything that I need to remember, but don't have the ability/desire to spend that much energy trying to hold it all in my brain. It's like a brain archive that I can do stuff with and recall later.

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted

I'm an Evernote user on WebOS. While I use and love the program, at least on WebOS there's a limitation that in practice has been a major pain.

On WebOS, Evernote doesn't cache notes locally - the program is really just a local interface for the web-based datastore. I think (but am not 100% sure) that this is also true for the Android app.

Why is this a big deal?

1. On WebOS, the program is slow to load, and individual notes are slow to open. It's NOT the kind of instantaneous access to information that I'd come to expect with the Memo app on the old PalmOS.

2. On a plane or other spot with no connection? No notes, period. Major fail.

The Android app DOES cache notes locally, syncing between your device and the Snaptics website when possible. The Snaptics functionality isn't quite as rich as Evernote, but I'm hoping the local note cache will more than make up for that. I'm going to try 3banana when I get my Evo, and have already ported my notes from Evernote to Snaptics.

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm going to be a new Android user soon coming from Windows Mobile. I'm trying Evernote right now on my WM phone but can't get past the fact that it doesn't keep a copy of the notes on the phone so I can use them offline, like on a plane.

I see in their site that they're doing offline for the iPhone so maybe they'll upgrade the Android app to work that way.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I use StatusNotes for small memo's or reminders...however Evernote fullfills my larger needs
    Motorola Droid

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

I had tried Evernote but often times my phone is out of cell service and I need something that is "on the ready". I just started with Springpad and I love it, you can share it with a PC version and syncs easily, make lists, etc. Check it out, many more things its useful for on top of that. See if this is what you need. (and its free)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast