Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Question Best Call Blocker App?

Does anyone know of a great call blocker app? I guess theres a few people i can do without =) If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!! Thankyou !

Extreme Call blocker Invisible
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

appreciate it, thankyou!
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I'm not sure what phone you have, but if it's an EVO or Incredible, you can edit the contact and select the option to send them directly to voicemail. It's possible other HTC Sense phones have this too, but I have no experience with them.

Restraining Order App. Not available on the market quite yet though. But you can still pick one up very easily

Any of these apps work for text messages as well? I'm starting to get text spam now.

Curious...what ever happen to "reject call"?

Or I'm just not understanding what a call blocker is, maybe.
    April Morton likes this.

Default Re: Best Call Blocker App?

I'm using PhoneBlocker from Market it's free without ads.
    search "PhoneBlocker" in android market.

try "PhoneBlocker" from market it's free

Guys they are all totally crap Use Root Call Blocker instead, its the only one without a first ring:

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

I use Call Control. It has a community blacklist.

I'm happy with it. Curious why are all the call blockers crap?

Sent from my DInc2 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kirkiscool View Post
    I use Call Control. It has a community blacklist.

I'm happy with it. Curious why are all the call blockers crap?

Its simple - because everything other than Root Call Blocker still lets through a ring and the screen turn on. They are childsplay compared to what RCB can do because it is a root service. Just check the reviews:

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
    Thanked by:
    Yexus Christo likes this.

Here's why I won't be using that one. Root required, and it's not free.

Call control works fine. I've never noticed a blocked call coming in.

It's free and i don't have to root

Yes but you are just missing out. Its classic really, by fearing what you dont understand you are basing an opinion on something you have no knowledge of... Root Call Blocker is the best, no doubt you would see that if you tried it, because your app is not even in the same league...

No offense, of course!
    Thanked by:

The one I was using on iPhone was just perfect. It would keep all my blocked calls and messages in the program. I open it, I see them there, I don't, they will stay there till I find them and delete them. Very simple. I have Extreme Call Blocker now on Android and I still can't figure it out. Just can't wait to get my paycheck at the end of the month and go back to iPhone. Android is a complete joke compared to iOS

You can block phone/text numbers and email addresses through the Verizon site -

Login to My Verizon > under the section "I Want To..." choose "Plan" then choose "Block Calls and Messaging".

You can block phone/text numbers and email addresses.

The down side is you have to renew it every 3 months.

WARNING! Extreme call blocker stopped auto starting on boot. I moved app to phone as advised. IT BLEW AWAY MY ENTIRE TEXT MESSAGE HISTORY!!!!

It has become overprogrammed and unwieldy!

Quote Originally Posted by alexsbkk View Post
    The one I was using on iPhone was just perfect. It would keep all my blocked calls and messages in the program. I open it, I see them there, I don't, they will stay there till I find them and delete them. Very simple. I have Extreme Call Blocker now on Android and I still can't figure it out. Just can't wait to get my paycheck at the end of the month and go back to iPhone. Android is a complete joke compared to iOS
    hahaha IOS is compared to Android

I would love a app blocker where i wont even know when there texting or calling period.HELP

exactly block the number an you dont need to be notified nowhere they have even tried for the love of god

Subz...... I'm interested in the answer to this one. I currently use Call Blocker, but I can't wait recommend it because when I'm on a call & a call comes in from a blocked #, it disconnects the call I'm already on. If it wasn't for this I would purchase the pay version (& recommend to others) but hey...... It gets the job done.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

You don't even need an app for this. Create a "Junk" (or whatever you want to call it) contact in your address book. Edit the contact and set it to go straight to voicemail. Then as you get any spammy/crap/telemarketer/bill collector numbers, add them to the Junk contact. My phone doesn't even light up or acknowledge when a call goes straight to voicemail. If you fill up one contact, make a second one and link it.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by jokeyhaha View Post
    You don't even need an app for this. Create a "Junk" (or whatever you want to call it) contact in your address book. Edit the contact and set it to go straight to voicemail. Then as you get any spammy/crap/telemarketer/bill collector numbers, add them to the Junk contact. My phone doesn't even light up or acknowledge when a call goes straight to voicemail. If you fill up one contact, make a second one and link it.
    Thanks big time!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Mr number works well for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast