Droid vs. Apple

hooker13

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
My girl friend has an I-Phone and I have used it many times and down loaded several apps, but the one I find most helpful is the weather in HD. The graphics are great. But when I got my Droid Raxr Maxx, I was looking for the same app, but could not find it. Seems it is only with Apple. Then she used my phone and attempted to install many of the other apps we use and found only a few were as good or better than Apples, I am sure that is because we have become use to an Apple. But why is it so hard to find the same apps, Can't both types of devices handle the same apps with a minor change in soft ware?

Trackready

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
You are indeed correct. Android has been playing catch up on app quality. Thankfully this is coming to an end lately as many devs are picking up the pace. There is plenty of great looking apps, but they definitely spread more thin atm... and yes, hardware wise android is capable of running anything current iphones can. Part of the problem is it is much easier to make something look better when you only have 1 screen size and 2 resolutions to code for, like with the iphone. Android 4.0 is supposed to aid in some of these pit falls, at its current release pace it will be several months before its minstream.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hooker13

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I ran an iPhone for 2 months and I missed my Android apps. I was tired of every app costing $0.99. I know that a buck is no big deal, but if I don't like the app, I can't return it. The nice thing about Android is the fact that you can return the app within 15 minutes for a one time return and get your money back. But most of the apps are free, or at least have a free and a pay version. I've found myself paying for the "Pro" version to support the dev.

Tablet's have a Weather HD app and I have it installed on my Prime. I'm not sure if it's the same program that the iPhone has, but there are plenty of good weather apps out there. My wife and I both run the Weather Channel app. It's great and shows radar as well as the current forecast. It's the best weather app I've run across.

Good luck with your new Android adventure. I hope it works out for you.

Reactions: hooker13

hooker13

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all for your help. I like my Razr Maxx, only been charging it every third day, and it is on all the time. battery has not dropped below 30% on a 6 hour charge when I do charge it. I know what you mean by paying for apps. I have paid for a few that worked great as a free sample and after paying they dont meet the standard and turnout to be useless in the end. I would love to get a refund or credit, but even then to comment on them would also be helpful. I down loaded a space junk app for free that works great, 1000% times better than planetariaX that cost me $1.99. Oh well.

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
On the bright side, Android's open nature promotes inovation. For example, better software keyboards (see SlideIt on Android) or app launchers (see WaveLauncher and GoLauncher). Also, having multiple vendors give you more choices (e.g. integrated hardware keyboards, removable batteries) and new technologies are available earlier (e.g. large screens, 4G). The one-size-fit-all approach has its limitations.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae