Battery app suggestions

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I have read there are battery apps that can actually impact the battery live while running in the background. I am looking for something very light and simple - just need to see realtime %. Any suggestions?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i have to 2nd terpitudes choice. its the one i have been using since i dont even know how long. it's great because you can customize the colors (ex. if battery is above 80% the battery color will be green, if it is under 30% it will be read, etc). plus it displays the temperatures which really helps me out because when i overclock my droid i can have a 2nd source for telling me how hot my battery really is.

the best part...... ITS FREE so you don't have to buy it in order to try it out. you can always donate to the dev if you would like to show your appreciation for their hard work.

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks - but I don't like the widget of BatteryLife - it's too big to fit where I want it. I am trying out BatteryTime lite right now - like the icon and the % in the task bar.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
If your looking for a % in your battery icon on your notification bar you could always try the app called spare parts.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Battery Status Pro. It is NOT a widget, it puts the percent on the status bar which is what I was after. It is free and seems to work well so far.

It seems very customizable. I like that you can get a status that tells you how much time is left for talk, standby, video streaming etc...

Battery Status Pro (New) - Android app on AppBrain

Last edited:

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have read there are battery apps that can actually impact the battery live while running in the background. I am looking for something very light and simple - just need to see realtime %. Any suggestions?

I've purchased a number of battery monitors and meters for my android phones. At least in my experience with them, they are interesting and sort of give me an idea of how much of my battery life is being used and where it is being used at. Unfortunately, they all seem to decrease my phones battery life, so I usually end up uninstalling them.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I have been using Battery Status Pro. It is NOT a widget, it puts the percent on the status bar which is what I was after. It is free and seems to work well so far.

It seems very customizable. I like that you can get a status that tells you how much time is left for talk, standby, video streaming etc...

Battery Status Pro (New) - Android app on AppBrain

This one is kind of nice but at 2.something MB I quickly deleted it and went back to Battery Indicator at 143 kB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze