1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default App recomendations for a PRE user?

Switching from the Pre to the EVO... and I'm pretty new to the whole Android scene.

I have my apps that I have learned to LOVE, and would like some good quality (Even if not free) apps to replace these:

drPodder (Podcast Manager)
    Feeds (Google RSS Reader)
    Top Stocks (Portfolio Manager with Google Finance Portfolio Integration)
    YouView (Google Voicemail viewer)
    pReader (An eBook Reader)
    WeatherMan and WeatherIcon (Something that can tell me the outside Temp in a split second) (Sounds like this is pretty easy on a Android)
    VNC or Logmein App?
    A good news app?

Any recomendations?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
    Last edited by sammyc53; 06-07-2010 at 04:54 PM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

podcasts- google listen
    rss- newsrob or feedr
    voicemail- google voice app
    weather- the weather channel, or just use the news/weather widget that should be preloaded

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    ROM
    Miui 1.1.7.0,

Adiko for e books, at least until they release the nook and kindle apps.
    I believe log me in its releasing their own app soon.
    Google finance for financial stuff, or mint for more personal banking.
    Agree terp on the others
    gtalk: Sethjk

what about checkbook or splashmoney for WebOS/PalmOS, I havent really been able to find an app that is as good as checkbook on WebOS or SplashMoney on Iphone/Palm OS. I currently use. EasyMoney but it definatelly isn't as user friendly and doesn't have all the features Checkbook and SplashMoney have.

For DRPodder the best, I've found is ACAST. It has all the features, I loved in DRPodder, but not as good of an interface. Also logmein as a client to remove to your pc. I am about to start playing with the remote desktop software so I can work on some servers from my phone.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    what about checkbook or splashmoney for WebOS/PalmOS, I havent really been able to find an app that is as good as checkbook on WebOS or SplashMoney on Iphone/Palm OS. I currently use. EasyMoney but it definatelly isn't as user friendly and doesn't have all the features Checkbook and SplashMoney have.
    Looking for the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wado1 View Post
    Looking for the same thing.
    ya I know it kind of sucks there doesn't seem to be anything as good as SplashMoney or Checkbook, but I have contacted splashdata and they said that SplashMoney will be coming to Android by year end so at least we know we'll have something.