Best 3rd party email app

hkrn44

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a third party email app for me? I want to be able to check my google email when I want but I do not want the account defaulted on my phone. I"ve had problems with the google play store syncing with my gmail account and installing a bunch of apps on my phone that I don't want. Then when I go to uninstall them my phone freezes up, and requires a hard reset to turn back on. I've had Verizon replace the phone thinking this was the problem. But it seems google play is the problem because i got the new phone right around the time google play was introduced. I've had previous phones before and never had the apps automatically start loading on my phone.

I called google play support and they said my best option would be a 3rd party email app.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
K 9 Email always seems to be a favorite among users for a solid 3rd party email application.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
+1 for K9. Have been using it since day one on my Thunderbolt with no issues. It handles 4 separate e-mail accounts for me with no hassle. Takes a little time to set up and configure but you won't need to mess with it after that.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I could never figure out K9's email handling, what folders were synced and what weren't. Maildroid was better for me. Lastly I got Enhaned Email when it was the Amazon FAOTD. Very easy to set up and use. Works great for me.

Trekker

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I used Maildroid Pro for awhile but had an issue where emails from one account got mixed with another. Since then, I've been using the followup to K-9, which is called Kaiten (K-10) and it works great.

Kaiten Email

mrgigabyte

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
i two have brought Kaiten and mail droid pro and both are good but Kaiten is the winner for me use less memory and less battery use also and with Kaiten i notice that all my mail opens also with mail droid some of my mail would not open all the way if i new that Kaiten was this great i would have never gotten maildroid and the price you cant beat also only 5 dollars for Kaiten

asdf12321

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I need 2 favors, please:
Can anyone using kaiten please tell me what does it have different than k9 thats worth paying for, besides cosmetics?
Also, since maildroid doesnt has the ability to set up different alerts for different accounts, anyone knows of one that does, besides k9 and its offspring?
Best regards.

eeyore6802

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Can you change how often k9 will check for email and notify you? I get the notifications sporadically but haven't seen a setting for how often it updates.

hea88

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Our office deployed the Divide solution several months ago and I couldn't be happier. My work email is in easy reach and it doesn't mix with my personal mail.

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I tried Kaiten and Enhanced and each has its own problems. Kaiten doesn't work on my Exchange email and Enhanced continues to push hundreds of old gmails to my phone.

I'll stick with the stock e-mail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay