1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Emoticon sms app that shows emotes from iPhones?

So my gf has an iphone and constantly sends me emotes that show up as just squares. The only one that seems to work is the heart.

Anyone know of an SMS app on Android that shows emotes correctly from iPhone?
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

You need to have an SMS app that supports Emoji. I personally use Go SMS which has an optional Emoji plug-in (installed separately).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    "Some see the glass as half-empty, some see the glass as half-full. I see the glass as too big."
    - George Carlin

Default Re: Emoticon sms app that shows emotes from iPhones?

I use handscent, which also supports emoji (also installed separately).
    I haven't tried Go yet. I know handscnet also supports group messaging (acorss any platform i've tested so far). I think Go supports that as well, but i'm not 100% certain.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by DenverRalphy View Post
    You need to have an SMS app that supports Emoji. I personally use Go SMS which has an optional Emoji plug-in (installed separately).

So you can get emote texts from iPhone users and they display correctly?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

My prob is I use SMS Popup which shows a popup that allows quick replies, does Handscent or Go SMS have this feature?

Yes you will get the emotes correctly. Those fancier emotes you see on iOS are Emoji emotes.

And yes, Both Go and Handcent have pop-ups for quick replies.

"Some see the glass as half-empty, some see the glass as half-full. I see the glass as too big."
    - George Carlin

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndroiduserT View Post
    I use handscent, which also supports emoji (also installed separately).
    I haven't tried Go yet. I know handscnet also supports group messaging (acorss any platform i've tested so far). I think Go supports that as well, but i'm not 100% certain.
    I'm not having luck keeping group sms messages sent from iphones (imessage) within a single conversation thread on either go sms or handcent? Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by joe8617 View Post
    I'm not having luck keeping group sms messages sent from iphones (imessage) within a single conversation thread on either go sms or handcent? Are you?
    Yup, they show up in a single thread. I do get the occasional glitch where a person within the group will message me and I'll had 2 unread messages; one in the group and one in a separate thread I have with the individual. But short answer is yes, the group messages (with iphone users) show in a single thread.