Low power mp3 playing app

bmbriefs

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got an android phone coming over from wm7.5. One of my primary uses of my phone is to listen to podcasts while I commute and work. I download all of my podcasts at home over wifi and I begin the day with a fully charged phone. In my experience with wm7.5, I make it easily through an entire day listening to podcasts anywhere from 3-4 h sometimes, I can still make it through the day listening to 10 h of podcasts but I sometimes have to charge it up in the early evening.

I'm on day one of my nexus S and am using doubletwist to listen to podcasts. My battery has drained ~10% in an 45 minutes and doubletwist is the main culprit for drainage (45%) followed by media server (26%). At this rate, I won't make it through the day. Is this others typical experience for using their phone as an mp3 player? Are there other apps that are less demanding on the battery?

Thanks in advance!

bmbriefs

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
OK, I think the culprit is actually the equalizer built into doubletwist... I turned off the eq and the drain slowed down significantly. With the EQ on, my battery was draining at a rate of 13% per hour. With the EQ off the battery drained at 5.5% per hour. Much better!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech