1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Skype Unavailible for Droid 2.2?

yesterday I successfully installed 2.2 on my Droid.

Today I went to download Skype and got the error message "Sorry, Skype is unavailable for your mobile. We add new handsets all the time so check back soon"...

it worked prior to the froyo - what gives?

Not available for Evo either. I'm using Fring for now but would like a dedicated Skype app.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

So its just not out yet for froyo...
    makes me want to go back to 2.1

Default Re: Skype Unavailible for Droid 2.2?

Hello!!! Froyo's not even officially out for the Nexus, what do you expect? Be patient, sooner or later they will make it available. Of course, it should be backwards compatible, but since the droid is using a ported version of the pre-release Froyo, I'm not surprized.
    White GSM HTC Hero, stock ROM
    Tweet me @BrokenFox

Not the only app...

Running a Moto Droid, with the Froyo 2.2.

Missing:
    Mobile Banking (Not the BoA one)
    WeatherBug Elite

Just the ones I have noticed so far. Im sure there are more. Hopefully the devs will have the Froyo versions ready soon.
    GenericMessage

Considering 2.2 doesn't exist officially yet, I can imagine why.

Default just get a market fix

just did the froyo update w a custom rom, rooted, added busybox, then 900mhz core, then market fix all on my moto a855. paid apps all showed back up all work but skype mobile and it runs circles around what it used to do. love froyo

This may have something to do with the fact that Skype made that ridiculous deal to be exclusive on Verizon for a while (even though you have Verizon).