Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.2.2 Stock

Default Re: Download Directly to Google Drive

I suggest that anyone that wants to see what is required, go to URL Droplet and try it. You'll see that it will ask for your Dropbox credentials. You then have to go to Dropbox and grant permission for URL Droplet to access your Dropbox account.

Now there may be an API that can pass an authentication token back and forth, but the bottom line is that any service that can transfer files to your Dropbox account needs permission to do so.

If you're okay with that, then go for it.
    --Inspector Gadget

Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5

I think this is a great idea

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

For those with a security concern regarding this, there doesn't seem to be a problem. I do this in Android daily. When I want to save to Google drive, from my Web Browser, I choose share menu pops up with the option to copy the web page to several locations, one being Google drive. The chosen page or file is then directly saved to Google drive, without first being downloaded to my computer. I also do this in Windows, when using Google's Browser, (slightly different menu choice, i.e. save as, rather than share). I would also like to do this on my Blackberry. I think the answer is to get Google's Web browser working on the Blackberry which after doing some research it seems to be possible. Just haven't tried it as I'm a Windows/Ubuntu long time user, also using Android for about a year, but new to Palm, so I proceed slowly making changes to it. In the next few days I will be trying it, and will let you know the result.

Quote Originally Posted by gakio12 View Post
    I would like to download a file directly to Google Drive without having to download it locally then upload it again (I have slow upload speed). I have found one app for Chrome desktop that is suppose to do that (it doesn't, just upload the text of the download link), Cloud Save, but not a single Android app that does that. It would save bandwidth a lot to just download directly to Google Drive.

Is this just not possible, or does no one really care for such a feature? I wish I had the time to learn to program, as I'd just do it myself XD

Thanks!

Thumbs up Re: Download Directly to Google Drive

Yes yaar...
    you are true...
    Even I am finding whether such a feature is available on the net or not....
    I couldn't find it till now but when you get it, defenitely post it here....
    I even wonder that being in existance of all these IT intelligents on earth, how come an awesome feature like this isn't discovered yet...??..!!

Project gutenberg has a fearture like this (eg:). There is an option to send the book directly to your google drive but you have to give it permission. I guess it's a matter of time before similar things start popping up.

Everybody relax. It's here--and it's trustworthy.

What you are looking for is , courtesy of .

In case you don't read , this application is powered by the , which won last year's .

It's only been up for a couple of weeks--try not to cook the servers.
    Last edited by patronanejo; 07-05-2013 at 08:18 AM.
    Thanked by:
    FloydianThe likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Sweet, thanks!

just download UC Browser in cellphone.. That app have an option for offline download. One GB cloud space

Hi gakio12

I was gonna give you the same solution as patronanejo. That webapp is the bomb! You are not confined to use only one cloud service like dropbox with this.

I was also in search of this same kind of app cuz even i wanted to download a file directly to my google drive as i too have broadband and 3G limitations.

But i wish to thank you too for starting this thread and although this took quite a while for ppl to understand exactly what it was you were looking for and then provide a solution, you finally did get it!

Cheers man!

I wrote an app to do just that a few months ago. - Works from your browser. Enjoy!

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

sorry to resurrect this thread but...
    wait, is there now an app or script that can allow you to save files directly google drive?
    I find it somewhat annoying that I cannot always directly edit some certatin filetypes from google drive on android, and I would like if there can be a way to directly save files to google drive so that I can conveniently view it on other synced devices, even if it means having to download it first and then upload.( I don't think adnroid chrome supports extensions/apps yet)(does google already give you an option for saving to drive in chrome?)
    Also, I would think it cool to have a "Box Edit" style feature so I can edit any file and have it automatically sync, like quickoffice.

Basically, I would mainly like more cloud integration, especially the ability to save files directly to Drive.

That being said though, there are going to be some security-realated questions before this can be implemented.

Hey,
    I've just done that .. send it to your Gmail email account as attachment and in the email on the attatchment appears a GDrive icon for transfere!!
    Your home wrk is to find easy and fast tools (I tried b4, bt nt n my mind) to send a link as attatchment for email .. try compress online sites and there other ways

Amit's web app is well needed, and it seems to work for small files, but maybe not for big ones? At least I was able to transfer one file about half a GB to my Google Drive, but when I tried a 2.9 GB zip file, it produces an error (repeatedly). Or it may be something other than the size. I also wasn't able to transfer a _public_ Dropbox URL file to Google Drive, it told me it was an invalid URL, which it isn't. Can't find any documentation of any limits, etc. that might explain these issues.

I wrote a script that does exactly what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by joe verderber View Post
    I wrote a script that does exactly what you're looking for.
    Perhaps it does, or perhaps it was malware you wrote back in July. How can I see the source before I execute it?

Have yet to test that script....

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Android View Post
    Amit's web app is well needed, and it seems to work for small files, but maybe not for big ones? At least I was able to transfer one file about half a GB to my Google Drive, but when I tried a 2.9 GB zip file, it produces an error (repeatedly). Or it may be something other than the size. I also wasn't able to transfer a _public_ Dropbox URL file to Google Drive, it told me it was an invalid URL, which it isn't. Can't find any documentation of any limits, etc. that might explain these issues.
    Amit's script has changed behavior recently... It used to fail (with large .zip files) after connecting up to Google Drive and clicking Save. But now, the Save button is disabled when connecting up to Google Drive... the only way I've found to enable the button is disconnecting from Drive, but then of course I wouldn't expect the button to work, and it doesn't. Wish I could see Joe's script to know what it does....

You can use a free service like:

for large files, go (<10GB files)

Just copy and paste link, click upload.
    Check and give your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by gakio12 View Post
    I would like to download a file directly to Google Drive without having to download it locally then upload it again (I have slow upload speed). I have found one app for Chrome desktop that is suppose to do that (it doesn't, just upload the text of the download link), Cloud Save, but not a single Android app that does that. It would save bandwidth a lot to just download directly to Google Drive.

Is this just not possible, or does no one really care for such a feature? I wish I had the time to learn to program, as I'd just do it myself XD

Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12