1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Default Swipr/slider to answer phone calls

Hello,

I really dislike the slider that we need to use to answer a phone call on my Droid Charge and am looking for an alternative. I downloaded Go Locker and Go Launcher with differing themes and like what they do...but they do not change the basic slider to answer a call ( or maybe I am missing a setting or something) . I even tried Advanced Phone, and that has some good visual alternatives, but when I tried it out, it does not work.

Can anyone tell me how I can change the swipe/slider to answer phone calls?

Thanks!
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Default Re: Swipr/slider to answer phone calls

Some custom ROMs, such as CM7, have the ability to customize this. Changing the lockscreen on a stock ROM is a coding challenge, from all I've read.

A better alternative app to control this is WidgetLocker (paid app, but so nice.).
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epidenimus View Post
    Some custom ROMs, such as CM7, have the ability to customize this. Changing the lockscreen on a stock ROM is a coding challenge, from all I've read.

A better alternative app to control this is WidgetLocker (paid app, but so nice.).

Do I need to be rooted to use Widget Locker?
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Quote Originally Posted by SeeD65 View Post
    Do I need to be rooted to use Widget Locker?
    No, you do not. But it works just fine if you are, too.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.

I completely agree with you SeeD65!
    Did WidgetLocker do the trick?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stickysteph View Post
    I completely agree with you SeeD65!
    Did WidgetLocker do the trick?
    Unfortunately...NO. I am not sure if I have it set up properly or not, but Widget Lockers works great...but does not work as a phone answer slider.

Does anyone know how to set Widget Locker up for the phone answer slider?

Thanks!

Oh That's crazy , what happens if i see an easy screen with a common answer and reject keys ( plus speaker-on and number-pad)
    It makes me to leave my cellphone because of this reason,crap!!!
    Slider answering sucks..moreover when screen become off and the phone goes in locked mode and when i wanna end call i have to turn the screen on and then unlock the phone and after this process i finally can end a simple phone call , greatttttt... that's irritating

please let me know if there is any way i could be able to change the call and answer screen basicly , changing in sys-file or this stuff