Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Talking [APP][2.0+] NRG Player - music player

- beautiful music player for Android with EQ, plays songs from folders and customizable user interface.

Hi.

I’m one of the developers of NRG Player. NRG Player is a music player for Android. We try to create some unique music app. Main ideas were:

- easy-to-use creating playlists system
    - amazing design
    - equalizer

Here is 10 days trial version on Google Play: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mrgreensoft.nrg.player

Now NRG Player has following features:

• Support multiple formats: MP3, MP2, MP1, OGG, WAV, AIFF, MIDI, AAC, AAC+, 3GP, XM, IT, S3M, MOD, MTM, UMX, MO3, MP4, M4A, OTA, FLAC, ALAC, APE.
    • Graphic equalizer with presets and manual control
    • Sound effects (bass boost, treble boost, preamp)
    • Custom interface colors. You could choose your own color style for UI.
    • Cloud service 4shared.com (only for mp3). Search and stream music to your phone.
    • Unique playlist system. you can select songs in 5 categories: files, songs, albums, artists and cloud. Add them all to playlist in one touch.
    • Homescreen widgets (4x1, 4x2, 4x3)
    • Lockscreen widget
    • Headset support
    • Id3 tags editor
    • Last.fm scrobbling
    • Volume buttons playback control
    • Album art download
    • Support Android 2.0+
    • Sleep timer
    • Rating system

Here is some screenshots

Main screen and widgets

Customizable user interface

Equalizer

Different way to create playlist

QR code:

I’ll be glad to answer your questions and read some wishes.
    Last edited by AlreadyGreen; 06-01-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock, for now

Facebook /Twitter share is a nice option. How about auto resume when you plug in your headphones. Volume buttons to change songs is good too.

Playing around with this app, great job! Love the ability to change the color of the player, makes it very easy to customize to my wallpapers.
    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by CMRobinson; 05-26-2012 at 11:32 AM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: [APP][2.0+] NRG Player - music player (Free unlock keys insid

Quote Originally Posted by CMRobinson View Post
    Facebook /Twitter share is a nice option. How about auto resume when you plug in your headphones. Volume buttons to change songs is good too.
    NRG Player already has auto resume. Try if it works on your device. If not - write to me plz.

Write private message to me with your email. And I'll send unlock key for NRG Player

The EQ sounds great. Often the EQ in players is quite poor. I find the UI easy to use.

The interface is the best I've used, very customizable. I made mine purple. One thing I can't find is a "Shuffle" button. That's what I really need. Great job!
    Possum Pete

I'm Not Dead!
    Galaxy Note 2

Very nice. Have only used it briefly but I honestly can't say id change a thing or add a thing. Maybe a shuffle button...but I rarely use that anyway.
    Top notch app. As I've no useful input I'll be glad to pay 3.25 for a key. (Once I get a job that is)
    Keep up the excellent work. I'll spread the word

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by PossumPete View Post
    The interface is the best I've used, very customizable. I made mine purple. One thing I can't find is a "Shuffle" button. That's what I really need. Great job!
    "Shuffle" button is on the top of the "next" button. If you press there then "Shuffle" button light up.
    Thanked by:

I realize its a music player....but I like downloading music videos. Would like to see support for videos. I love winamp on my PC...but not on my phone. Laggy
    NRG runs so smooth I'm afraid video support would kill it though. Hmmmm....maybe that's a bad idea.

Lyric searching would be nice though. I love that on my xbmc

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Ksjuggalo View Post
    I realize its a music player....but I like downloading music videos. Would like to see support for videos. I love winamp on my PC...but not on my phone. Laggy
    NRG runs so smooth I'm afraid video support would kill it though. Hmmmm....maybe that's a bad idea.

Lyric searching would be nice though. I love that on my xbmc

Thanks for testing! Lyrics is really good feature.

Check out your private messages for unlock key.

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGreen View Post
    Thanks for testing! Lyrics is really good feature.

Hey thanks alot. I was more than happy to buy a key, but this way I can get a gallon of gas instead. Lol

I love heavy metal but some bands I simply can't understand. The beat rocks etc. But what the heck did he say?

Anyway..I'm not one too "spam" forums, but I have no problem telling people face to face how great an app is. And I have told several people already. "Most stable..best looking...best eq....devs you can actually get a response from"

I guess I'm an NRG groupie. Kinda fitting since my HTC TP ran NRG ROMS almost exclusively. Keep up the great work. Thanks again

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Quattrimus

I really like this music player app, it's beautiful! Couple things I'd like to see though.
    1.) Too few music player apps have a good enqueue function. I'd like to see a way to start a playlist or just shuffle all your songs but then in the middle of the playlist be able to queue a song as next and then go back to the playlist/shuffle. There's a program called Clementine that has this ability on my computer and it's great!
    2.) Grooveshark support would be rad, but extremely difficult I'm sure...
    3.) I love how the lights go with the music levels beneath the prev/fwd buttons. However it seems like there should be more going on in the background behind the list of songs. Maybe add a graphical equalizer in the background of the songs? That'd be cool looking! (see screenshot edits)
    4.) Album Art. Everybody loves album art, it'd be great to have A.) A way to automatically download album art and B.) display it for the currently playing track. (See screenshot).

I've included 2 edited screenshots below of possible design schemes for you. Let me know what you think!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [APP][2.0+] NRG Player - music player-design1.png   [APP][2.0+] NRG Player - music player-design2.png  

I know it isn't possible yet, but eventually integration with Play Music would be incredible. For me, biggest thing I would like to see is a flexible compressor. The limit option works, but a few more parameters would really sweeten the deal. I play music at work a lot and especially on shuffle, the worst thing that happens is the player (or any player) will switch songs and suddenly it will be freakishly loud and I have to stop what I'm doing and sprint over the the stereo abut 20 feet away to turn it down, and repeat the process accordingly. Also, flac support is non-existent, at least on my phone. They just play as loud static.

Last suggestion, and to me this is crucial, I would like the option to hide folders/artists/etc. A feature like Quicpic's "Hide Folder" option.

Edit: A coverflow would be raddddd. Or some sort of aesthetically pleasing, grid-based way to view my library.
    Last edited by jimlikesmayo; 05-30-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Addendum.

Also I second album art and enqueue.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by aaronmfisher86 View Post
    I really like this music player app, it's beautiful! Couple things I'd like to see though.
    1.) Too few music player apps have a good enqueue function. I'd like to see a way to start a playlist or just shuffle all your songs but then in the middle of the playlist be able to queue a song as next and then go back to the playlist/shuffle. There's a program called Clementine that has this ability on my computer and it's great!
    2.) Grooveshark support would be rad, but extremely difficult I'm sure...
    3.) I love how the lights go with the music levels beneath the prev/fwd buttons. However it seems like there should be more going on in the background behind the list of songs. Maybe add a graphical equalizer in the background of the songs? That'd be cool looking! (see screenshot edits)
    4.) Album Art. Everybody loves album art, it'd be great to have A.) A way to automatically download album art and B.) display it for the currently playing track. (See screenshot).

I've included 2 edited screenshots below of possible design schemes for you. Let me know what you think!
    Hi.

1) As far as I understand, you want to be able play songs directly from the library while your main playlist playing. It's really useful feature. I try to implement it in future versions.

2) There are a lot of interesting streaming services. We think about expandable music library to give user choice to add anything he want.

3) We love it too. We have some skins with album art and visualization effects. Soon we'll release that functionality.

4) You could download album arts in music library right now. Automatic download will come with album art skin.

Thanks for your ideas and design screenshots. Check out your private messages for unlock key.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by jimlikesmayo View Post
    I know it isn't possible yet, but eventually integration with Play Music would be incredible. For me, biggest thing I would like to see is a flexible compressor. The limit option works, but a few more parameters would really sweeten the deal. I play music at work a lot and especially on shuffle, the worst thing that happens is the player (or any player) will switch songs and suddenly it will be freakishly loud and I have to stop what I'm doing and sprint over the the stereo abut 20 feet away to turn it down, and repeat the process accordingly. Also, flac support is non-existent, at least on my phone. They just play as loud static.

Last suggestion, and to me this is crucial, I would like the option to hide folders/artists/etc. A feature like Quicpic's "Hide Folder" option.

Edit: A coverflow would be raddddd. Or some sort of aesthetically pleasing, grid-based way to view my library.
    Hi.

Flexible compressor is our dream too. But now this function isn't available in our sound engine. May be in close future we'll release it.

As far as I understand you have some problems with sound level on different songs? Is it depends on songs or NRG Player?

Idea with hiding some tabs in music library is good. We'll implement it. Thanks.

Thanked by:

Thank you so much!

This is a fine little player, great sound, and no glitches on my little Optimus V phone that I'm using as a dedicated MP3 player. I'm able to get enough volume out of it to drive a very inefficient set of full-size headphones, too.

My big wish would be a coverflow-style sorting setup; I love looking at album art. That's why I like using the player "3" (aka "cubed"), it has a great album cover based interface. Just my two cents.

I'd also like have an option to reduce the range of the EQ controls to, say, 6db or so instead of 15dB; it's a little touchy on a small screen, and difficult to make precise movements of the sliders.

Again, overall, this is a great little player!
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by ubu_roi View Post
    This is a fine little player, great sound, and no glitches on my little Optimus V phone that I'm using as a dedicated MP3 player. I'm able to get enough volume out of it to drive a very inefficient set of full-size headphones, too.

My big wish would be a coverflow-style sorting setup; I love looking at album art. That's why I like using the player "3" (aka "cubed"), it has a great album cover based interface. Just my two cents.

I'd also like have an option to reduce the range of the EQ controls to, say, 6db or so instead of 15dB; it's a little touchy on a small screen, and difficult to make precise movements of the sliders.

Again, overall, this is a great little player!
    Hi.

We'll add new skins with album cover soon.

About EQ and dbs. You could touch every band at the left or right side and thumb will move to the right or to the left only in one db.

Thanks for your opinion and check out your private messages for unlock key.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: [APP][2.0+] NRG Player - music player

Thank you very much!

And thanks for the tip about EQ adjustment, I had totally missed that. I've been using NRG for two days now, and it's become my favorite player - I don't know why different music players sound different, but they do, and I prefer NRG for sound quality.

this is awesome player. music output from my live with walkman with this application remind me old walkman phones sound from sony Ericsson. where is the unlock key?

hey guy can i get unlock key of nrg player

Quote Originally Posted by ershibbu View Post
    hey guy can i get unlock key of nrg player
    I believe all the free unlock keys have been awarded already.
    In the OP it is stated that the first 5 most usefully suggestions would receive one. Its well worth the few bucks.

Ummmm...I don't have anything important to say...but I hate to see the thread die...
    This is the best music player in the play store...IMHO
    Beautiful interface...devs really seem to enjoy the feedback...and even before the 5 suggestions that got keys it was awesome. Can't wait to see how this one grows up. Winamp keeps coming to mind....
    Keep it up guys..

Hi,

Great application! Really love it.
    The features that I'm missing (or probably can't find) are:
    - Where the playlists are stored
    - How can I explicitly remove single playlist?

Its a really great app i played with the trial alot i wouldnt add much more or take away anything at that
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast