Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Play spam?

Anyone else see this

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Google Play spam?-uploadfromtaptalk1340914132873.jpg  

Default Re: Google Play spam?

looks like some app you have installed is pushing ads to your notification bar. I hate that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Nothing came up in a scan. Clicked it and it opened the app page in Google play.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Google Play spam?-uploadfromtaptalk1340924367339.jpg  

Someone on another forum reported this same notification.

I suggested they download air push detector to find out which app was causing it. Problem is air push detector said no installed apps were using air push.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Sounds like a cat and mouse game. Someone figured out how to fool air push.

Sent from my Jellybeaned Gnex

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

Maybe it's not airpush, but another service that can push notification bar ads. Try Lookout Ad Network Detector (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...out.addetector).
    Thanked by:

Some Go products do this. I had a keyboard theme from them cause it. I'm wondering if Power Master is doing it since that's the only change I've made lately.
    Possum Pete

I'm Not Dead!
    Galaxy Note 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks for the tip but that scan came up negative too.

Have you tried using Addons Detector? It's much better than Airpush Detector.
    "Some see the glass as half-empty, some see the glass as half-full. I see the glass as too big."
    - George Carlin
    Lionfish Apps

ROM
    Stock

I have no idea what's causing your ad, but in Jelly Bean you will be able to long-press a notification and disable all notifications from that application, so that's cool, right?
    http://www.lionfishapps.com/
    Buy Lionfish Apps, support your local college developer!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by NickAVV View Post
    I have no idea what's causing your ad, but in Jelly Bean you will be able to long-press a notification and disable all notifications from that application, so that's cool, right?
    No because I still have Gingerbread.

Do you have GO SMS? It might be a common factor as I get the same issue. I'm just not willing to remove it to find out.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I saw the same.
    Do you have GO Contacts EX installed?
    I suspect the app could show the notification.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I ruled out Go because they have their own store. Why would it take me to Google Play? I haven't seen any ads since that one.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Don't rule out GO, they actually do use push notifications. I was getting it from GO Contacts. Try Addons Detector, it will tell you what the offending app is.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by NickAVV View Post
    Does it also tell you what is that app?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by brendilon View Post
    Don't rule out GO, they actually do use push notifications. I was getting it from GO Contacts. Try Addons Detector, it will tell you what the offending app is.
    Yeah it was go contacts. I can't very well delete Go but out of almost a year using it I've only had one ad. And I trust Go and really like Go contacts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gu1l7y5p4rk View Post
    Do you have GO SMS? It might be a common factor as I get the same issue. I'm just not willing to remove it to find out.

I use Go SMS and never had this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by brendilon View Post
    I have Go SMS, Go Launcher, and Go Locker and never had a push notification. Could it be because I'm rooted and have an ad blocker?

Quote Originally Posted by kamtsa View Post
    Does it also tell you what is that app?
    Yeah, it you long press on a push notification from an app it takes you to that app's details page. So you know exact what app is pushing the notifications. There is a button to disable notification from that app. And there's the uninstall button.

This is definitley a good upgrade. In the words of Google to the development community, "Don't annoy the user."

Quote Originally Posted by Gu1l7y5p4rk View Post

I've used Go launcher and Go SMS FOR A LONG time and didn't get any of these notification pop up, spamlike things.

I'm only on the thread because it just started for me after downloading a ton of educational apps so a simple one or two app narrowing is tough. I'm going to try the various detector apps mentioned here to see if it helps.

Haven't seen that but i did purchase season 2 of Falling Skies thru the play store
    for about 25 bucks (the HD version) and went today to watch the 6th episode
    and they want to charge me $2.99 for it.

WTH!!!!!
    The only thing future proof in electronics is the electricity itself.

dmmarck "I love wiping myself!"

It's only worked on angry birds space but I went into the files via desk top PC and deleted an advertisement folder and removed ads from game...most seem to be hidden within though

Sent from an Optimis Elite powered by Android via Virgin Mobile