Disable stock sms app?

PREvision

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I am now using handcent to receive double sms notifications, one for the stock sms app and one for handecent. Is there a way to disable the stock one?

Thanks, -B

PREvision

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
TY. I guess that was stupid to ask. :)

I also guess that the stock sms will keep running in the background. I wonder if I could shut it down with task manager without killing any processes on handcent.

EVO-lutionary

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
That may be true with Handcent but i dont think so. With Go SMS it explicitly tells you in the tips that you cant remove stock or it wont work anymore.

Staypuft

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I deselected the notifications in the stock sms app as well as fetching.
Combo that with freezing the stock sms app, then kill it. It never runs in the background anymore and handcent works like normal. Dinc

bpdamas

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
TY. I guess that was stupid to ask. :)

I also guess that the stock sms will keep running in the background. I wonder if I could shut it down with task manager without killing any processes on handcent.

That may be true with Handcent but i dont think so. With Go SMS it explicitly tells you in the tips that you cant remove stock or it wont work anymore.

I also believe that Handcent uses the database from the stock messaging app so if you delete the messaging app with root Handcent will no longer work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12