1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Change of email

Hey guys, does anyone know if there is a way to transfer everything from my old email account to my new? Such as apps I've already bought? I had to change gmail accounts because I've graduated school therefore I can no longer use that email. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Bump.

Default Re: Change of email

Why do you have to change Gmail accounts just because you Graduated?

This is almost totally a Google Account issue, and nothing to do with Android.
    See
    and also , both from google help
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

My school has some kind of thing linking with gmail, only its not @gmail.com. its ut.utm.edu

Oh your school probably is using Google Apps. I use that so I can have my own domain address (@myname.com) instead of gmail's (@gmail.com) but it's still gmail functionality. Most businesses that use Google for their email would do that.

When I switched my gmail account, I had to re-buy everything. No way to migrate it that I could find, but that was over a year ago....maybe you'll have better luck.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    Oh your school probably is using Google Apps. I use that so I can have my own domain address (@myname.com) instead of gmail's (@gmail.com) but it's still gmail functionality. Most businesses that use Google for their email would do that.

When I switched my gmail account, I had to re-buy everything. No way to migrate it that I could find, but that was over a year ago....maybe you'll have better luck.
    I called Google and they said I couldn't migrate them. Thanks for the replies though.