Barcode Scanner vs Shopsavvy

marko358

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Is there any difference between the purposes of these 2 apps? Is there one that's even better than these 2?

Thanks in advance.

EVO owner

WAM

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
i like bar code scanner personally seems a lot simpler and shop savy was always running in the background for some reason so +1 for bar code scanner

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't have shop savvy running in the background on my droid. I've tried both, currently using ShopSavvy and seems to be ok although I don't use all that often really.

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I use Shopsavvy because it has
1) Price Alerts. Anything you scan, it uses the GPS to give price comparisons in the local area. Even more, you can save those and have it alert you if the price drops or get to a certain price.
2) Ability to search by inputing Bar Code - in addition to word/phrase input.
3) QR Code support
4) Just a better GUI overall.

TucsonChuck

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I like Shopsavvy the better, But sometimes it will not scan some QR codes and Barcode Scanner will. So I use both Shopsavvy for product research and Barcode Scanner when dealing with QR codes.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
lol I was playing around with shop savvy yesterday, scanned a can of coke zero and it came back as a battery for a vtech house phone!

marko358

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I like Shopsavvy the better, But sometimes it will not scan some QR codes and Barcode Scanner will. So I use both Shopsavvy for product research and Barcode Scanner when dealing with QR codes.

Yeah I had them both too but I was getting the feeling that they were redundant.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I had shopsavvy on my phone since I first got it. It would give ridiculously high prices on things like a box of multigrain cheerios at $7.49 and wouldn't give any local places where it was cheaper. I like the Idea of this app, but not too impressed with how it's worked so far. Is Barcode scanner a little more accurate? I'd like to use an app like one of these, but not if the prices aren't accurate and they can't give other locations to buy everyday items. I uninstalled shopsavvy on my phone.