I'm looking for a robust, powerful *Reminders* app on Android?

Tunnelrunner

Nov 8, 2008
Visit site
Hi all:

For several months, I've been searching for the "Android equivalent" to the iOS reminders app *ALARMED* (by David Mandell of Yoctoville). Basically I'm looking for a reminders app that:

1) Has push notifications (a pop-up window, preferably).

2) Has push notifications that repeat infinitely until you either snooze it or aknowledge it. ALARMED has the "Nag Me" feature - which essentially nags or bugs the user every minute until they acknowledge or snooze the reminder alert. It's great for lazy people and procrastinators. Android apps I've seen so far have notifications which repeat only once every hour.

3) Has robust, advanced repeat options. The ability to customize very specific repeat instructions (ie: "the last Thursday of every month," "every weekday," "the 5th of every month," "every 3 days," etc., etc.).

Like I said, I've been searching for months but haven't had any luck. I'm currently using an iPhone so I don't have access to an Android device of my own; yeah, I've played around with other people's Android phones but it's not the same thing. So I'm hoping that some of the seasoned Android vets around here know of a reminders app that fits my qualifications. Thanks in advance.

Brent
Tunnelrunner@hotmail.com
PS- I apologize if this is a repeat posting...I kept getting message errors the previous 2 attempts to post this.

Dillbits

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I was just wanting to know if you were successful in finding a comparable app to the Yoctoville Alarmed app. I am on the search as well as I use Alarmed many times a day. I am in the process of switching to the Android world. Thanks

Tunnelrunner

Nov 8, 2008
Visit site
I was just wanting to know if you were successful in finding a comparable app to the Yoctoville Alarmed app. I am on the search as well as I use Alarmed many times a day. I am in the process of switching to the Android world. Thanks

Since that time, I ended up buying a Galaxy Note 2 so I really got a chance to explore the various Android alternatives. Anyways, to answer your question, the 2 Android apps that came closest to duplicating Yoctoville's ALARMED (which has been since split into ALARMED and YOCTO CLOCK) are 1) REMIND and 2) CAYNAX. CAYNAX is better for setting alarm clocks, while REMIND is better for daily reminders (it appears to have customization features which are almost as robust as ALARMED).

I've since gone back to using my iphone 5 (I still use the Note 2 on occasion) because ALARMED is simply too important. CAYNAX and REMIND are great apps but ALARMED is still better (if there are other Android apps that have popped up since then, I wouldn't know of them). On Twitter, I've begged David Mandell to port ALARMED over to Android but he's always been reluctant to do so, sadly.

jgvfilho

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Since that time, I ended up buying a Galaxy Note 2 so I really got a chance to explore the various Android alternatives. Anyways, to answer your question, the 2 Android apps that came closest to duplicating Yoctoville's ALARMED (which has been since split into ALARMED and YOCTO CLOCK) are 1) REMIND and 2) CAYNAX. CAYNAX is better for setting alarm clocks, while REMIND is better for daily reminders (it appears to have customization features which are almost as robust as ALARMED).

I've since gone back to using my iphone 5 (I still use the Note 2 on occasion) because ALARMED is simply too important. CAYNAX and REMIND are great apps but ALARMED is still better (if there are other Android apps that have popped up since then, I wouldn't know of them). On Twitter, I've begged David Mandell to port ALARMED over to Android but he's always been reluctant to do so, sadly.

Tunnelrunner and Dillbits, Please I need help, did you solved it?

Tunnelrunner

Nov 8, 2008
Visit site
Tunnelrunner and Dillbits, Please I need help, did you solved it?

Check out N'4GET. I was playing around with it in August of last year (after someone else had recommended it). It's the closest thing Android has to ALARMED that I've seen. There may be more since but I haven't kept up to be honest.

Last edited:

jgvfilho

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Check out N'4GET. I was playing around with it in August of last year (after someone else had recommended it). It's the closest thing Android has to ALARMED that I've seen. There may be more since but I haven't kept up to be honest.

TunneIrunner,
Thanks for help!
I found a app that snooze itens from google calendar.
It's good and you can preset snooze timers. I liked.
The name is Calendar Snooze from bitfire.

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Why not just set a reminder in your calendar? Or, I use "Ok Google" for reminders. Easy-peasy.

Hi all:

For several months, I've been searching for the "Android equivalent" to the iOS reminders app *ALARMED* (by David Mandell of Yoctoville). Basically I'm looking for a reminders app that:

1) Has push notifications (a pop-up window, preferably).

2) Has push notifications that repeat infinitely until you either snooze it or aknowledge it. ALARMED has the "Nag Me" feature - which essentially nags or bugs the user every minute until they acknowledge or snooze the reminder alert. It's great for lazy people and procrastinators. Android apps I've seen so far have notifications which repeat only once every hour.

3) Has robust, advanced repeat options. The ability to customize very specific repeat instructions (ie: "the last Thursday of every month," "every weekday," "the 5th of every month," "every 3 days," etc., etc.).

Like I said, I've been searching for months but haven't had any luck. I'm currently using an iPhone so I don't have access to an Android device of my own; yeah, I've played around with other people's Android phones but it's not the same thing. So I'm hoping that some of the seasoned Android vets around here know of a reminders app that fits my qualifications. Thanks in advance.

Brent
Tunnelrunner@hotmail.com
PS- I apologize if this is a repeat posting...I kept getting message errors the previous 2 attempts to post this.

SnowSanta

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Any.do is alsof worth a try. Gives you push notifications, which you van disable/snooze or mark as done.

Posted via the Android Central App

mulquinaaron

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I have read all your post ant got your requirements, use this reminder android application:
To-do Calendar, Planner, Any. Do, Remember the Milk, Wunderlist - To-do & Task List.

Shirka-Lika

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi, after a month of searching - i finally found the most similar app on android replacing the magical "alarmed". It goes by the bizzare name DGT GTD (something like "Get It Done" or something) and it's rea-lly good

Cheers:)

Bari Javed

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi
Try Just Reminder. I have shifted long ago on Android but still keep iphone for Alarmed reminder app. Yoctoville is genious but not ready to come on android. Busy feeding his dog only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol