1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default An app to keep all your Membership cards

A friend showed me an iPhone app that held all his membership cards (Costco, Kroger, Borders, etc), including the bar code for scanning. A search of App Brain found some mediocre apps.

Anyone know of one they recommend for Android?

Thanks!

I would like to know this, too!
    JF

Here ya go.

THis is the one I use and I am pretty satisfied with it.

+1 for KeyRing. I love this app, I've never had a problem with it.

Good idea but it is kinda embarrassing when you whip out your phone for them to scan and no matter what they can not get it to read the barcode. Two different apps would not work. I know they could read off the number but thats not really the point of the app.

ROM
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

yeah I've had problems scanning key ring on my Incredible too - so I got rid of it
    ~Paul
    HTC ReZound
    HP Touchpad w/ CM7 Alpha 3
    Vignette (The BEST camera app) review

I don't see how switching apps helps. Either the scanner can scan your screen or it can't. An app won't change your screen's inherent characteristics. Though some barcode scanners seem to work better than others. See if the cashier can try the handheld scanner to see if it helps.

Personally, I just use the option to supply my phone number in cases where I even want to deal with these ridiculous store card programs. Ideally, I just avoid such stores. Can't wait for the HEB in my neighborhood so I can stop bothering with Kroger.

Global Posts
    1,294 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I use cardstar, which has a setting that cranks up the brightness when ou choose a card. This seems to help in letting the scanners read the barcode.

The scanner problem is due to the glass on your device. The laser scanners (Hand scanners) tend to have problems, while the optical scanners (the flat type) can usually read them just fine. At the very least I have my numbers readily available without tons of cards/keychain thingys.

It also helps to turn down the screen brightness to low and obviously give your screen a good wipe. The handheld scanners work much better as well.

Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    It also helps to turn down the screen brightness to low and obviously give your screen a good wipe. The handheld scanners work much better as well.
    Just FYI: You can adjust the brightness for each card individually in Key Ring.
    Systems Analyst by trade, drummer by desire and music lover by birth.
    A self proclaimed geek and gadget nut. ii <--Drum sticks

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

+1 for Cardstar. I've found that it works great and haven't had a problem scanning. I used to have it on my Blackberry and I'm happy I found it for android.

I used Cardstar on my iPhone for over a year and was pretty satisfied. Now I'm using Cardstar on my EVO and in my experience the hand held scanners have always worked better than the flatbed ones. I'd like to hear more opinions, so maybe we can figure out a way to get better results.

Remember, if you have problems with scanning, you always have the code number printed bellow the barcode that can be entered manually by you or the cashier.

So brightness up or down to get a decent scan of the card? I just downloaded the app and they couldnt swipe using a handheld at Blockbuster and a flat at a grocery store.

Never mind I just read on KeyRing to turn it all the way down.

If you get it to work like that please let us know.
    Systems Analyst by trade, drummer by desire and music lover by birth.
    A self proclaimed geek and gadget nut. ii <--Drum sticks

don't most stores use your phone number these days so you don't have to carry around that silly card anymore?

i'm a minimalist and don't shop much regardless.

Default Re: An app to keep all your Membership cards

Quote Originally Posted by JF View Post

Here ya go.

THis is the one I use and I am pretty satisfied with it.
    Another vote for key ring. It even has a widget for your home screen.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    My phone is....Incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    don't most stores use your phone number these days so you don't have to carry around that silly card anymore?

Yea, but sometimes the phone number doesnt get recognized and they end up putting in a store card for you.

Costco and Sam's Club, just to name a few...they want the card. Neither use "store cards" as they are membership warehouses.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post

EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g

I just scanned my Costco and Foodland cards for a test on the morrow.
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g