- 9 Posts
Please support these recommendations for Swype improvements :)
I have a lot of experience tinkering with and advising developers of various input methods on mobile devices. Just started using Swype and am excited by the potential!
I posted some recommendations on their site that I think would greatly improve Swype. If you agree, please vote them up! (You don't have to log in to vote )
- AutoText / Text Expander [[I just added a comment to this one but was going to post something like it myself!]]
- Additional symbols/punctuation available by drag!
- Improved word correction window word selection
- Easier access to alternate keyboards
- Direct access to hyphen & asterisk in SYM keyboard!
- Making Swype button more understandable and versatile...
- Ability to toggle on/off Swyping easily (hear me out!)
- Cursor jump with arrows isn't working in this version
- 06-25-2010, 02:16 AM #2
- 06-25-2010, 02:25 AM #3
The major problem areas for me in Swype are:
- Ability to input symbols such as question mark, apostrophe, hyphen (I love the way HTC_IME handles it, but Swype slows me down and I can't get the hang of the Swype method)
- Ability to input numbers (the staggered numbers in Swype are confusing, and I find it much easier to do in HTC_IME)
- Entering URLs (it seems entering URLs often fails because the keyboard is attempting to put together works.
- No voice input button on the keyboard
Last edited by superflush; 06-25-2010 at 02:31 AM.
- 06-25-2010, 09:06 AM #4
- 06-26-2010, 03:01 AM #5
- 06-27-2010, 10:19 PM #6
I love this app, but the weird thing is, highlighting a word and hitting the swype key no longer prompts me with the option to delete it, so I've got some stupid words that I accidentally added that I wish I could remove and just can't anyone know if that is a bug or I somehow changed an option somewhere that I can't seem to find.
totally agree with the punctuation thing that's so annoying right now, I'm using the mic more and more so the voice texting easier would be good, I use it when driving.