Voice Search Widgets?

midwestfx

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
So I did a little search before posting this, but I didn't really find what I was looking for.

I was just curious if anyone had come across a widget for voice search? I know that there is one built into the OS in the Google Search Widget, but personally I feel that it looks flat and un-interesting. I was looking around in the market, I wasn't able find any other widget that would initiate a voice search. There are plenty of widgets for wifi and bluetooth toggles, but none for voice search? I just want something that is 1x1 or 1x2.

Anyone have any ideas, or know of one in development?

Thanks in advance!

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
can you explain why you feel you need a widget for this? what phone do you have? on the incredible, you just have to press and hold down the soft search button for a second to activate voice search. why would you need a widget for something that is already available at your fingertips (literally)?

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
can you explain why you feel you need a widget for this? what phone do you have? on the incredible, you just have to press and hold down the soft search button for a second to activate voice search. why would you need a widget for something that is already available at your fingertips (literally)?

I think this works for all Android phones. And besides, the standard google search widget has a litte button for voice.

midwestfx

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Whoops, guess I didn't realize that holding the "search" button when held for a short period auto popped the voice search. I just don't like the way the google search widget looks. I think it's bland and I don't like that it takes up 4 spaces on the screen. But now that I know I can do it with a long press, I'm good. Thanks folks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae