1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Twitter app contact sync broken

Contact sync is broken, I tried uninstalling and installing the app, on nexus one 2.1 update 1 ATT version, I also installed today froyo where I cant uninstall the app so I forced stopped I played around with the other sync options but there is no way to get it to sync contacts, and this worked before, I changed the SIM card and when I placed back the original one, it broke, and I cant get it to work again, thanks

Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This is still an issue for me as well (which is why I'm bumping back up the thread). Contact syncing using Twitter for Android is not working. Anyone out there that does have it working still? Maybe we can pinpoint it down to OS versions and/or devices that are specifically having the issue.
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom

I'm experiencing this in addition to not being able to view my followers and following lists. The best thing to do at this point is open a ticket on Twitter's support website and explain what is going on. I'm still awaiting a response regarding these issues.

I'd get Twidroyd PRO or some other client, but I loved the "contact sync" feature found in the official app... when it worked.

Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rayzaname View Post
    I'm experiencing this in addition to not being able to view my followers and following lists. The best thing to do at this point is open a ticket on Twitter's support website and explain what is going on. I'm still awaiting a response regarding these issues.

I'd get Twidroyd PRO or some other client, but I loved the "contact sync" feature found in the official app... when it worked.
    I had been using Twidroid Pro (yes, I still call it Twidroid ) but decided I wanted the contact syncing. So I had never had it working since I didn't use it before the issue started happening. But what is really weird is that I rebooted my phone last night around midnight and when it booted back up, my Twitter contacts synced. I was able to then manually join the contacts that didn't auto-sync. But what was really weird was that my Accounts & Sync screen still shows that Twitter has yet to sync successfully. It won't even acknowledge that it went through last night. So as far as my phone thinks, I have yet to have a successful Twitter contact sync even though I did last night. But it has failed at every manual sync attempt since.
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom