Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: [HOW-TO] Guide to Global Badge Notifications

@ Tobias:
    It works on my Nexus 4 running 4.2.2 as well.

Make sure it's enabled in Accessibility Settings?
    Do you have other Apps listed in Accessibility Settings?

And you're using:
    -Nova Launcher Prime
    -Tesla Unread Count
    -MissedIt
    Correct?
    tgp

Global Posts
    1,778 Global Posts

I just set this up on my Nexus 4, and it works great! I have one question: I have 2 gmail account configured in the gmail app, and one icon. I'm wondering if it's possible to set unique badge styles and/or positions based on which account receives the notification. For example, a notification for puts the badge on the upper right corner, but a notification for puts it on the lower right corner.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

I have one question: I have 2 gmail account configured in the gmail app, and one icon. I'm wondering if it's possible to set unique badge styles and/or positions based on which account receives the notification.
    Not that I know of, nope...Maybe something for a future update.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Can you guys stop making me spend money? haha I just got this setup and it works with Maildroid Pro.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Quote Originally Posted by ctt1wbw View Post
    Can you guys stop making me spend money?
    Ya, the whole setup (Nova Launcher Prime, WidgetLocker & MissedIt) costs about 10$ but IMO definitely worth it given the functionality & convenience it provides.

It's the first thing I setup on all my Android devices, really can't go without 'em!

It still stuns me that the supposed greatest OS in the world doesn't provide this functionality out of the box.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Quote Originally Posted by ctt1wbw View Post
    It still stuns me that the supposed greatest OS in the world doesn't provide this functionality out of the box.
    Might be "owned" by Apple though...
    At least it's doable.

I actually just finished getting the notification counter and noticed these icons on the bottom left of my home screen that I can't delete or move or anything. They're like stuck there and I was wondering if you knew how I could get rid of them?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Quote Originally Posted by Lukas Milo View Post
    noticed these icons on the bottom left of my home screen that I can't delete or move or anything.
    Do you mean the icons for:
    -Nova Launcher
    -Tesla Unread Count
    -an Android icon

If so, not sure why that happened but it's most likely not related to Badge Notifications whatsoever just unfortunate/coincidental timing.
    That being said, the Android icon is usually when the icon associated to it gets corrupted for one reason or another so try rebooting.
    If that doesn't fix it, try moving everything (excluding those 3 of course) to another Homescreen page & delete that page.
    Last edited by Lanhoj; 05-12-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Question Re: [HOW-TO] Guide to Global Badge Notifications

Hey, I tried it and it doesn't work, would i need the payed version of Nova Launcher Prime for this to work? Is there no FREE version? Thank you in-advance.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Quote Originally Posted by Jahan Uddn View Post
    would i need the payed version of Nova Launcher Prime for this to work?
    Yes, you need the paid version of Nova Launcher for it to work on your Homescreens - it won't work with just the free version.

To work on your Homescreens you need:
    -Nova Launcher
    -Nova Launcher Prime
    -Tesla Unread Count
    -MissedIt

To work on your Lockscreen you need:
    -WidgetLocker
    -Tesla Unread Count
    -MissedIt

If you have both Nova Launcher Prime & WidgetLocker - using Tesla Unread Count & MissedIt will allow them to be displayed on your Homescreens & Lockscreen simultaneously without a problem.
    Last edited by Lanhoj; 05-14-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Thank you Lanhoj! Just out of curiosity - Is there no alternative free versions at the moment? As I am waiting till Google I/O finishes just incase android implements this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Quote Originally Posted by Jahan Uddn View Post
    Is there no alternative free versions at the moment?
    GO Launcher I think but it's only for very few Apps that they select - last time I checked was about a half dozen Apps if that.
    My way works for virtually ALL Apps that produce a Notification in the StatusBar.

Don't count on Google implementing it...but if they did that would definitely be awesome!
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Might also be worth noting that Badge Notifications also work on Apps docked within WidgetLocker's Left Bezel:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [HOW-TO] Guide to Global Badge Notifications-1371869107676.jpg  
    Last edited by Lanhoj; 07-12-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Hi I downloaded Nova Prime and Missed It and when I get a new notification I get a badge notification on my icon. However, is there a way to keep the number of unread emails on the badge Icon. For example, if I have 10 unread emails and I get an 11th one the badge will show 11. When I open the email app and read one email and then close the app, the badge is not longer there. Is there a way to keep the badge with the icon annd show 10 because I still have 10 unread emails?

Thanks
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Quote Originally Posted by ericp9268 View Post
    when I get a new notification I get a badge notification on my icon. However, is there a way to keep the number of unread emails on the badge Icon.
    That will depend on the App you use for EMail.
    The native GMail for example works that way but others I've tried do it.
    It's likely due to how the App itself tracks Notifications since most weren't designed to be used in this way.

However, apparently Android 4.3 will have a built-in setting for "Notifiers" which theoretically could allow for it to work the way you described regardless of the EMail client you use.
    In the meantime I'd recommend you contact the Dev of the EMail App you want to act this way (informing them of the discrepancies between theirs & GMail's) to see if they can implement it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Just a heads up for those interested & with a device running Android 4.3...
    The MissedIt Dev this week started a Google+ Community & plans to release a BETA soon with support for Android 4.3's new Notification Listener system.

Link-->

Hi.
    thanks for your amazing solution.
    but it not work properly with "Nova Luncher Prime 2.1.1" and "Missed it 4.0.5".
    it's unstable and only work's when phone started, and when you open "Missed it" app, Badge's are gone for ever (Or new change's in count's (for ex : miss call from 2 to 3)).

please tel if you find any solution's.

thanks in advance.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammad Boss View Post
    Hi.
    thanks for your amazing solution.
    but it not work properly with "Nova Luncher Prime 2.1.1" and "Missed it 4.0.5"...
    That's weird I don't have a problem on any of the versions of Nova.
    Have you tried the most recent BETA 2.2.2 available on the Nova Launcher Google+ BETA Community?

What's your device & OS version?
    Rooted/ROM?

Also, do you have a MissedIt Widget or are you just using it for the Shared Elements portion?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    That's weird I don't have a problem on any of the versions of Nova.
    Have you tried the most recent BETA 2.2.2 available on the Nova Launcher Google+ BETA Community?

What's your device & OS version?
    Rooted/ROM?

Also, do you have a MissedIt Widget or are you just using it for the Shared Elements portion?

no i don't test 2.2 BETA.
    i am on CM 10.1 for Xperia Ray.

and i don't create any widget by Missed it and just using it for shared elements,

it's OK until i don't open "Missed it" app, but when i reopen "Missed it" badges are gone until i restarting Phone or badges numbers changes (new miss-call or new message or etc.)

what's your current Nova and Missed it version you have on your Phone.?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammad Boss View Post
    ...i don't create any widget by Missed it and just using it for shared elements
    As I said earlier on in the Thread - using it solely for Badge Notifications (through Shared Elements) isn't how the App was designed to work but just a happy side-effect, so if you're having problems, try creating a Widget tracking the same Apps.
    If you don't want to see the Widget, shrink it to 1X1 & hide it anywhere, even in an unused Dock page.

I'm using:
    Nexus 4 - Stock/Unrooted - 4.3
    Nova - 2.2.2
    MissedIt - 4.0.5

First of all THANK YOU! Badge notifications was the thing I was missing the most having switched from iphone a couple of weeks ago...

I've got everything now set up like on your original post and it works great, but now my phone also speaks! When I check or uncheck email or pictures for example.... any idea how to turn that off?

Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Quote Originally Posted by lauraepv View Post
    ...I've got everything now set up like on your original post and it works great, but now my phone also speaks!...
    Sure thing, Laura.
    That's a known Samsung issue with pretty much all Apps that use Accessibility Services.
    To stop it from talking:
    Settings--> Accessibility--> Install web scripts--> Not allowed

That should fix the problem.
    Thanked by:

Can't find the install web scripts on my settings under accesibiity, what am I missing?

nevermind, it stopped! thanks
    Last edited by lauraepv; 08-03-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Hey @Lanhoj!

Quick Q... Missed It working fine with Tesla + WidgetLocket + Nova Prime - only problem is that now my Gmail badge icon is reset back to 0. When I get a new email, it will up as '1', but it's like it doesn't acknowledge the rest of my unread email. Any ideas?

(Also have it set as a widget. Worked fine before with just Nova Prime + Tesla)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast