Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #76  

Default Re: [HOW-TO] Guide to Global Badge Notifications

In case Devs are reading this...
    If you want to implement Global Badge Notifications (Unread # on all Apps that produce Notifications) without creating your own code, the Dev of "Missed It" just released a tutorial for Devs to hook into his App->

A couple other Apps (Nova Launcher & Launcher8 ) already hook into Missed It! & it works great!

To Users of Launchers that don't support GLOBAL Badge Notifications, feel free to point their Devs to the link above.
    Global Badge Notifications in my opinion is something all Launchers should offer as an option, so this could hopefully be a step towards that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #77  

***ANNOUNCEMENT***

Glovebox now also supports MissedIt! as of Glovebox version 3.2.32

It's currently in testing, so to get the BETA, you'll need to be part of the Google+ BETA Community for Glovebox-->

Once you've got the update, to activate Global Badge Notifications, within Glovebox, go to Settings--> Unread Count--> Provider--> MissedIt!
    Then, whatever App you've got docked within Glovebox will show a Badge Notification!

Just be sure that the App you want tracked on Glovebox is also in MissedIt's "Shared Elements" section.
    Last edited by Lanhoj; 02-24-2014 at 07:56 PM.

From the first paragraph, it seems like Android does offer badges for the basic apps (SMS/ Gmail/ Missed Calls). I've had only iPhones for the last 4 years, so I'm missing the badges desperately. However, I only really want them for texts and emails. I've got the all new HTC One M8. Is there a way I can have badges for just SMS/ Gmail/ calls? I've searched in the internet for hours, but all I can find is info on global badges. Thanks!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  

Quote Originally Posted by ashaux View Post
    ...I've got the all new HTC One M8. Is there a way I can have badges for just SMS/ Gmail/ calls?...
    First off, congrats on the M8 - great looking phone!

As to your question, it'll depend on the Launcher.
    Many OEM Launchers support SMS/Calls/EMail however just for their built-in Apps.
    I'm unfamiliar with the one used on the M8, but likely, no, unfortunately. Not if you use the stock Sense Launcher.
    Nova Launcher & many others do if all you want is the 3 Apps you named if you don't want to use the method I outlined requiring "Missed It!".

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Ah. Well, I'll give one of those launchers a try. It's all incredibly new to me, but I'm still glad I made the switch. Even without the badges, I love the M8. Thank you for your help!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234