Good for Enterprise

toiz

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I have Good for Enterprise for corporate email. Since installing, my phone is running 100% of the time (it doesn't sleep). The battery history indicates that partial wake usage for Good is virtually equivalent to the uptime of the phone.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is anyone aware of a workaround, fix, or planned fix?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like a question for Good.

Are there any settings in Good that might affect network useage, frequency of polling, or anything like that?

barrysanders20

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Everyone I know that has Goodlink in general hates it, regardless of the mobile platform. I think the problem you're stating is that the "push" is constantly checking for mail. Is there any setting for that?

toiz

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes, there is a setting to work 'offline'. However, the Good mobile application still keeps the phone awake.

Google mail is push and it doesn't need to keep the phone awake, so I think there's something else going on here.

mansouan

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have Good and I don't have a problem with the screen staying on. Sounds like you need to uninstall and reinstall (I haven't installed the most recent update as I read some bad comments). Having said that...

Not a solution you are going to like but I find that the 3G connection is fast enough that I just have Advanced Task Killer kill Good every 30 minutes and I relaunch it and connect whenever I want to check email. I find that I only have to wait 10-15 seconds while it launches and syncs.

Even with my BB, I didn't need to be notified every time a new email came in at work. So, I figured it was fine to have Good sync only when I wanted to check email.

toiz

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
The screen doesn't stay on. The partial wake usage is equivalent to the uptime which shouldn't happen (and the phone is running 100% of the time which means it's eating battery when it should be sleeping).

I thought about using a task killer, but I've been killing Good, and it's restarting a few seconds later.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Good is a notorious phone killer.. We were running it (luckily we're migrating to ActiveSync).. Treos, WinMo, Android, any phone we ran it on, had horrible battery life until it was removed..

slideways

May 18, 2010
Visit site
This is a known issue with Good and Sense UI. It's all over the Be Good forums. I also run Good and have the same issue with the phone "sleeping".

mansouan

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I highly recommend a task killer regardless of whether you are using Good for Enterprise or not. However, the other posters here are absolutely right: GFE is a complete battery hog and can kill my Evo in about 4-5 hours.

I manually kill it using Advanced Task Killer after every use (and I have Advanced Task Killer scheduled to kill almost all other apps every 30 minutes). With a 1Ghz proc, it is not like I have to wait more than a 1-2 seconds for an app to start anyhow so I aggressively manage battery consumption. And, again, as I stated above, with a 3G (and even more so on a 4G connection) Good takes about 15-30 seconds to download 20 or so emails from my corporate server.

Hey, the alternative is I use a blackberry which syncs everything in realtime (not that I need that - I'm an i banker not a surgeon) but I have limited ability to do other cool stuff with my phone.