Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    ROM
    InsertCoin 1.1.1

Default Accessing shared folders on WiFi?

I've been wondering ever since I got my Desire if there's a way for me to access the shared folders on the computers in home network and pull files down to the phone from there. Being able to transfer music, video, apks and other things without hooking the phone up directly to the computer would be very convenient.

E strong file explorer in lan mode.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Astro file manager has an additional module that you can install that allows you to connect to windows shares. Has worked well for me.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    ROM
    InsertCoin 1.1.1

Tried Estrong, working brilliantly. Cheers guys!

Quote Originally Posted by kmax View Post
    Astro file manager has an additional module that you can install that allows you to connect to windows shares. Has worked well for me.
    I keep getting a smbexception error. How did you setup your connection?
    BEACH BUM

ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

I am not sure if this will help since I have a droid x (probably similar). Go to "files" folder in the apps section>shared folders>add server> select your CP (you will be asked for user name and password). All files visible on your computer from there. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Babalu View Post
    I am not sure if this will help since I have a droid x (probably similar). Go to "files" folder in the apps section>shared folders>add server> select your CP (you will be asked for user name and password). All files visible on your computer from there. Hope that helps.

Is this in Astro? I don't see a "files" folder in Astro. Thanks.
    BEACH BUM

ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by Flavy View Post
    Is this in Astro? I don't see a "files" folder in Astro. Thanks.
    On my Droid X if you go to the "apps" section, there is a folder named "files" that is where it is located. It is a file manager, where the phone stores files. There you will also see an icon called "shared folders". Again, mine is a Droid X and it has this feature. I am assuming your phone has something very similar.

Edit: Make sure Wi-fi is on.
    Last edited by Ricky Babalu; 10-22-2010 at 12:32 PM.

I don't think I have this option on the Incredible. I don't see a folder named "files" any where in the System Settings Menu.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    ROM
    InsertCoin 1.1.1

No HTC phones come pre-loaded with a file manager as far as I'm aware. Even in Ricky's case it may be something his carrier has added, but don't quote me on that as I know too little about Motorola phones.