Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

Default Is there a calendar out there that can do this?

Is there any way at all I can set a recurring event to happen once every OTHER month? I know that visiting my Google calendar online will allow me an option like this, but why won't my phone?

I'm looking for one that will let me do a recurring every eight days. I can't for the life of me figure out why they design the calenders with such limited options.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

There's a Calendar app called Jorte which does this and MUCH more!!! Great Widgets as well...

Quote Originally Posted by geek404 View Post
    There's a Calendar app called Jorte which does this and MUCH more!!! Great Widgets as well...
    No it does not do this at all. You would have to enter in the event each time on the date you wanted the event to happen. It will not automatically allow you to choose-Repeat every "X" Days, Weeks, Months, ETC.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Yes - It does.

When creating new event - press on "Show Details" - there you will see the options for Description, Location, Repetition, and reminders....

Please use the app fully before making comments.

It actually doesn't do what eazy123 is asking.

Jorte will allow you to do: daily, weekly, monthly (on the day, or the date number), or yearly

It will not however let you do every 8 days, or everyother month.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

Does google calendar allow you to do this? If it does, you can set it there and it will just show up....unless you're planning on doing this type of scheduling often from your phone
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

Yeah, Google calendar will do it. I think that's kind of ridiculous that Google calendar can do this but Android's own calendar, which SYNCS with Google calendar, can't. Doesn't make a lot of sense.
    Last edited by Eazy123; 07-01-2010 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geek404 View Post
    Yes - It does.

When creating new event - press on "Show Details" - there you will see the options for Description, Location, Repetition, and reminders....
    Ok, I've looked everywhere for Show Details and am just not seeing it. I want to set up a weekly appointment.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

I love Jorte but the only setting I can't find is biweekly. Am I missing something?
    Curve 8330 >>> Storm 9550 >>> HTC Incredible

Quote Originally Posted by schatze17 View Post
    Ok, I've looked everywhere for Show Details and am just not seeing it. I want to set up a weekly appointment.

Ok, figured it out. I was using the Jorte calendar instead of the Google calendar. I was hoping to find something better than the Google calendar, not a fan of it.

Quote Originally Posted by schatze17 View Post
    Tap "New Event" In the window that pops up, at the bottom left, just above the "Done" button, there's blue text that says "Show Details." Tap it.

Quote Originally Posted by gmz73 View Post
    I love Jorte but the only setting I can't find is biweekly. Am I missing something?
    Nope. Not an option, unfortunately. Have you looked at Pure Calendar? (I haven't, yet, but it's supposed to be very flexible.)

I'm waiting for the developer of Datebk 6 for Palm, and Pimilcal for Windows, to get Pimlical working on Android. I expect that will be by far the best calendar program.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

I really like IRT Calendar. The Pro version is in development (hopefully to be released soon) and will supposedly have scheduling flexibility and many other features very similar to DateBk.

Whoever gets there first (Pimlico or IRT) gets my cash. I'll happily pay real money for a calendar that gives me what I need (and so far, I've found none that do).
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

You can use the desktop Skyfire version of the page and add from the phone.

Default Gemini Calendar

I have been wanting to make recurring appointments using # of days also. I just found the Gemini Calendar on the Market and it does # days/weeks/months, etc. Syncs with all calendars. Very flexible and pretty (and free!). I also prefer the Gemini widget over the bulky stock calendar widget.

Default IRT Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy123 View Post
    Is there any way at all I can set a recurring event to happen once every OTHER month? I know that visiting my Google calendar online will allow me an option like this, but why won't my phone?
    I'm not a fan of having to pay before I use a program, but buying it from the Market with a 24hr money back plan is a no brainer and it works (I've returned a couple of apps and received my full refund). Now on to the calendar. IRT with the Pro add on works the way you want. I was a little underwhelmed by most of the calendars and the built in calendar of 2.2 was looking pretty good, but I took the plunge and tried IRT.

It's not an end all do all calendar, but it's as close as I can get so far. You'll wind up spending right at $8 for all the features, but I think they are worth it in the long run. So far it's done everything I've asked it to do and if you don't like it, you can always uninstall within the 24hr period and you get a full refund.

Hope this helps.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Take a look at Gemini Calendar. It will let you set recurrence every x months on either (for example) the first Monday, or on the 4th of that month, or you could do every 8 weeks on Monday. Repeats are very flexible.

Keith