1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default facetime equivalent?

Hi I'm new to the modern android I had one along time ago and have since been stuck with a iPhone. I just got my brand new galaxy s3 and was wondering if there was an equivalent to face time for my phone besides Skype

If you and some one else has an ics android phone you can use gtalk and video chat.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: facetime equivalent?

I have deleted Google talk from my S3 in error. It does not appear to be available at the play store :-(
    I read some talk about Google needing it with hangout/Google plus, so maybe it has been withdrawn :-(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Edit: this is for windoze...

There is also an app called Skype... It was around LONG before Face Time and works well on many devices, even when only connected via 3G...

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

What is the facetime equivalent for galaxy S3?

Default facetime equivalent?

Quote Originally Posted by btrump0520 View Post
    What is the facetime equivalent for galaxy S3?
    As mentioned, Gtalk and Skype work fine. There is no real FaceTime equivalent since FaceTime only works between apple devices and Android isn't that limited . Gtalk and Skype will let you video chat to anyone on any device )both Android and iOS devices as well as PCs and Macs), assuming both parties have it installed and activated.

mayesha

hi i am new n how r u all?

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    As mentioned, Gtalk and Skype work fine. There is no real FaceTime equivalent since FaceTime only works between apple devices and Android isn't that limited . Gtalk and Skype will let you video chat to anyone on any device )both Android and iOS devices as well as PCs and Macs), assuming both parties have it installed and activated.
    And even better, you're not locked to Wi-Fi using Skype at least, like you are with FaceTime (unless you're jailbroken). And there's always Google Hangouts, if you can convince the other parties to try it out.

Cheers!
    ----------
    Cheers!

My kids like Oovoo because it works on both Apple and Android.

U can try Tango. I've been using it for years it's a great video calling app and it's free

Posted via Android Central App