1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Voice SMS Integration

Has anyone used this app? The long description for the app states that the application requires root, yet the recent change log description states support for non rooted devices.

Has anyone used this app on a non rooted device? Also.... Do peeps like this app?, does it work well?

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Google Voice SMS Integration

Love, love, love the app! Works great, extremely reliable. Only time it gets wonky is if someone sends 2 texts in a row/really-long text (sometimes 2nd half is delivered to SMS db before first).

I'm rooted, so I can't answer your question about how it might work on a non-rooted device.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Is that different from the built-in voice reader (lil microphone on the keyboard left of space bar)

You can speak into any time you would normally type
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

So.... I'll just answer my own post here. I just took the plunge & purchased the app. It works phenomenally on a stock, non-rooted Galaxy S3.

Tried the free app and it worked pretty well. I bought the app yesterday and worked awesomely until today. Nothing is working right with it. App is currently set to send from GV for certain contacts and main number for the rest. App won't acknowledge the GV contacts and sends from main number for all. I set it to ask for other contacts, but will ask for all, despite me always asking. Notifications also don't work. Only way I know I have a message is either looking at the messaging app or the screen will turn on for a few seconds. Am using the stock messaging app. Running JB 4.1.1 on a rooted Gnex. Any ideas on what to do? I emailed the dev and am waiting on a response.

I am not getting any push notifications. I get nothing when not on wifi.

I don't use this app, but but I use the official Google voice application for all of my testing. I am I just set it as the default application and then use the stock sms app for stuff that Google voice doesn't support, and like checking bank account, red box rental codes, etc. But I personally can't see $5 for an app that doesn't do much more than the official and still requires the official to be installed... Just me though.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by jimates View Post
    I am not getting any push notifications. I get nothing when not on wifi.
    What is the model of your phone? Also, what application are you using to send & receive the text messages?

I also don't get push notifications. I'm on a Nexus 4.

I know this is an old thread but what the hell.

I'm rooted and bought the app.

The app receives messages fine, but the only time the send from my GV number actually works is when I reply via the pop up that the Integrate app puts up. The app will also work perfectly fine is I'm using GoSMSPro, but the whole point was to use the stock app.

Any thoughts?

If you have sprint you can naturally integrate them so you don't need a second program.

Are you able to send/receive mms messages using this app?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by lacrosse996 View Post
    I know this is an old thread but what the hell.

I'm rooted and bought the app.

The app receives messages fine, but the only time the send from my GV number actually works is when I reply via the pop up that the Integrate app puts up. The app will also work perfectly fine is I'm using GoSMSPro, but the whole point was to use the stock app.

Any thoughts?
    I never had this issue.... I was able to send and receive through the stock app. The settings are set to always use GV as the default though. Are you set to only reply based on the # you received the text from?, maybe that has something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sdchargers12 View Post
    Are you able to send/receive mms messages using this app?
    MMS no at least I couldn't figure it out but if its integrated through your phone you can use your stock messenger app or a 3rd party one and it routs through data.