Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #226  

Default Re: Music Player (Remix) - Public beta is now open!

Here's the demo video I'll be posting in the Play Store:

Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)
    Quick Post: The quick way to post to Twitter & Facebook (Google Play Store)
    Thanked by 2:
    IcebergMike and niteNarmor like this.

Jusl dl, will check this out

Sent from my SGH-T889

Great app.
    Needs some kind of visulizer
    If it had that old winamp avs I think it was. Man if I could program my own. Or port r4, id buy this, and I rairly buy apps.

I like the look. Needs some glossing.
    For beta its fine
    Seems a little recource hoggy.

Sent from my SGH-T889

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Default Re: Music Player (Remix) - App is in the Play Store!

would you please put in a direction link? search :-)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #230  

Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    would you please put in a direction link? search :-)
    When I have something to post, I will.
    Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #231  

I'm very happy and excited to announce that Music Player (Remix) is now live in the Google Play Store! You can find it here:

The 14-day free, fully-functional trial version will be found at this link:

Thank you for everyone who helped me beta test the app, especially those who've been testing since the private beta. I really appreciate all the help.

If you pick up the app, be sure to leave a review in the Play Store. All reviews are much appreciated!
    Thanked by 4:
    hape, xlDeMoNiClx and niteNarmor like this.

Default Re: Music Player (Remix) - Now live in the Play Store!

Congratulations, it's a great app. I hope it's a hit for you. It should be. I just downloaded it and gave a 5 star review.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    DanPLC 
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #233  

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    Congratulations, it's a great app. I hope it's a hit for you. It should be. I just downloaded it and gave a 5 star review.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Thanks I appreciate it.

Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid JB, CM9 Alpha2

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I've double-checked all my source directories and verified the old icon is gone. So it's your TouchPad causing the issue. I wager that if you deleted and re-installed the app, it would work fine.
    I purchased and installed from the Play Store and all the icons are fine now. Congratulations on the release.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
    CM-REMIX 4.4.2 VZW Galaxy Nexus - CM11 HP TouchPad
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #235  

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I purchased and installed from the Play Store and all the icons are fine now. Congratulations on the release.
    Cool thanks. I'm glad they are because I really don't have to rebuild it today. Such a pain!

Global Posts
    572 Global Posts

I'm very happy and excited to announce that Music Player (Remix) is now live in the Google Play Store! You can find it here:
    Thanks Dan for all the work and making Remix available on Android after I had to quit webOS. I bought it some seconds ago for the third time

HaPe

Global Posts
    572 Global Posts

Hi Dan,

the final app has, as expected, an other appID as the beta version. Could you please add the text "Beta" to the title of the next beta version that we see on the launcher witch one is the beta version. Thanks in advance

HaPe

Global Posts
    572 Global Posts

Hi Dan,

I'm right that the Flylist are missing at the moment? On the webos version I could add an Artist or a Genre to a Flylist and the Playlist was created on demand when I opened the Flylist.
    I hope you plan to add that back. It was one of the features I loved to auto generate palylist by my current mute, simply by adden the matching Artists and Genres to a Flylist.

HaPe
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #239  

Quote Originally Posted by hape View Post
    Hi Dan,

the final app has, as expected, an other appID as the beta version. Could you please add the text "Beta" to the title of the next beta version that we see on the launcher witch one is the beta version. Thanks in advance

HaPe
    The beta APK has been removed since the beta is over. Also as mentioned in the initial public beta forum thread, it will expire on 12/31, so it won't really matter after then. You can tell the difference between the two versions in Android app settings by looking at the version number (release version is 1.0.0).
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #240  

Hi Dan,

I'm right that the Flylist are missing at the moment? On the webos version I could add an Artist or a Genre to a Flylist and the Playlist was created on demand when I opened the Flylist.
    I hope you plan to add that back. It was one of the features I loved to auto generate palylist by my current mute, simply by adden the matching Artists and Genres to a Flylist.

HaPe
    Separate "flylists" are not needed in the Android version. Playlists In Music Player (Remix) have the same capabilities as "flylists". You can add songs, albums, artists, genres, or composers to a playlist. Just tap the "..." next to any of those items and select "Add to Playlist".

The only difference is that when you add an album, artist, genre, or composer, it will add the songs currently in those categories to the playlist. It won't add a dynamic link to the album/artist/genre/composer. So if you add a new song to the album, it won't get auto-added to the playlist. While that was an interesting feature of flylists, it makes the implementation 1000x more complex than using standard playlists.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 12-24-2012 at 08:27 AM.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #241  

The app has been submitted to the Amazon app store, so it should be available in a week or so.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

EDIT: I`m a dummy. Unknown artists is at the top.

Do I need to uninstall the side loaded version before installing form Google Play?

Any chance of a coupon code for those who purchased on webOS or used the beta? ;P

Any way to auto download album art that is missing?
    Last edited by arasarn; 12-24-2012 at 05:24 PM.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #243  

Hi Dan,

what a pity. Exactly that was the feature why I love the Flylists. To be able to simply copy new tracks to the device and know that they will show up in the planned flylists without any action.
    I only can hope that you change you mind here or find the time to move this feature over. I think it is one of the points that make MusicRemix stand out of the mass.

By the way, could you add a "refresh" icon to that Autolist selection dialog (e.g. the list of Albums or Artists to select from) to get a new set of entries if no one in the current list matches my current muse.

Thanks in advance
    HaPe
    It's doubtful I'll change the playlist behavior due to the design issues I mentioned. (EDIT: see my response below)

Adding a Refresh button was something I had planned to do but never got around to it. I'll add that to the to-do list.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 12-24-2012 at 06:35 PM.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #244  

Quote Originally Posted by arasarn View Post
    EDIT: I`m a dummy. Unknown artists is at the top.

Do I need to uninstall the side loaded version before installing form Google Play?

Any chance of a coupon code for those who purchased on webOS or used the beta? ;P

Any way to auto download album art that is missing?

You should uninstall the beta since it will cease to function in a week.

There are no coupon codes in the Google Play Store. All I can say is if you find the app useful and enjoyable, it'll be well worth the purchase.

I intentionally omitted an auto-download feature since I've found they can often times be inaccurate. Having incorrect album art saved to the music files is not an optimal user experience. What's nice about my app is when you come across a song with missing or incorrect/undesirable album art, you can quickly choose the correct one (most of the time in high-res) and have it update in the background. I've been able to update my collection as I've used the app while developing it. Also IMO, it's more gratifying to choose the images yourself. You always get the best results.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 12-25-2012 at 11:34 AM.
    Thanked by:
    hape likes this.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #245  

Actually in regards to flylists...I may add a feature where you can define rules (ex. R&B songs from the 80's). So in a way that's what flylists used to be.

But this will not be something that happens very quickly. There are a few other features I want to get out first.
    hape likes this.

Global Posts
    572 Global Posts

....The only difference is that when you add an album, artist, genre, or composer, it will add the songs currently in those categories to the playlist. It won't add a dynamic link to the album/artist/genre/composer. So if you add a new song to the album, it won't get auto-added to the playlist. While that was an interesting feature of flylists, it makes the implementation 1000x more complex than using standard playlists.
    Hi Dan,

what a pity. Exactly that was the feature why I love the Flylists. To be able to simply copy new tracks to the device and know that they will show up in the planned flylists without any action.
    I only can hope that you change you mind here or find the time to move this feature over. I think it is one of the points that make MusicRemix stand out of the mass.

By the way, could you add a "refresh" icon to that Autolist selection dialog (e.g. the list of Albums or Artists to select from) to get a new set of entries if no one in the current list matches my current muse.

Thanks in advance
    HaPe

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

You should uninstall the beta since it will cease to function in a week.

There are no coupon codes in the Google Play Store. All I can say is if you find the app useful and enjoyable, it'll be well worth the purchase.

I intentionally omitted an auto-download feature since I've found they can often times be inaccurate. Having incorrect album art saved to the music files is not an optimal user experience. What's nice about my app is when you come across a song with missing or incorrect/undesirable album art, you can quickly choose the correct one (most of the time in high-res) and have or update in the background. I've been able to update my collection as I've used the app while developing it. Also IMO, it's more gratifying to choose the images yourself. You always get the best results.
    Uninstalled Beta, bought the app, I miss the classic icon but I'll get over it. The new one is elegant in it's simplicity.

Any chance of adding ID3 editing capabilities for <unknown>s? I've seen some ID3 editor apps that link to the default music player, maybe you could partner with someone who has a similar app?

You're right about the album art. It's only two clicks away when one is undiscovered. I just notice them while I'm driving sometimes and wished my brain could bluetooth in to make the selection.

[EDIT]: Tossed you a 5 star rating and review as well. I hope you get 100 downloads for Christmas.
    Last edited by arasarn; 12-25-2012 at 11:58 AM.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #248  

Uninstalled Beta, bought the app, I miss the classic icon but I'll get over it. The new one is elegant in it's simplicity.

Any chance of adding ID3 editing capabilities for <unknown>s? I've seen some ID3 editor apps that link to the default music player, maybe you could partner with someone who has a similar app?

You're right about the album art. It's only two clicks away when one is undiscovered. I just notice them while I'm driving sometimes and wished my brain could bluetooth in to make the selection.
    Music tag editing will come in a future update. Updating the tags is easy...what makes it difficult is updating all the other various things. For instance, if I edit a song's album, I need to make sure the Android media database is immediately updated to reflect the new album name (i.e the song's album name needs to be updated, the new album needs to be added to the "albums" table, and the artist's album list needs to be updated, etc). There's a lot of things to consider when tags get updated which is why it's going to take awhile to work out.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

[EDIT]: Tossed you a 5 star rating and review as well. I hope you get 100 downloads for Christmas.
    Thanked by:
    DanPLC 
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #250  

Tossed you a 5 star rating and review as well. I hope you get 100 downloads for Christmas.
    Thanks appreciate the rating!
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast