Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #251  

Default Re: Music Player (Remix) - Now live in the Play Store!

Version 1.0.2 has been submitted to the Play Store and should appear soon.

Here's the changelog:

- (New Feature) Add a configuration option on the Preferences screen to choose the priority of where the album art is retrieved from. By default, the song's album will determine the album art. Deselect the new option to always pull the album art from the individual music file.

- (Enhancement) Add a refresh button to the Artist and Album Picker autolist popups.

- (Bug Fix) App would sometimes crash if you re-order an item in a list via drag & drop.

- (Maintenance) About screen will generate copyright year dynamically.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 12-26-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)
    Quick Post: The quick way to post to Twitter & Facebook (Google Play Store)
    Thanked by:
    hape 

Default Re: Music Player (Remix) - App is in the Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Actually in regards to flylists...I may add a feature where you can define rules (ex. R&B songs from the 80's).
    Add me as a vote for this! I'm still stymied with the inclusion of ebooks in smartlists, and it seems like these features would be interrelated.

Also, when I first started testing this it was on a Droid X, and I was loving the mini-player. I've since upgraded to a Galaxy S3, and invoking the mini-player has become far more difficult. I'm looking forward to additional gestures for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moebius Street View Post
    Also, when I first started testing this it was on a Droid X, and I was loving the mini-player. I've since upgraded to a Galaxy S3, and invoking the mini-player has become far more difficult. I'm looking forward to additional gestures for this.
    There is now a setting for how big the detection area is. That should help you get it to work.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #254  

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    There is now a setting for how big the detection area is. That should help you get it to work.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Also make sure you're running the latest Play Store version (not one of the older betas). The default detection area for higher-res phones (like the S3) was not set properly in the older betas. And as StuntmanMark mentioned, you can adjust the detection area size even further using the option on the Preferences screen.
    Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #255  

Default Re: Music Player (Remix) - App is in the Play Store!

Add me as a vote for this! I'm still stymied with the inclusion of ebooks in smartlists, and it seems like these features would be interrelated.
    If you check the "Upcoming Features" list on the Help screen of the Play Store release version you'll see one of the upcoming features will be a way to exclude either genres or songs with longer durations from the Shuffle All list and Autolists.
    hape likes this.

you can adjust the detection area size even further using the option on the Preferences screen.
    Sure enough, bumping this up to 20 make it function much more easily. Thanks.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #257  

Sure enough, bumping this up to 20 make it function much more easily. Thanks.
    Good, glad to hear.

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Any plans for LastFM integration?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #259  

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Any plans for LastFM integration?
    Yes, there's plans for Last.FM scrobbling...it's listed in the "Upcoming Features" section on the app's Help screen.
    Thanked by 2:
    Rdeans likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #260  

Music Player (Remix) is now live in the Amazon app store! Kindle users (or any other Amazon shoppers), go grab it! Amazon.com: Music Player (Remix): Appstore for Android
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #261  

Music Player (Remix) is now live in the Amazon app store! Kindle users (or any other Amazon shoppers), go grab it! Amazon.com: Music Player (Remix): Appstore for Android
    Version 1.0.2 is now live in the Amazon app store.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Hey Dan! I love the Music (Remix) is released to Play Store and Amazon Appstore now. I uninstalled the beta and installed the official version from Play Store and it seems to be working great so far. As others have said, I definitely would prefer the original icon. Would you consider changing back? The new icon looks so generic that it's easily confused with many other inferior music apps
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #263  

Quote Originally Posted by YourFace View Post
    Hey Dan! I love the Music (Remix) is released to Play Store and Amazon Appstore now. I uninstalled the beta and installed the official version from Play Store and it seems to be working great so far. As others have said, I definitely would prefer the original icon. Would you consider changing back? The new icon looks so generic that it's easily confused with many other inferior music apps
    No I'm not changing it back. As I previously mentioned, the old icon was not large enough in size for Play Store submission requirements. Plus even if that wasn't an issue, I feel like the app needed a new, fresh icon. I really like the clean look of the new icon. I'm sure a professional graphic designer could have done better, but I think with my limited skills it came out looking nice.
    Rdeans likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #264  

Version 1.0.3 has been submitted to the Play Store (Amazon store submission coming in a few minutes). This version adds Last.fm scrobbling and several bug fixes.

Here's the complete changelog:

- (New Feature) Last.fm scrobbling is now available (on the Preferences screen accessible via the right-side sliding menu). During an internet outage, up to 50 scrobbles are cached and will be resent the next time the app successfully scrobbles.

- (Bug Fix) Loading the Genre song list screen could crash the app under certain conditions.

- (Bug Fix) Switching songs from different albums could crash the app under certain conditions.

- (Bug Fix) Scrolling on the album song list screen using the fast-scroll bar when the album has a large number of songs would cause the app to crash.

- (Bug Fix) App would sometimes crash if you re-order an item in a list via drag & drop.

- (Bug Fix) After a device reboot, the play button on the home screen widgets was invisible.
    Thanked by:
    hape 

Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid JB, CM9 Alpha2

Dan, is there any easy way to change the app that Share uses? I selected one but really need to use a different one.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
    CM-REMIX 4.4.2 VZW Galaxy Nexus - CM11 HP TouchPad
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #266  

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Dan, is there any easy way to change the app that Share uses? I selected one but really need to use a different one.
    The app selection dialog will appear anytime you try to share a song. If it doesn't, then you may have inadvertently selected the "use this app by default" checkbox. To clear any default settings for an app, you should be able to go to Android app settings, select the specific app (in this case Remix), and tap "Clear Defaults".

The app selection dialog will appear anytime you try to share a song. If it doesn't, then you may have inadvertently selected the "use this app by default" checkbox. To clear any default settings for an app, you should be able to go to Android app settings, select the specific app (in this case Remix), and tap "Clear Defaults".
    I find the easiest way to handle this stuff is with the free app . This gives you a more convenient way to see what is currently the default for a given Intent, and change or clear it out.

Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid JB, CM9 Alpha2

Thanks for the hint, actually I needed to select the app that was being launched and clear it's Launch Defaults.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
    CM-REMIX 4.4.2 VZW Galaxy Nexus - CM11 HP TouchPad
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #269  

I find the easiest way to handle this stuff is with the free app . This gives you a more convenient way to see what is currently the default for a given Intent, and change or clear it out.
    I'll have to check that out.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #270  

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Thanks for the hint, actually I needed to select the app that was being launched and clear it's Launch Defaults.
    Yeah that makes sense.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #271  

TechFanatix.com posted a great review of Music Player (Remix)! Check it out:
    hape likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #272  

Version 1.0.4 has been submitted to the Play Store and Amazon app store. It contains the following bug fixes:

- (Bug Fix) If the Karaoke recording list or playback popups were displayed while switching device orientation, the app would crash.

- (Bug Fix) If lyrics were not found for certain types of songs, karaoke recordings of those songs may not have appeared in the karaoke recording list.

- (Bug Fix) Improve error handling related to image memory allocation.

- (Bug Fix) Improve error handling related to media database access in case another app has locked the media database.

- (Bug Fix) Application could lock up if the Android media system took too long to return the current song's position.

- (Bug Fix) Memory usage on the Genre and Composer screens were not optimal while in list view.
    Thanked by:
    hape 

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

If I am using this app and my GS3 as my main music player, is there a desktop music app you would recommend that has two syncing of libraries? I often download music directly to the phone and would want it to go both ways. (WiFi syncing would be awesome)
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #274  

Quote Originally Posted by arasarn View Post
    If I am using this app and my GS3 as my main music player, is there a desktop music app you would recommend that has two syncing of libraries? I often download music directly to the phone and would want it to go both ways. (WiFi syncing would be awesome)
    Personally, I just copied all my music files to my device via USB drag/drop when I first set up music on my device. Then if I want to transfer a new file or two from my computer to my device, I just use Wifi File Explorer Pro (an app that allows you to transfer files via wifi). But honestly, most of my new files come from on-device purchasing (at Amazon MP3). So most of the time I have no need to transfer files from my PC to my device.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

What about getting the files you download to your phone from your phone onto your pc?

I also am experiencing a bug with album art. I was trying to get a bunch of it at once and I am finding that the app looses it's place in the media library if I try to begin downloading album art for a second album before the first album has finished downloading the album art to all songs. A device restart remedies this situation.
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast