Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 13141516
Like Tree79Likes

Default Re: Music Player (Remix)

I tried other albums (Supertramp, The Police...), it doesn't find any cover. That was working without problems in previous versions.

The scrollbar is misplaced in all lists, landscape and portrait.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 10 mit Tapatalk
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #377  

I suspect you're having issues with Bing. Previously I was using Google Images to find album art. I switched to Bing a few releases ago for a few reasons.

Can you go to bing.com on your Nexus 5 and search for the album in Bing Images and see if you find the album art?

I'm not sure why the scrollbars are messed up on your device. I have an S4 with the same screen resolution and it displays fine. Unfortunately I don't have a Nexus 5 so I can't test the app to determine why the scrollbars are messed up.
    Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)
    Quick Post: The quick way to post to Twitter & Facebook (Google Play Store)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #378  

I realized there's a key difference between your Nexus 5 and my Galaxy S4...you're running KitKat and I'm not. So I loaded up the KitKat emulator on my computer and sure enough I experienced the same scrollbar display issue. I figured out what's causing it and was able to fix it. The next release will have the fix.

I also tried out album art downloading on the KitKat emulator, but it worked fine. So that's definitely not a KitKat-related issue.
    Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)

Ok, here is a screenshot of Bing in my Dolphin browser, obviously it's working.
    Music Player (Remix)-screenshot.jpg
    The page address is:
    Maybe it can help. Or would it be helpful if I sent you a log?

Great, that you could reproduce the scrollbar issue at least. One step after the other

Chris
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #380  

I've been working on adding Chromecast support to Music Player (Remix). Here's an early preview:
    Thanked by 2:
    noseph and davidtm like this.

Global Posts
    572 Global Posts

Hi Dan,

today I read about the Splyce iPone player (). It has one feature that I would ask if it could be intigrated into MusicRemix.

I have music with verry differnt style on my device. So it yould be crate to have a shuffel all / auto playlist function that can find music that matches the kind / bests per minute of the current playing song. So I would be able to select a song of the kind of music I would love to listen to and then let Music Remix continue with other songs of the same kind.

Hanspeter
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #382  

Quote Originally Posted by hape View Post
    Hi Dan,

today I read about the Splyce iPone player (). It has one feature that I would ask if it could be intigrated into MusicRemix.

I have music with verry differnt style on my device. So it yould be crate to have a shuffel all / auto playlist function that can find music that matches the kind / bests per minute of the current playing song. So I would be able to select a song of the kind of music I would love to listen to and then let Music Remix continue with other songs of the same kind.

Hanspeter
    I'm sorry but I don't anticipate adding this type of feature. It would take a significant amount of work to develop a system to detect BPM on all media stored on the device and since you're the only person who's asked for this feature, it's not going to be likely I'd work on such a time-consuming feature.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #383  

Version 1.5.0 has been released! This is a huge release I've been working on for awhile. It has a ton of great stuff in it (see the complete list below), but the biggest feature is Chromecast support! You can now cast any of your local music files to your TV. Your song/album/artist info is displayed on the TV, along with the album art and the current progress in the song. You can control the Chromecast in the app, through the notification controls, lockscreen controls, and even the advanced mini-player (swipe up from the bottom of the screen in any app).

In celebration of the version 1.5.0 release, the app is on sale for $1.50 (regular price $4.99) - limited time only! Be sure to check out the fully-functional free trial version () which has been reset for all users.

Here's the complete changelog:

- (New Feature) Add Chromecast support (requires Google Play Services on your device...basically any device with the Google Play store).

- (New Feature) Add 'View Wiki' option for songs available on the Now Playing screen as well as in the '...' menu next to songs. This is replacing the 'Find remixes on YouTube' option.

- (New Feature) Add the ability to share an image from another app to set the Music Player (Remix) wallpaper. This will work with any app, like many wallpaper apps, that have a share function.

- (Enhancement) Make it easier, especially on tablets, to close the sliding panels. Just tap anywhere outside of the panel to close it.

- (Enhancement) Improve the visual appeal of the sliding panels. The panels will be displayed with a toned-down hue based upon the selected menu color.

- (Enhancement) When in playlist multi-add mode, tapping a song/album/artist on the Faves list will add that item to the playlist.

- (Enhancement) On Android 4.4+ when tag editing or file deletion fails, display an error indicating it's not possible to edit files outside of the app's directory on SD cards in Android 4.4+ due to a restriction imposed by Google in Android 4.4.

- (Enhancement) On Gingerbread devices, the volume control slider bar was not displayed using the Holo style.

- (Bug Fix) If a music file had corrupted tags, the app was unable to edit tags, save lyrics, or save album art to the music file.

- (Bug Fix) On devices with less system memory, updating tag data in a large music file could have resulted in the app crashing.

- (Bug Fix) On devices running KitKat, the scrollbar on the Now Playing and music library browsing screens were displayed too far to the left.

- (Bug Fix) Improve the way the mini-player is sized, especially on tablets.

- (Bug Fix) On devices with high screen resolutions, switching from portrait to landscape multiple times would sometimes result in the app crashing or the wallpaper not displaying.

- (Bug Fix) On certain tablets in landscape mode, the upper row of shortcuts (above the album art) would be too tiny.

- (Bug Fix) If you switched tracks from the same album on the mini-player, the track info wouldn't update.

- (Bug Fix) For headphones with a single button, double-clicking the button skipped to the next track, but also incorrectly toggled the pause/play state.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #384  

Version 1.5.1 has been released with a quick bug fix. On some devices, when you enabled playlist multi-add mode, the browsing list would disappear. The update should be available soon.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #385  

Working on a feature in version 1.5.2 which I've wanted to do for a long time. The app already allows you to search YouTube for a given song, but it loads the external YouTube app. Now in version 1.5.2, you'll be able to view a song's YouTube video within the app. When you select the "Play YouTube video" option for a given song, the most relevant YouTube video (per YouTube's search results) will be played automatically.

You'll also be provided a list of other video choices. Tap on a choice and that video will play. The app will also remember which video you played last and will automatically play that video the next time you use the "Play YouTube video" option.

Also if you switch to landscape orientation while playing a video, or select "Play YouTube video" while in landscape, the video will play automatically in full-screen mode.

Here's a screenshot of the in-app YouTube video viewing experience (in portrait mode):

Music Player (Remix)-remix_youtube.jpg
    Last edited by DanPLC; 04-20-2014 at 12:29 AM.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #386  

Version 1.5.2 has been released and should be available for download soon. As mentioned in my previous post, it contains the awesomely fun in-app YouTube video viewing feature plus several other enhancements and bug fixes.

The $1.50 sale is going to be ending on Wednesday 4/23. The price will be raised to $3.99, so if you're interested in grabbing the app now is the time!

Here's the complete changelog:

- (New Feature) Select 'Play YouTube video' on the Now Playing screen (or in the '...' menu next to a song) to play the YouTube video within the app. You can also tap on other video results and the next time you choose to 'Play YouTube video', it will play the last selected video. The video will go fullscreen when switching to landscape orientation.

- (Enhancement) On the Help screen, add FAQs for which audio formats are supported and reasons why songs may not be showing up in the app. Also when no music is found on the device, add an option to the popup to display additional info concerning why the songs may not be showing up.

- (Enhancement) While in playlist multi-add mode, if a Fave is tapped do not close the left-side sliding panel. This will allow you to quickly add multiple Faves to the playlist.

- (Enhancement) When downloading album art for a song, do not embed the album art into all songs in the album if the album name is undefined or if the album contains more than 25 songs (which could indicate that the songs in the album are being grouped together because the album name was undefined).

- (Enhancement) Add a Close button to the Song wiki popup. The back button will still close this popup.

- (Bug Fix) If you displayed the mini-player and immediately viewed Faves or Playlists, the background would be overly transparent (too difficult to read).
    Last edited by DanPLC; 04-20-2014 at 05:56 PM.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC;3593843d/player/reference/com/google/android/youtube/player/package-summary[/url
    )..

- (Enhancement) When downloading album art for a song, do not embed the album art into all songs in the album if the album name is undefined or if the album contains more than 25 songs (which could indicate that the songs in the album are being grouped together because the album name was undefined).
    What if an album has 30 songs, or if it's a double album with 50 songs, for example. Does this mean that it won't work for the whole album? Maybe offer a pop up option to ask if the user wants to do that?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #388  

Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    What if an album has 30 songs, or if it's a double album with 50 songs, for example. Does this mean that it won't work for the whole album? Maybe offer a pop up option to ask if the user wants to do that?
    I may land up tweaking the value (maybe to 50), but for right now it's 25 which should be good for most albums. Or maybe I'll add a popup like you suggested if the song count is high.
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #389  

The big $1.50 sale is ending tomorrow! Tomorrow the price is going up to $3.99. So grab it while you can at this amazing bargain price.

And for everyone who grabbed it during the sale, thanks a lot for supporting the app. If you get a minute, please leave a review in the Play Store / Amazon App Store. It's really appreciated!
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 13141516