Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Default Re: Music Player (Remix)

Another question. I hate the way Poweramp does shuffling. It took me a while to figure out, and I would love to see simple commands. Shuffle songs in playlist or repeat songs in playlist for example. Or just play an album all the way though. Any chance of this?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Quote Originally Posted by trinamorgan88 View Post
    Another question. I hate the way Poweramp does shuffling. It took me a while to figure out, and I would love to see simple commands. Shuffle songs in playlist or repeat songs in playlist for example. Or just play an album all the way though. Any chance of this?
    If you tap the ellipsis ("...") next to a playlist, you'll have an option to load it up in shuffled order. Also you can swipe up (from the bottom of the screen) to display the "shuffle" and "repeat" toggle options.

I'm not sure what you mean by "play an album all the way through". When you select an album, by default it'll play it in track # order.
    Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)
    Quick Post: The quick way to post to Twitter & Facebook (Google Play Store)
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Well the app has plenty of gestures, so you'll feel right at home. :-)
    Ohh how I miss all the webOS gestures.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

Will Remix resume playing exactly where it stopped when leaving the app?

The stock player on my S III always restarts the last played song from the beginning...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Quote Originally Posted by lairdchris View Post
    Will Remix resume playing exactly where it stopped when leaving the app?

The stock player on my S III always restarts the last played song from the beginning...
    Yes! I already have this working actually. It remembers the exact song list you were listening to as well as the exact position in the song you were listening.

But Remix is going to go a step further. You're going to be able to resume the last played position in any song you load, not just the last one that played. So basically anytime you load a song, you'll have the option to resume where you last left off. This will help in the following scenarios:

- If you're listening to a long-format audio file (audiobook, podcast, etc.), you can stop that file and start listening to music, then go back later and resume where you left off. You'll also have the option of saving manual bookmarks in tracks, but it'll save an automatic one as well.
    - If you accidentally switch tracks when listening to a song, you can go back to it and just resume where you left off.
    Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)
    Thanked by:
    Biggnaa20 and noseph like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Here's a demo video of the Song and Album browsing screens. It shows off the multiple sorting options as well as other features:

Last edited by DanPLC; 09-21-2012 at 07:35 AM.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

I forgot to demo landscape mode. Here's a screenshot:

All the screens in the app are being designed around various layouts (phone & tablet). So you'll always have the optimal user experience no matter how you hold your device or which device you're holding.

wow, this is so cool! Thanks for sharing!
    Thanked by:
    DanPLC 
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Quote Originally Posted by shuiguodao View Post
    wow, this is so cool! Thanks for sharing!
    Anything in particular that really stands out to you? Or is the whole app just cool?

I'm interested in hearing what features seem most appealing to everyone. Personally after using the app myself, I think the mini-player (revealed by swiping up within any other app) is the most compelling feature. It's something that just isn't possible on other platforms and really showcases the power of multitasking.

I still owe you for making my pixie usable. I'm so onboard when it is released.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    DanPLC 
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp70 View Post
    I still owe you for making my pixie usable. I'm so onboard when it is released.
    Haha! Yeah the Pixi was a bit underwhelming. I'm glad my app was able to help in a small way.

Global Posts
    6,875 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Anything in particular that really stands out to you? Or is the whole app just cool?

I'm interested in hearing what features seem most appealing to everyone. Personally after using the app myself, I think the mini-player (revealed by swiping up within any other app) is the most compelling feature. It's something that just isn't possible on other platforms and really showcases the power of multitasking.
    That doesn't seem too far off from the webOS dashboard player you made, although that did take up screen real estate. I like that idea though. Are you considering a carousel type of album browser by any chance? I think that would be my only request that was never made for webOS. It's pretty hard to come up with new ideas for your app, as it was really feature comprehensive.

Actually, what about if I'm playing a certain song....and I'm on shuffle all for example...a button to show all tracks by that artist, or album, or both?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge007 View Post
    That doesn't seem too far off from the webOS dashboard player you made, although that did take up screen real estate. I like that idea though.
    It is very similar to the mini-player I created in webOS. And while Android now has notification controls similar to webOS, they're limited to simple touch commands and cannot contain more advanced controls like a list or scrubber bar. The mini-player on Android is designed to be an almost-complete replacement for the app's full Now Playing screen that can be accessed anywhere you are on your phone.

Are you considering a carousel type of album browser by any chance? I think that would be my only request that was never made for webOS. It's pretty hard to come up with new ideas for your app, as it was really feature comprehensive.
    I'm going to be working on a grid view for the Albums screen. I'm going to look into a carousel view too (good idea!), but based upon my initial investigation it looks like it will only be on Honeycomb and later. Other carousel implementations I've found make use of a Honeycomb and later feature.

Actually, what about if I'm playing a certain song....and I'm on shuffle all for example...a button to show all tracks by that artist, or album, or both?
    That's already there. On the Now Playing screen you can tap the ellipsis (...) at the top of the screen to get additional options including "View Album" and "View Artist". Also you can tap-and-hold the preset option buttons above the album art to assign one of the extra functions to that preset. So if you commonly view the album of the current song, you can assign it to one of the presets.

Also on any song or album list, you can tap the ellipsis (...) next to a song/album to get "View Album" (for songs only) and "View Artist" options.

I'm hoping it's coming soon. I'm getting sick of Poweramp playing songs that aren't playlist and shuffling when it's not selected.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Quote Originally Posted by trinamorgan88 View Post
    I'm hoping it's coming soon. I'm getting sick of Poweramp playing songs that aren't playlist and shuffling when it's not selected.

Well shuffle is definitely working. I know because I switch it often.

I'm making good progress on the app, but still have more to do. But hopefully not too much longer.
    Thanked by:
    sledge007 and Blaize19 like this.

I'm excited. I really missed Remix!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Dumbphones>Treo 650>Apache>Mogul>Raphael>Palm Pre>Samsung Epic 4g>Evo 4g>Epic 4g Touch>GSM Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy S3 + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
    DanPLC 
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Quote Originally Posted by Biggnaa20 View Post
    I'm excited. I really missed Remix!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Thanks a lot. I'm actually excited too. I missed working on it (and using it).
    Biggnaa20 likes this.

Global Posts
    6,875 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Already there... as in this version, I take it? I guess that's a feature that was missing on webOS as well then.... or I'm just really missing it there. Glad you're making progress, and looking forward to release day. Still have LastFM integration?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Already there... as in this version, I take it? I guess that's a feature that was missing on webOS as well then.... or I'm just really missing it there. Glad you're making progress, and looking forward to release day. Still have LastFM integration?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    The webOS version had it by tapping the song info on Now Playing screen. This brings up the album. Tapping and holding the song info brings up the artist.
    I'm planning on adding last.fm scrobbling.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,875 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Well that would have been handy to know Guess I didn't think of touching it and seeing what happens, lol.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Well that would have been handy to know Guess I didn't think of touching it and seeing what happens, lol.
    That's why I'm changing it in the Android version. I don't want to have as many "hidden features" as I did in the webOS version. I want most everything to be obvious to the user.
    sledge007 and Blaize19 like this.

Very excited! Would love to beta test!

Sent from my Unrooted Droid Razr Maxx Using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    DanPLC 
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Quote Originally Posted by awriternot View Post
    Very excited! Would love to beta test!

Sent from my Unrooted Droid Razr Maxx Using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the interest. I'll be announcing beta news on Twitter ().
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

I just finished up the Songs, Albums, Artists, Genres, and Composers screens (actually Composers is still being worked on). They all have list and thumbnail views with various sorting options. For instance, on the Songs and Albums screens you can sort alphabetically (A-Z, Z-A) or by release date. On the Artists screen you can sort alphabetically or by song count.

In both list and thumbnail views you can quickly scroll down the list (using the slider on the right-side of the screen) and view an on-screen section indicator. For example, if you're sorting by release date, it'll show you on-screen which year you're scrolling through.

Here's the Artists screen in thumbnail view:

Here's the Artists screen in list view:

Here's the Genres screen in thumbnail view:

Music Player (Remix)? Sounds good. But will it be possible to use own skins (like Ubermusic app and widgets)?
    I want to use the player with my tablet in landscape mode in a car and need big fonts...
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast