Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: Music Player (Remix)

Quote Originally Posted by bhitman View Post
    Music Player (Remix)? Sounds good. But will it be possible to use own skins (like Ubermusic app and widgets)?
    I want to use the player with my tablet in landscape mode in a car and need big fonts...
    You'll be able to change the look of the app via custom wallpapers and colors.

The app is being designed with finger-friendly music controls that are perfect for use in the car (I use it every day myself in the car). In addition to that, all the screens in the app are going to be customized for tablets. When I'm finished with the tablet interface, I'll post pics/videos here and you can let me know if that will work for you. If you have ideas on how to make it more car-friendly, let me know.
    Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)
    Quick Post: The quick way to post to Twitter & Facebook (Google Play Store)

Tabelts with 7" screen have a lot of space. The most players use fonts, which are to small for using in car. I've mod a theme for Übermusic, which is perfect (but the development was stopped since month).. If you're interested, I can send you an example via mail or pm... Wallpaper? I'm using multiPicture Live wallpaper and DesktopVisulizeR for my custom home screen.
    What about widgets? Are they scinnable too?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Tabelts with 7" screen have a lot of space. The most players use fonts, which are to small for using in car. I've mod a theme for Übermusic, which is perfect (but the development was stopped since month).. If you're interested, I can send you an example via mail or pm... Wallpaper? I'm using multiPicture Live wallpaper and DesktopVisulizeR for my custom home screen.
    What about widgets? Are they scinnable too?
    Yeah I'd like to see a screenshot of what you're talking about. You can PM me or email me at hedamisoft AT gmail.

Wallpaper customization is within the app. You can choose your own custom wallpaper for the app or optionally use the device's wallpaper (including live wallpaper!).

There will be various widgets, but they won't be skinnable in the traditional sense. Their color will be based upon the one chosen in the app's aesthetic customization menu. But honestly once people start using the "mini-player", I expect the traditional widgets to become obsolete. If you missed it earlier in this thread, the "mini-player" can be displayed by swiping up at the bottom of the screen within any other app. It displays a mini-app that has much more functionality than a traditional widget including a slider bar and scrollable song list.
    Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)
    sledge007 likes this.

Thx for your effort. I've sent you an e-mail (gmail) with the screenshots.
    Wallpaper: I don't spoke about a wallpaper within the app (have a look at the 1st screenshot)...
    Last edited by bhitman; 09-26-2012 at 07:45 PM.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

Thx for your effort. I've sent you an e-mail (gmail) with the screenshots.
    Wallpaper: I don't spoke about a wallpaper within the app (have a look at the 1st screenshot)...
    I got your email and sent you a response. Thanks again for the images.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

I've been working on a really cool, unique feature called "NuPlay" and it's now ready to demo. When you add new music to your device (by downloading from a music service or copying files from your computer via USB or wifi), Music Player (Remix) will automatically detect the new songs and issue a notification. Tap the notification to play the new songs, along with the rest of your music collection sorted by the date you added them to your device.

When you add new songs to your device, in most cases you're going to want to listen to those songs, so now you can without having to manually load up the app and search/browse for those new songs. The NuPlay feature will be able to be disabled in Preferences for those who don't care to receive these types of notifications.

Here's a demo video for NuPlay:

Ok. That's really cool. Not sure how much I'd use it, but it's sure gonna be fun to play with.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums
    Be nice. Until it's time to not be nice. - Dalton, Road House
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

Quote Originally Posted by Blaize19 View Post
    Ok. That's really cool. Not sure how much I'd use it, but it's sure gonna be fun to play with.

Anytime you add new music you'll use it! But yeah it's all about having fun with it. I'm trying to design the app to be fun/enjoyable to use. I find myself bringing up the mini-player even when I don't need it...just because it's cool to do.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Anytime you add new music you'll use it! But yeah it's all about having fun with it. I'm trying to design the app to be fun/enjoyable to use. I find myself bringing up the mini-player even when I don't need it...just because it's cool to do.
    Heh. I can totally see myself doing that!

Be nice. Until it's time to not be nice. - Dalton, Road House
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

Here are a few screenshots of the album detail screen.

Album song list:

Music Player (Remix)-uploadfromtaptalk1348957339478.jpg

Swipe left to reveal inline Wiki info:

Music Player (Remix)-uploadfromtaptalk1348957383375.jpg
    sledge007 and Blaize19 like this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  

Added nav buttons to the wiki screen so you can easily browse through various wiki pages (album songs, artist info, etc.) and navigate back to the original page.

Music Player (Remix)-remix_wiki.png
    Blaize19 likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  

Here's the artist detail screen. Swipe to switch between the artist's song list, album list, and wiki page. Songs and albums can be viewed either in list or thumbnail views.

Blaize19 likes this.

Really looking forward to this release, so far I'm not impressed with ANY other music player for android, but this looks very promising!
    Thanked by:
    DanPLC 
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

Quote Originally Posted by RichK90 View Post
    Really looking forward to this release, so far I'm not impressed with ANY other music player for android, but this looks very promising!
    Thanks a lot. I'm putting a lot of time and care into this app. So I hope in the end people really enjoy using it.

I'll definitely enjoy trying this out. Only problem is, all this awesomeness takes time which means a longer wait til it's available. D:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #66  

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    I'll definitely enjoy trying this out. Only problem is, all this awesomeness takes time which means a longer wait til it's available. D:
    Yeah if only I could snap my fingers and have it magically be completed. That would be great!
    sledge007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Yeah if only I could snap my fingers and have it magically be completed. That would be great!
    Yeah, for all of us. Though if you could that would probably take away all the satisfaction of its success.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Yeah, for all of us. Though if you could that would probably take away all the satisfaction of its success.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums
    Yeah it's definitely rewarding to see something you worked hard on succeed.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

Music Player (Remix) has extensive bookmarking features which I've demo'd here:

Save manual bookmarks in a song with visual indicators on the scrubber bar. Switch between bookmarks using the next/previous buttons. Or bring up the bookmark viewer and select an individual bookmark to play or delete. This bookmark viewer is available on the Now Playing screen or any screen that lists songs (by tapping the ellipsis next to a song). Also you can tap "Bookmarks" in the menu to bring up a list of songs containing bookmarks.

In addition to manual bookmarks, the app will automatically save a bookmark in every single song you play. So if you leave the app, switch tracks, or load up a different playlist, you can go back to any song and resume where you left off. Just bring up the bookmark viewer and tap "Resume last position". This can be handy if you;re listening to an audiobook and decide to start listening to some music. If you forgot to save a manual bookmark, it's no problem. Just go back to the audiobook, select "Resume last position", and you're back where you left off. Or if you're listening to a song and switch tracks by accident, just go back to the previous song and you can resume where you left off.
    Blaize19 and lairdchris like this.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jedi Mind Trick v9

Release date???
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

Quote Originally Posted by l0v3mon3y08 View Post
    Release date???
    When it's done! I'd rather not estimate a release date, but I'll tell you that I'm making good progress and have the majority finished. But still have a few more things to do such as autolists, lyrics/karaoke, and album art downloading.

You can keep up with the progress of the app either here or on Twitter (@MusicRemixApp).

ROM
    Stock, for now

Can't wait to try it out!

Sent from my phone.
    Thanked by:
    DanPLC 
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #73  

In addition to regular playlists, Music Player (Remix) will have something called "Autolists". They are auto-generated playlists created based upon your listening habits and other factors. You can see a demo here:

In the initial version of the app, the following 9 autolists will be included:

1) NuSongs: Songs recently loaded on your device
    2) Favorites: A random mix of your most played songs
    3) Chart Toppers: Songs you listen to the most
    4) Déjà vu: A random mix of recently played songs
    5) Oldies But Goodies: Songs you used to listen to often
    6) Memory Lane: A random mix of songs long forgotten
    7) New Experiences: A random mix of unlistened songs
    8) Album Picker: A random selection of albums
    9) Artist Picker: A random selection of artists

Each autolist will have several choices on how to configure it. For instance, you may choose to listen to the music you've listened to in the past week ("Déjà vu") or your top 10 most played songs ("Chart Toppers").
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  

Building a new playlist in most music apps is cumbersome. You have to go to the Songs screen, pick a song, open up the options menu, select the playlist, then find the next song, open up the options menu, select the playlist, and repeat that over and over until you complete your playlist.

Music Player (Remix) is going to do things a bit differently. You have the ability to open up an options menu on any song, album, artist, genre, or composer and add it to a playlist. But there will be an additional option called "multi-add". Open up the options menu on any playlist and select "multi-add". Now go to any screen within the app and just tap on any song, album, artist, genre, or composer to add those songs to the playlist. Or tap the Search button and select any song, album, or artist in the search results. Keep tapping away until your playlist is complete. A running count of songs and the playlist's current duration is displayed at the top of the screen. When you're done, just tap the "X" at the top of the screen and you're ready to enjoy your playlist.

Here's a demo of the new Playlist MultiAdd feature:

Blaize19 likes this.

And another great idea of yours.
    You're making us all kind of nervous ;-)

Where is the "Like very much" button?
    Thanked by:
    DanPLC 
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast