Music Player (Remix)

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Music Player (Remix) - Public beta is now open!

By the way, bringing up the mini player is way easier after the update.

That's good to hear. I made the detection area a bit bigger, especially on higher density devices. And the next beta will add the ability to adjust the detection area size. That way people can find the best size that works for them.

StuntmanMark

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

That's good to hear. I made the detection area a bit bigger, especially on higher density devices. And the next beta will add the ability to adjust the detection area size. That way people can find the best size that works for them.

Nice. I think that's going to be one of your killer features.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Hi Dan
I still have the visual glitch.

Well that's bad news. The Android 4.2 emulator doesn't exhibit this behavior, so it's very difficult to troubleshoot this. Can you open up one of the sliding panels to see the issue, then email me your app log? Perhaps it can give some type of clue (doubtful...but it's something to try). To email me your app log, tap the "?" in the right panel and go to "Support" and tap on "Send App Log".

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Dan,

There were 2 primary apps on webOS that I have missed since having to replace my Pre a few months ago, one was Music Player (Remix) and the other was GoeStrings. Can't wait to get the player, though I have only had my GN2 for 5 days and have no idea yet how to side load. I'll figure it out.

I hope this means that GeoStrings is coming next? :)

Jeff

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Dan,

There were 2 primary apps on webOS that I have missed since having to replace my Pre a few months ago, one was Music Player (Remix) and the other was GoeStrings. Can't wait to get the player, though I have only had my GN2 for 5 days and have no idea yet how to side load. I'll figure it out.

I hope this means that GeoStrings is coming next? :)

Jeff

Sideloading apps in Android is very easy. Just go to Settings and under "Applications" should be an option to load from unknown sources. Once you enable this, you can click on the APK link in my original public beta forum post and the app will be installed.

Once you install it, you'll have to tell me how you like it. Personally I think it's better than the webOS version.

Not sure if I will do GeoStrings...although I do miss using it.

arasarn

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

I love this app on my palm pre 2.

Upgraded to a Galaxy S 3 in the coming weeks and this will be one of the first things that I install!

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Version 0.9.11 is now available! The APK link can be found in the original public beta post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-applications/206430-music-player-remix-public-beta-now-open-5.html#post2399542

Here's the changelog:

- (New Feature) Add mini-player configuration options on the Preferences screen.

- (New Feature) Add an alternate 4x2 widget which can be added to the lock screen on Android 4.2+ devices.

- (Enhancement) Remove the mini-player from the lock screen if a phone call comes in.

- (Bug Fix) When switching tracks to a song within the same album, the album art displayed on the basic lock screen controls would disappear.

- (Bug Fix) On certain Android 4.2 devices, scrolling on the sliding panels would produce visual artifacts.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Version 0.9.12 is now available! The APK link can be found in the original public beta post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-applications/206430-music-player-remix-public-beta-now-open-5.html#post2399542

Here's the changelog:

- (New Feature) Long-tap the pause/play tap area on the album art to display fine-tuned scrubbing controls (skipping backward and forward by 5, 30, or 60 seconds). Long-tap the pause/play area again to hide the fine-tuned controls. This works on any screen as well as on the mini-player. Also, the current fine-tuned controls display setting is saved as you move from screen to screen, so if you display them on one screen, they'll still be displayed on another (until you hide them).

- (Bug Fix) Fix some formatting issues on the Preferences screens, especially on Gingerbread devices.

Last edited:

StuntmanMark

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

The formating for the album art view when I'm scrolling is messed up. They all seem stretched. I meant to post this sooner, but I've had some Internet connection issues and I couldn't get pictures to post on the last forum.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355467604545.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355467604545.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 50

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

The formating for the album art view when I'm scrolling is messed up. They all seem stretched. I meant to post this sooner, but I've had some Internet connection issues and I couldn't get pictures to post on the last forum.

Yeah it looks that way on my 480x800 emulator. I'll get it fixed.

debango

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Sir Hedami, how does a mere mortal like I, install an apk on my android phone or the touchpad. Any quick set of steps will be very helpful. Thanks

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Sir Hedami, how does a mere mortal like I, install an apk on my android phone or the touchpad. Any quick set of steps will be very helpful. Thanks

Go to the Settings app and enable the "install apps from unknown sources" option. Sometimes it's under "Applications" or "Security".

Once you do this, you can click the APK link in any browser on your device and it should install the app.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I fixed the issue. It'll be in the next beta.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Version 0.9.13 is now available with a bunch of new configuration options. Go grab it: http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-applications/206430-music-player-remix-public-beta-now-open-5.html#post2399542

Here's the changelog:

- (New Feature) Add configuration options on the Preferences screen for forcing the screen on. The options are "Never", "When the app is open", and "When the app is open, only while the device is charging".

- (New Feature) Add configuration options on the Preferences screen for notifications. One is for the main music service notification (which keeps the Remix music service running) and the other is for NuPlay (new song) notifications.

- (New Feature) Add configuration options on the Preferences screen for miscellaneous settings. The only one listed is for auto-playing music when the app is loaded.

- (New Feature) Add configuration options on the Preferences screen for lyric caching. The options are "Disabled", "Embedded in music file", and "Saved in a file located in the same directory as the music file".

- (New Feature) On the Album Detail and Artist Detail screens, you can select the default view on each screen by long-tapping the desired tab. So for instance, on the Artist Detail screen, if you want it to display the album list by default, long-tap "Artist List" at the top of the screen.

- (Bug Fix) Artist detail screen (in grid view) was not formatted properly on 480x800 devices.

- (Bug Fix) Pressing Enter on the keyboard while searching produced an empty screen. Now a message will appear at the bottom of the screen indicating users should tap one of the results in the dialog box below the search bar (vs. pressing Enter on the keyboard). Also the voice search button has been removed. In the future, a dedicated search screen may be implemented.

StuntmanMark

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

- (Bug Fix) Pressing Enter on the keyboard while searching produced an empty screen. Now a message will appear at the bottom of the screen indicating users should tap one of the results in the dialog box below the search bar (vs. pressing Enter on the keyboard). Also the voice search button has been removed. In the future, a dedicated search screen may be implemented.

This also has stopped voice control from working from Google Now, which at this point was the only real feature I thought was missing.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

This also has stopped voice control from working from Google Now, which at this point was the only real feature I thought was missing.

I'm not sure what you mean by "stopped voice control from working from Google Now". Can you elaborate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs