Text app with group capability
We're transitioning from iPhone to Android (Samsung Galaxy Nexus). We want to text to a group where each reply is sent back into the group. We have tried several apps where you can address multiple people, but the replies come back outside the group. The only one we've found that handles this so far is Powow, but it requires that the group members text to a unique phone number (created when the group profile is setup). We're hoping to find something that more or less mimicks the iPhone since the other group members are using the iPhone. Thanks
Last edited by flroots; 09-09-2012 at 07:42 PM.
- 09-09-2012, 09:35 PM #2
Re: Text app with group capability
- Go SMS Pro
- Handcent SMS
Update: We've managed to get Go SMS Pro and Handcent to handle group texting with limitations. They both seem to have an odd and annoying characteristic. When receiving a message it first arrives in a thread from the person sending it and eventually gets moved over to the group thread. Go SMS Pro moves it over automatically with a delay of a minute or two whereas Handcent requires you to touch a button called 'Download' in the thread before it gets moved. We haven't figured out how to make incoming messages land directly into the group thread. Anyone having success with an app that does group texting well with iPhone users?
Last edited by flroots; 09-11-2012 at 10:55 AM.
- 01-02-2013, 09:32 AM #5
- 01-03-2013, 05:55 PM #6
- By juanuby in forum Motorola Droid 3Replies: 5Last Post: 10-26-2012, 09:57 PM
- By StuartV in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 44Last Post: 10-16-2012, 05:07 AM
- By boundbymusic in forum Samsung Galaxy S II SkyrocketReplies: 2Last Post: 02-01-2012, 12:21 AM
- By whatwhatinthebutt in forum HTC EVO 3DReplies: 7Last Post: 08-10-2011, 09:23 PM
- By vietalogy in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-27-2011, 10:51 AM